5 weeks after botox and the effects are still increasing

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Including at the injection site. It’s been exactly five weeks. This is very uncommon for me and after all my previous treatments, the full local effects were usually there after about a week and would have started wearing off by now. But this time they‘re not. My diaphragm is continuing to weaken, breathing is getting harder and harder and my eyebrows and forehead are still descending and getting more difficult to raise. My brows have dropped down lower than ever before.

I‘m wondering if the doc accidentally overdosed me or if it‘s nerve damage or both. I also have pain and burning at the injection site sometimes which I never had before. This is definitely not normal.

• So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: ProAcktiv, Deleted member 1476, quakociaptockh and 2 others
BRUTAL

• +1
Reactions: quakociaptockh
damn thats sucks. i wish you a swift recovery. try taking antibiotics for the infection

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal, Deleted member 4464, Deleted member 7776 and 2 others
damn thats sucks. i wish you a swift recovery. try taking antibiotics for the infection
I have no infection. Antibiotics are a no-go for iatrogenic botulism because they potentiate the toxin‘s effects

LITERALLY GO TO THE ER U IDIOT

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: hairyballscel, oatmeal and Deleted member 4464
LITERALLY GO TO THE ER U IDIOT
They can‘t help me ffs. Don‘t you think I already went? There‘s nothing medics can do except put you on a ventilator and monitor your vitals in case of full respiratory failure. They don‘t know shit about iatrogenic botulism

Brutal. Doesn't sound like botox is worth the risks

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
They can‘t help me ffs. Don‘t you think I already went? There‘s nothing medics can do except put you on a ventilator and monitor your vitals in case of full respiratory failure. They don‘t know shit about iatrogenic botulism
cant you get injected with something and get it disolved, fillers can disolve

Brutal. Doesn't sound like botox is worth the risks
It absolutely isn‘t. I‘m glad if sharing my experience here can at least prevent others from hurting themselves

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal and ReverseNorwoodPill
cant you get injected with something and get it disolved, fillers can disolve
No, botox is irreversible. The toxin can only be neutralized as long as it‘s still circulating in the blood. Once inside of the nerve endings, it‘s over

just eat more fruit and drink milk before bed bro, and don't forget the aspirine and collagen

just eat more fruit and drink milk before bed bro, and don't forget the aspirine and collagen
I‘m not sure whether you‘re trolling or just a Raypeat diet fanatic. Either way, glycine and fruits unfortunately make me worse because of the toxin. It messes with cellular calcium and sodium exchange

• +1
Reactions: ReverseNorwoodPill
Risk =/= Rewards

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Risk > Rewards
Yes. I was completely fine for 1 1/2 years and had no complications at all from several treatments but the last one fucked me up within minutes. You never know if or when you get problems, regardless of how long you‘ve been getting botox for uneventfully

Yes. I was completely fine for 1 1/2 years and had no complications at all from several treatments but the last one fucked me up within minutes. You never know if or when you get problems, regardless of how long you‘ve been getting botox for uneventfully
such is life

Holy shit.
I got this thing (botox to lower eyebrows) done- in Mid November, and again 2 weeks ago.

I didn't know this could happen. Wtf?

Is your injector inexperienced or something?

Really sorry to hear this btw. I hope you'll be okay once it wears off.

Last edited: