Am I actually bad looking or am I just body dysmorphic...

Ah okay. The study said that minoxidil inhibits Lysyl hydroxylase which is vital for collagen production so I was assuming that was what you were going for.
Np. AFAIK minoxidil is a potassium channel opener and my best guess is that it interferes with the redox process involved with Collagen synthesis. Vitamin C is a reducing agent in the CS process but minoxidil is preventing Vitamin C from being a reducing agent somehow.

Np. AFAIK minoxidil is a potassium channel opener and my best guess is that it interferes with the redox process involved with Collagen synthesis. Vitamin C is a reducing agent in the CS process but minoxidil is preventing Vitamin C from being a reducing agent somehow.
Makes sense.

At this point I'm convinced something else is inhibiting my collagen production. I'm going to look at all my supplements and see what could be causing it.

Makes sense.

At this point I'm convinced something else is inhibiting my collagen production. I'm going to look at all my supplements and see what could be causing it.
No need to look at supplements. It was the minoxidil that stopped your collagen synthesis. I'm just trying to find out why.

No need to look at supplements. It was the minoxidil that stopped your collagen synthesis. I'm just trying to find out why.
Aight. And I just looked up that Minoxidil has a half life of like 12 hours so its definitely out of my system by now. Meaning that whatever affect it had on my skin is likely permanent :feelsrope:

I've heard that HGH stimulates collagen, is that true?

you look like a goblin tbh

That shit made my face darker than the rest of my body. At least it god rid of my fungal infection but still....

Yeah. In dark skinned people low collagen is seen as a darker skin tone. That's why indians get even darker as they age. That's definitely low collagen right there, let me know how it looks after a couple of days.

Aight. And I just looked up that Minoxidil has a half life of like 12 hours so its definitely out of my system by now. Meaning that whatever affect it had on my skin is likely permanent :feelsrope:

I've heard that HGH stimulates collagen, is that true?
No HGH doesn't play a part in collagen synthesis. Collagen synthesis works where Vitamin C is a reducing agent for iron. Vitamin C acts as an electron donor and reduces Ferric (Fe3+) to Ferrous (Fe2+). It seems minoxidil doesn't mess with that process but inhibits collagen formation at a DNA level by interfering with transcription factors as a result of the lysyl hydroxylase inhibition.

Yeah. In dark skinned people low collagen is seen as a darker skin tone. That's why indians get even darker as they age. That's definitely low collagen right there, let me know how it looks after a couple of days.
I had the same problem before starting minoxidil.

No HGH doesn't play a part in collagen synthesis. Collagen synthesis works where Vitamin C is a reducing agent for iron. Vitamin C acts as an electron donor and reduces Ferric (Fe3+) to Ferrous (Fe2+). It seems minoxidil doesn't mess with that process but inhibits collagen formation at a DNA level by interfering with transcription factors as a result of the lysyl hydroxylase inhibition.
Interesting. So is there anything I can do besides collagenmaxxing as hard as possible? This shits been on my mind all day, ngl

Interesting. So is there anything I can do besides collagenmaxxing as hard as possible? This shits been on my mind all day, ngl
Try find the root cause of why minoxidil interfered with your collagen, stop taking minoxidil, and look into Inwardly Rectifying ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channel Openers, that's what minoxidil is. Maybe you could try taking lots of Vitamin C after you've discontinued the minoxidil and then you'd know whether the electron donor from the Vitamin C was getting pushed into the potassium channel, but that doesn't seem likely. The minoxidil likely reduced fibroblast activity and inhibited lysyl hydroxylase which catalyzes a crucial reaction in collagen biosynthesis. As I said, the effects won't be permanent. You probably just need to start supplementing with Vitamin C and Glycine and stop taking the minoxidil.

Try find the root cause of why minoxidil interfered with your collagen, stop taking minoxidil, and look into Inwardly Rectifying ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channel Openers, that's what minoxidil is. Maybe you could try taking lots of Vitamin C after you've discontinued the minoxidil and then you'd know whether the electron donor from the Vitamin C was getting pushed into the potassium channel, but that doesn't seem likely. The minoxidil likely reduced fibroblast activity and inhibited lysyl hydroxylase which catalyzes a crucial reaction in collagen biosynthesis. As I said, the effects won't be permanent. You probably just need to start supplementing with Vitamin C and Glycine and stop taking the minoxidil.
Okay. I haven’t taken minoxidl in almost 2 months. I have been supplementing vitamin C. I’ll just give it time.

• +1
Reactions: x30001
Hey man, I'm back. This collagen shit is really getting to me, it's driving me insane. I literally get no female attention unless I dermaroll and that only lasts a day. My "default" collagen levels are shite and I haven't even used Minoxidil in almost 2 MONTHS.

NO change in my skin. At all. I had a slight boost after I quit minoxidil for about a week and since then it just looks like I'm on Minoxidil again. You said Minoxidil interferes with collagen at a DNA level, does that mean the collagen effects are permanent? It truly is driving me insane. I'm doing every collagen cope there is and yet my skin has gotten so bad people can barely look at me.

I desperately need help with my collagen levels, if it's permanent there's absolutely no way I will get anywhere in life. Sorry for the big rant, my main question is why you think my collagen levels are still low despite the minoxidil being 100% out of my system. I'm supplementing Vit C and even Iron since my doctor says I was deficient. Do you have ANY idea what gives?

Hey man, I'm back. This collagen shit is really getting to me, it's driving me insane. I literally get no female attention unless I dermaroll and that only lasts a day. My "default" collagen levels are shite and I haven't even used Minoxidil in almost 2 MONTHS.

NO change in my skin. At all. I had a slight boost after I quit minoxidil for about a week and since then it just looks like I'm on Minoxidil again. You said Minoxidil interferes with collagen at a DNA level, does that mean the collagen effects are permanent? It truly is driving me insane. I'm doing every collagen cope there is and yet my skin has gotten so bad people can barely look at me.

I desperately need help with my collagen levels, if it's permanent there's absolutely no way I will get anywhere in life. Sorry for the big rant, my main question is why you think my collagen levels are still low despite the minoxidil being 100% out of my system. I'm supplementing Vit C and even Iron since my doctor says I was deficient. Do you have ANY idea what gives?
There could be tons of factors as to why your skin isn't literally perfect. You need time and routine/habits to improve your skin health. Supplementing with Vitamin C and Iron isn't needed if you get them back to normal levels. Check in with your doctor in a few weeks and get your ferretin levels checked. Ask the doctor to do a swab test to check whether you've problems with MTHFR. If you've been taking too much MSM or SAM-e you might have introduced too many unwanted methyl groups into your body and lost the ability to methylate folic acid (vitamin b9) and cobalamin (vitamin b12). You'll know if you have problems with MTHFR if your homocysteine levels are very high. People taking MSM or SAM-e daily need to stop.

There could be tons of factors as to why your skin isn't literally perfect. You need time and routine/habits to improve your skin health. Supplementing with Vitamin C and Iron isn't needed if you get them back to normal levels. Check in with your doctor in a few weeks and get your ferretin levels checked. Ask the doctor to do a swab test to check whether you've problems with MTHFR. If you've been taking too much MSM or SAM-e you might have introduced too many unwanted methyl groups into your body and lost the ability to methylate folic acid (vitamin b9) and cobalamin (vitamin b12). You'll know if you have problems with MTHFR if your homocysteine levels are very high. People taking MSM or SAM-e daily need to stop.
You’re right. I need to give it more time. I’ve never taken MSM or SAM-e. I’ll give it a few more weeks and if my collagen levels are still low then I’ll talk to a doctor about it.

You’re right. I need to give it more time. I’ve never taken MSM or SAM-e. I’ll give it a few more weeks and if my collagen levels are still low then I’ll talk to a doctor about it.
Yeah it just needs time

Seen your pics before. I don't think you're actually ugly but you kinda give a beta vibe, probably due to your narrow jaw and frame. Your eyes are also not ideal. Combined with the fact you're a loner I'm not surprised that you struggle with foids.

skin quality is poor as you already know but you aren't bad looking

My skin quality is also shit. Let's hope retin-a can save us.