Are bone grafts neccesary for wisdom teeth removal?

CalulArgintiu59

CalulArgintiu59

Bronze
As the title says, I want to know wheather I should get bone grafts or not?Is it true that u lose bone or the loss is unnoticeable?I have to remove wisdom teeth and I also want to try and get implants in the next 5-10years!Btw how can I convince the surgeon to give me bone grafts as he told me wisdom teeth removal won't change anything?

It doesn't change anything, bone will fill that hole. Ur not extracting a molar and the retracting ur aveolar with braces, which is when it actually causes bone loss.

It doesn't change anything, bone will fill that hole. Ur not extracting a molar and the retracting ur aveolar with braces, which is when it actually causes bone loss.
Will braces at 18 retract the maxilla if you don’t have elastics and extractions? What should I do whilst having them ?

So the hole with fill with real bone and I won't need bone grafts?For exemple my mom had 2 wisdom teeth removed and she said she can still feel some kind of hole after 10+years

So the hole with fill with real bone and I won't need bone grafts?For exemple my mom had 2 wisdom teeth removed and she said she can still feel some kind of hole after 10+years
You won't need grafts bro. And no way there is a hole in your moms mouth, otherwise she would have died of an dental infection long ago.

Will braces at 18 retract the maxilla if you don’t have elastics and extractions? What should I do whilst having them ?
No. And you should mew.

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
You won't need grafts bro. And no way there is a hole in your moms mouth, otherwise she would have died of an dental infection long ago.
Jfl she doesn't have a hole, maybe I didn't made myself clear, she feels the scar like some sort of a hole, the tissue around there healed completely, but never as before

Jfl she doesn't have a hole, maybe I didn't made myself clear, she feels the scar like some sort of a hole, the tissue around there healed completely, but never as before
"never as before", no shit her wisdom teeth is gone

quit being a dumbass and remove that shit

"never as before", no shit her wisdom teeth is gone

quit being a dumbass and remove that shit
It's normal that I am being paranoic abt removing teeth because mine haven't erupted and it's like fucking half of the forum say bone grafts after wisdom teeth removal and other half say no bone grafts!