Are there any down sides to hoping on minoxidil even though, I currently have no hair issue and am 18?

C

chrisN

Turbomanlet Enjoyer
What are the side effects of it?
Will it affect my hormonal profile?
Affect on collagen?
Is it worth it?

• +1
Reactions: Jigen
specify whether you mean oral or topical.

specify whether you mean oral or topical.
either whichever would be advised, my theory is to take it for a while before trying topical dht

either whichever would be advised, my theory is to take it for a while before trying topical dht
makes existing hair thicker and activates some dormant hair follicles.
it will go systemic to some extend if you use it long enough, but at most you'll notice some additional hair growth in weird areas from it, i.e eyelashes.
Affect on collagen?
it's diluted in alcohol which is terrible for your skin, which means that if you're not careful and let it spill on your forehead for example it can have a negative impact, or through sweating.
Is it worth it?
if you have thin hair or are balding.

also note that because it's diluted in alcohol it tends to make your hair look dry similar to if you were to use a salt-water spray.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863
use it alongside tretinoin on ur face to neutralize collagen loss

• Hmm...
Reactions: Jigen
makes existing hair thicker and activates some dormant hair follicles.

it will go systemic to some extend if you use it long enough, but at most you'll notice some additional hair growth in weird areas from it, i.e eyelashes.

it's diluted in alcohol which is terrible for your skin, which means that if you're not careful and let it spill on your forehead for example it can have a negative impact, or through sweating.

if you have thin hair or are balding.

also note that because it's diluted in alcohol it tends to make your hair look dry similar to if you were to use a salt-water spray.
Oral intake would solve the collagen issue right?

Affect on collagen?
Is it worth it?
Reckless Minoxidil usage is known to give patients a disease called Pseudoacromegaly...

Images   2023 03 19T190940307

So unless you want to look like THIS, you better be careful.

Oral intake would solve the collagen issue right?
yes but it's guaranteed to go systemic if you use it orally, which has harsher sides like low-blood pressure and an irregular heartbeat.

but some people tolerate it well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863
Reckless Minoxidil usage is known to give patients a disease called Pseudoacromegaly...

View attachment 2117129

So unless you want to look like THIS, you better be careful.
Thought minoxidil was used to lower blood pressure and hair growth was a side effect didnt realise it causes uncontrolled hair growth.
Also I dont plan on taking a excessive amounts

Affect on collagen?
Is it worth it?
It stimulates hair growth and thickness but makes your hair dependant on it. There's no point to use until you see some thinning. Rosemary oils or any natural oil will be more effective.

• Hmm...
Reactions: chrisN
I'll discuss topical Minoxidil; oral Minoxidil is not as safe (although some suggest it's stronger).

What are the side effects of it? Effect on collagen?
Clinically and scientifically speaking, close to none: heart palpitations may be a rare side effect, thus it's not the best for people with pre-existing heart health issues. Other than that, a common side effect is irritation and/or dandruff on the application site.

Some people online suggest minoxidil may make your face's skin appear worse - but this has no scientific basis whatsoever. It should be noted, though, that Minoxidil is applied within an alcoholic solution, and that may dry out the skin of your face if you are applying it on your beard and/or eyerbrows. This alcohol content may dry out the skin and make wrinkles appear more prominent.

A few studies suggest it may have a very mild anti-androgenic effect, although this is most likely only on the application site, and there are no reported sexual side effects from minoxidil. Additionally, Minoxidil is notorious for being insufficient to halt Male Pattern Baldness on individuals who are severely affected by it, thus it's logical to conclude whatever hormonal effect Minoxidil has must be quite weak.

Is it worth it?
If you want to grow thicker hair in a few specific areas, sure.
There is an initial shed, which will reappear if you stop using minoxidil for a prolonged period of time, bringing you back to baseline.

• +1
Thought minoxidil was used to lower blood pressure and hair growth was a side effect didnt realise it causes uncontrolled hair growth.
Also I dont plan on taking a excessive amounts
Why do you want to use it if you aren't even balding? I'm also not, the couple times I used were to thicken my eyebrows... It worked and I stopped, maybe I'll try again in a near future.

In my case I needed to wait 3 months after stopping to see significant results... Used for a couple months then stopped for good, didn't lose any of the gains tho, good stuff.

Why do you want to use it if you aren't even balding? I'm also not, the couple times I used were to thicken my eyebrows... It worked and I stopped, maybe I'll try again in a near future.

In my case I needed to wait 3 months after stopping to see significant results... Used for a couple months then stopped for good, didn't lose any of the gains tho, good stuff.
I want to take in preparation for topical use of DHT to counteract the potential hair loss it may cause + for eyebrow growth

I'll discuss topical Minoxidil; oral Minoxidil is not as safe (although some suggest it's stronger).

Clinically and scientifically speaking, close to none: heart palpitations may be a rare side effect, thus it's not the best for people with pre-existing heart health issues. Other than that, a common side effect is irritation and/or dandruff on the application site.

Some people online suggest minoxidil may make your face's skin appear worse - but this has no scientific basis whatsoever. It should be noted, though, that Minoxidil is applied within an alcoholic solution, and that may dry out the skin of your face if you are applying it on your beard and/or eyerbrows. This alcohol content may dry out the skin and make wrinkles appear more prominent.

A few studies suggest it may have a very mild anti-androgenic effect, although this is most likely only on the application site, and there are no reported sexual side effects from minoxidil. Additionally, Minoxidil is notorious for being insufficient to halt Male Pattern Baldness on individuals who are severely affected by it, thus it's logical to conclude whatever hormonal effect Minoxidil has must be quite weak.

If you want to grow thicker hair in a few specific areas, sure.
There is an initial shed, which will reappear if you stop using minoxidil for a prolonged period of time, bringing you back to baseline.
WIll your collagen production and skin return to normal once you stop applying it topically, it isnt a permanant affect on your skin is it?

I want to take in preparation for topical use of DHT to counteract the potential hair loss it may cause + for eyebrow growth
It isn't the DHT that causes hair loss, it's the receptors (their density and how they react to DHT)... My DHT seems high af but I barely got any beard.

yes but it's guaranteed to go systemic if you use it orally, which has harsher sides like low-blood pressure and an irregular heartbeat.

but some people tolerate it well.
low dosage to solve these potential potential health issues, or will it have no affect by then?

It isn't the DHT that causes hair loss, it's the receptors (their density and how they react to DHT)... My DHT seems high af but I barely got any beard.
From what I know its due to the conversion of test to DHT, now while I dont think a low conc topical use of DHT will have a major affect on my hairline, my intention is to take DHT whilst minimising side affects and reaping the benefits

From what I know its due to the conversion of test to DHT, now while I dont think a low conc topical use of DHT will have a major affect on my hairline, my intention is to take DHT whilst minimising side affects and reaping the benefits
Oh, i see... Didn't read that much on DHT so I think another user can help you better...

Would do it but I'm sick and bedridden right now
Sorry and good luck 😓

• +1