Braces can improve body posture and jawline (SCOLIOSIS AND ASSYMETRY CELS GTFIN)

lizardposting

lizardposting

Iron
I have been doing some research on this topic and there's a really smart guy named Neal Hallinan

He preaches about how everything is connected together and that bad teeth can lead to spinal, pelvis pain and asymmetry.

So for example if you have weak neck muscles, that can lead to scoliosis and other bad stuff, which makes sense, if you have tilted head your entire body will tilt.

You can watch this video from him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMG3Kumb8E

I have asymmetry in my jawline, precisely the right side. Interestingly enough I didn't have the last tooth on the right side and chewed on the left side for 2 years.
I didn't have asymmetry before my tooth fucked up, now that I got it fixed and started chewing on the right side again I noticed that it got better (I will attach pictures before and after when I can).

Does anyone have to say anything to this? Personal experiences?

For people who have braces, did you notice changes other than your teeth?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry, PYT, Yerico7 and 4 others
I have been doing some research on this topic and there's a really smart guy named Neal Hallinan

He preaches about how everything is connected together and that bad teeth can lead to spinal, pelvis pain and asymmetry.

So for example if you have weak neck muscles, that can lead to scoliosis and other bad stuff, which makes sense, if you have tilted head your entire body will tilt.

I have asymmetry in my jawline, precisely the right side. Interestingly enough I didn't have the last tooth on the right side and chewed on the left side for 2 years.
I didn't have asymmetry before my tooth fucked up, now that I got it fixed and started chewing on the right side again I noticed that it got better (I will attach pictures before and after when I can).

very interesting ngl

very interesting ngl
good rabbit hole to go down for.

Life changing information if scoliosis holds you back, face asymmetry too because if you don't have enough room for tongue your face will get screwed up. I would consider this a major long-term looksmax.

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101, Yerico7, Deleted member and 2 others

Braces combined with extractions stunted my facial development but helped my occlusion. Without the extractions I reckon it would've been a lot more positive.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Skywalker and BugeyeBigNoseCurry
Braces combined with extractions stunted my facial development but helped my occlusion. Without the extractions I reckon it would've been a lot more positive.
did they give you a option to do it without the extractions?

did they give you a option to do it without the extractions?
I was too young to realise the repercussions of it so I didn't ask and they of course didn't mention it. It's very bad that they don't, it affects many people. Luckily my face recovered quite well and I look pretty decent now but many people get screwed for life, especially those who get a load of extractions. I only had 2.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
nothing can fix scoliosis after early puberty except surgery. I agree that scoliosis causes asymmetry through the whole body though. It could do something for kyphosis/lordosis-cels tho.

nothing can fix scoliosis after early puberty except surgery. I agree that scoliosis causes asymmetry through the whole body though. It could do something for kyphosis/lordosis-cels tho.
not true, at all. I don't know from what experience or information you are speaking, but if you go to a high quality rehab center they will fix 90% of it in 1/2 years.

not true, at all. I don't know from what experience or information you are speaking, but if you go to a high quality rehab center they will fix 90% of it in 1/2 years.
by 10-30 minute of exercise each day

How does one know if they got scolisiosis

Was waiting on someone to make a thread about this guy, the stuff he talks about is a goldmine

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member
uneven shoulders usually, major facial assymetry can also be an indicator
I literally have this. :feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

it’s so noticeable too, I can’t gymcel and my face legit looks retarded, 1 side is higher including eyes, nostrs, gonions, jfl at my luck

Is there any fix?

I actually have a terrible olluclusion

Pretty sure my palate isn’t on top of each other but slightly asymetric :forcedsmile:

that fucked my whole life up

I have legs of a 6’ person with a short ass torso

I acc believe scolisis stunts growth cuz my frame is top percentile but wrists and hands are small

• +1
Reactions: Sal and BoneDensity
it’s so noticeable too, I can’t gymcel and my face legit looks retarded, 1 side is higher including eyes, nostrs, gonions, jfl at my luck
Same, I developed what I think are major asymmetries and probably scoliosis by sitting in a fucked up chair over 2-3 years jfl

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member
bro scoliosis is GENETICAL. Maybe you are referring to kyphosis or smth else.
All physicians agree that you can't fix scoliosis through exercising, improving posture, braces or drugs after the curvature has reached a certain degree and your spine has fused.
For those wondering if scoliosis can be corrected with exercise, there are two important elements to the answer. The first is that as a progressive condition, scoliosis is incurable and can never be fully ‘corrected’.

F1AE6D4A A61D 44B6 81FB 36DCDAE3128B

41D8B5CF 8DBC 4D10 852A F5D451D3B88E

the laws of physics make it so that you can't correct scoliosis in adults.

Is this true about Invisalign aswell if it’s just about tooth alignment?

@lizardposting
My jaw and spine is also assymetrical cause my top set of teeth are titled instead of being a straight line across

• +1
Is this true about Invisalign aswell if it’s just about tooth alignment?

@lizardposting
My jaw and spine is also assymetrical cause my top set of teeth are titled instead of being a straight line across
I think so, it makes sense.

• +1
Reactions: PYT

this is semi water for ppl like me that have both fucked teeth and scoliosis. It only makes sense as a problem of statics really (although my jaw isnt really asymmetrical)

• +1

We’ll I’m getting braces now and two wisdom teeth removed, the remaining two will be erupted

Though I don’t think the orthos are aware of my teeth tilting Id have to tell him.

Everything in the body is connecting, I have scolioses and it subtly has made all my body out of olace

• +1