Basic Skincare Guide for Beginners

n9wiff

n9wiff

6ft in Asia
 INTRODUCTION
FOR BEGINNERS, VERY FUNDAMENTAL

The quality of your skin plays a big role in your attractiveness and also how you are perceived by others on a daily basis. Skin that is clear, healthy and aesthetic may make the difference between you looking like an incel alien to looking like a normal human being.
Acnebeforeafter copy
E420ec657ddb5cc17be3f002c90e536a

IDENTIFY YOUR PROBLEM

You have to first understand your goal, what you want to achieve. Skin has a very high variability from individual to individual. The first step to identifying what you need is identifying your skin type.

HeroImage SkinTypes

DRY-SKIN

if you feel as if though your skin is not oily or greasy throughout the day, and your skin is flaky and has a rough surface when you graze you fingers on your skin, you may have the dry skin type. The dry skin type is especially common during colder seasons or in colder countries.

OILY-SKIN

Oily skin is skin that produces alot of oil throughout the day. If you have this skin type you likely often have a very shiny or greasy face which is extremely unappealing and will make you look unhygienic. This effect also becomes prevalent as soon as you start to sweat.

NORMAL-SKIN

Skin thatbdoesnt really have much issues. You've used the same soap you've used to scrub your ass and you face looks completely fine, lucky you.

COMBINATION-SKIN

This skin type involves multiple skintypes. Some parts of your face maybe very dry and tight while other parts of your face may have alot of grease and "bumps".

BASIC ROUTINE

○You first want to start with cleansing your face. The amount of times you need to cleanse depends solely on you as skin is very unique. If you live in a tropical country and sweat the moment you step outside, you may benefit from cleansing 3 times a day, the opposite is true for those in colder climates.

I suggest starting off with a normal facial cleanser from a reputable brand. Personally I'd recommend CeraVe, Cetaphil, La roche posay and Hada Labo. The most reputable cleanser here would be the ones from CeraVe. I suggest buying a cleanser from CeraVe according to your skin type. ( Make sure cleanser is paraben free as parabens reduce your testosterone)

To find out how to cleanse your face, look up a tutorial or read the instructions provided with the product as different types of cleansers may vary. Always make sure to be very soft on your skin as pulling and rubbing it hard will likely damage your skin. Soft, circular gentle motions.

○Now with your face cleansed, pat it near dry with a clean towel. Not the towel you use for your body but a separate towel just for your face as it prevents germs from getting onto your face. Make sure to pat instead of rubbing your face dry as the friction can damage skin. Patting it near dry is important because you want to leave in some moisture for the next step.

○You will now apply a moisturiser on your face. After cleansing your face, your skin is stripped of its natural oils. Your body will then try to respond by producing more oils to counteract the cleanse. A good moisturiser will stop this from happening. For those with dry skin, use normal moisturisers that do not clog pores. I suggest getting moisturisers from CeraVe or Cetaphil. Again choose what's right for your skin type. For example, if you have the oily skin type that is often bumpy and clogged, get the Salicylic Lotion from CeraVe. Make sure your hands are clean and spread a fair amount throughout your face. Rub the excess on your neck and body because why not.

○The final part of this very basic routine is sunscreen. You need to protect yourself from sundamage. Don't be the guy who's face is a different color from their body, shit looks weird. If you are dark skinned ( South Asian, African and so on ) make sure to look for sunscreens that suit your skintypes as many sunscreens often add this whitish tint of color that on dark skin will make uiu look like your doing white-face. There are sunscreen made for specifically dark skin that you should use like this one from Neutrogena. Choosing a good sunscreen with a nice tint may help with coloring for some people and reduce visibility of pores

WHAT NEXT?

After you nail this simple, easy routine down consistently and notice improvements, you should be familiar with your skintype, your problems and what you could further improve. From here is where I would recommend adding more advanced steps to your skincare based on these further goals such as skin whitening, texture, anti aging, management of facial hair and so forth.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: One Rep Max, Greycel Slayer, Maalik and 3 others
having bones and being brown

• +1
Reactions: Fiqh
Dnr you calling us beginners you damn cuck?!

• JFL
Reactions: kebab, Whitepill_Saint, zura and 1 other person
Should/ Could i Use serum instead of sunscreen?

tl;dr: Accutane or death

You should always use a sunscreen. A serum is completely different from a sunscreen in the sense that is tackles a specific problem. If you want to use something like vitamin c serum, you would apply the serum on your skin first, then your sunscreen.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465
Sunscreens are also typically water resistant and thick so it's always the last thing to put on your face. If you use it earlier, other products may not be "absorbed" by your skin well.

tldr
- cleanser (you can use shampoo, shower gel or whatever, not bar soap tho)
- medication if you have acne - tret, adalapene, tritaforene blah blah any retinoids
- moistruizer (the cheapest shit is fine ded srs)
- sunscreen
IMPORTANT NOTE: dont rely only on sunscreen. In order to prevent hyperpigmentation you need to wear sun protective clothing, stay in shade, dont go out when sun blasts very much and use generous amount of sunscreen (half a teaspoon for face) and reapply the same amount every 2 hours.

REMEMBER SNOW CAN REFLECT SUN RAYS, USE SUNSCREEN THE WHOLE YEAR

Pretty basic guide but it's okay
The issue with skin is that there's a lot of shit that might or might not work for you. You have to test things but this takes money and time (bc results are far from instant). To top it off you can damage your skin by trying new products, so even if you stop if still have to invest time into repairing it, etc...

My skin is garbage and let me tell you it's the most soul crushing depressing stuff. It's a time-sink, money-sink and sometimes it freaks out at random.

Pretty basic guide but it's okay
The issue with skin is that there's a lot of shit that might or might not work for you. You have to test things but this takes money and time (bc results are far from instant). To top it off you can damage your skin by trying new products, so even if you stop if still have to invest time into repairing it, etc...

My skin is garbage and let me tell you it's the most soul crushing depressing stuff. It's a time-sink, money-sink and sometimes it freaks out at random.
Pretty much why I left out toners, serums, retinols and etc. Those are usually the most expensive and are almost always a hit or miss in terms of results. They also seem to cause the most damage to skin barriers.

• +1
Reactions: Matheus
Pretty much why I left out toners, serums, retinols and etc. Those are usually the most expensive and are almost always a hit or miss in terms of results. They also seem to cause the most damage to skin barriers.
Yeah but they're also the things that can make the most difference for specific skin concerns. That being said most of them are cope except for tret

Yeah but they're also the things that can make the most difference for specific skin concerns. That being said most of them are cope except for tret
Most of them are cope unless you look for a no bs serum/solutions with a good concentration of the active ingredient. Most brands just put in little amounts of whatever and will say "With salicylic acid, niacinamide, vitamin E and hylauranic acid" and the product ends up having the same effectiveness as soap water lol

No tonic? No retinol? No tret? Wtf is this shit

DNR never had subhuman acne just wash your face