At what age do palate expanders stop working?

D

Deleted member 49130

Gold
Would palate expanders still work at the age of 17 or 18?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32485
Usually at around age 12, unless you have the sutures split, like with SARPE.

• +1
Reactions: hardestmfintheroom and Deleted member 32485
SARPE looks to be about £3k i could do actually afford to do that.
just keep in mind you're only expanding the alveolar bone with SARPE, whereas MSE will expand the whole maxilla (though it still mostly expands the alveolar).

just keep in mind you're only expanding the alveolar bone with SARPE, whereas MSE will expand the whole maxilla (though it still mostly expands the alveolar).
Is this MSE?
How bad would my jaw need to be to justify this/whats the potential gain from it?

Is this MSE?
How bad would my jaw need to be to justify this/whats the potential gain from it?
View attachment 2643236
MSE is when they put screws in your alveolar bone. Neither MSE or SARPE are really aesthetic procedures unless you have a giga narrow palate, as in, deformed tier. They will help your smile, MSE might widen your midface, and they'll widen your airways. If you get a significant expansion you'll also have to get SFOT or some other procedure to widen your lower arch so you don't have malocclusion.

• +1
Reactions: dsheppa
the before/after pics are of teeth and not jawline development
Palate expansion won't do anything to your jawline, it impacts your maxilla, not your mandible.

MSE is when they put screws in your alveolar bone. Neither MSE or SARPE are really aesthetic procedures unless you have a giga narrow palate, as in, deformed tier. They will help your smile, MSE might widen your midface, and they'll widen your airways. If you get a significant expansion you'll also have to get SFOT or some other procedure to widen your lower arch so you don't have malocclusion.
I dont think my palate is that narrowed, but my face shape is oval and it would look alot better if my jawline was more wide
Palate expansion won't do anything to your jawline, it impacts your maxilla, not your mandible.
oh, that would still be usefull i dont have much forward development