Aware me on diet

W

wristcel

Kraken
What's the consensus on the best diet? I'm looking to lose fat, primarily.

Is it simply calories in vs calories out? (and it doesn't matter where them calories come from)

Or is it about only eating keto friendly food and keep carbs as close to zero as possible?

I've been slightly 'skinny fat' for AGES and I feel that I try so hard to get lean and sometimes spend months only eating keto (except on Saturday nights where I drink a good few beers which maybe ruins everything?) but I never seem lose fat.

Or I read something that tells me it doesn't matter what I eat and that it's all about carlories (like the 1500isenough reddit sub), so I eat like 1200-1500 calories or so per day in order to lose weight (again, I still tend to alcohol binge on a Sat night) but my weight or how I look just never seems to change!!

I also lift weights 4 nights per week for 40 mins or so and do occasional cardio.

Think maybe I need to just inject? (it burns fat and makes putting muscle on easier, right?) due to shit genetics?

I get that the fact I drink a good few beers on a Saturday nights doesn't help (might make my calories for the week too high, or throws me out of ketosis when i'm low carbing), but it's the only enjoyment I get out of life really, and don't wanna stop it. It's also how I get laid from time to time!!

Plus lots of ripped dudes are out every weekend pounding beers!!

Other thing i'm thinking about is just going absolutely ham on cardio, running every night for an hour or so like Forrest Gump - Sticking to my 1500 calories (apparently that's about as low as you wanna go as a guy. 1200 for girls)

What's the solution? I feel that eating only 1500 calories 6 days per week eating clean, I should be able to have some beers on Saturdays (and maybe a late night kebab or something) and still slowly lose fat! I don't understand why I don't, baiscally

Last edited:
Is it simply calories in vs calories out? (and it doesn't matter where them calories come from)
Yes
Or is it about only eating keto friendly food and keep carbs as close to zero as possible
Keto isn't necessary, for some people it will make you feel like shit indefinitely. Just eat clean foods (ex: for protein eat lean meats, wild fish, organ meats if you like, fat free dairy, eggs, for carbs eat things like boiled/baked potatoes, oats, veggies, fruits etc). I personally stay away from all added sugar (table sugar, syrup, honey is all garbage) and all oils cuz they're trash and add unnecessary calories

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74 and jefferson
Yes

Keto isn't necessary, for some people it will make you feel like shit indefinitely. Just eat clean foods (ex: for protein eat lean meats, wild fish, organ meats if you like, fat free dairy, eggs, for carbs eat things like boiled/baked potatoes, oats, veggies, fruits etc). I personally stay away from all added sugar (table sugar, syrup, honey is all garbage) and all oils cuz they're trash and add unnecessary calories
Thing is, with the exception of Saturday (mainly Saturday evening where I drink lots of beer and maybe have 1 bad meal like a burger) I eat clean (salmon, veg, grilled chicken, etc), and eat no more than 1500 calories. I feel like I should be in decent shape but I just can't shift the fat!

I'm legit confused

Last edited:
>Other thing i'm thinking about is just going absolutely ham on cardio, running every night for an hour or so like Forrest Gump - Sticking to my 1500 calories (apparently that's about as low as you wanna go as a guy. 1200 for girls)

good idea, if you keep the calories the same and do this you'll see results

are you weighing yourself regularly? if you're consuming 1500 then slightly more on a Saturday you should be dropping weight, unless you're a turbomanlet

Thing is, with the exception of Saturday (mainly Saturday evening where I drink lots of beer and maybe have 1 bad meal like a burger) I eat clean (salmon, veg, grilled chicken, etc), and eat no more than 1500 calories. I feel like I should be in decent shape but I just can't shift the fat!

I'm legit confused
Check your hormone levels
Check if your food has hidden calories and if you're counting right
How much do you weigh and generally how strong are you in the gym?

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers and jefferson
For general body weight it's all about calories in/out as been said. However where those calories come from may obviously effect how that fat/muscle ratio in which this body weight is distributed. So will exercise.

If you're on 1500 calories per day you shouldn't be fat. But increasing your muscle mass would also increase your metabolism and natural calorie expenditure. So basically if you already have a lot of muscle built up you will burn those 1500 calories off and a lot more each day with ease.

• +1
Reactions: jefferson
stop eating plants

• Hmm...
Reactions: jefferson
Get your testosterone and thyroid levels checked and take @CupOfCoffee's advice

• +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee
Don't listen to this bullshit OP.

100% sugar with no nutritional value. "Healthy" my ass
Eating plants is cope, raw honey is decent if you need little bit of pre workout carbs imo.

• +1
Reactions: Tony
100% sugar with no nutritional value. "Healthy" my ass
its about how good you digest the food you eating you fucktard. raw honey has bacteria which is predigested carb which is way better than oats or some shit like that which is not digested at all.

its about how good you digest the food you eating you fucktard. raw honey has bacteria which is predigested carb which is way better than oats or some shit like that which is not digested at all.
Didn't read honey is a looksmin