Building more housing increases the cost of housing

Crusile

Crusile

Chicowski
Reply if you don't intuitively get it i can explain and its not a trick question either

bro thinks he discovered the wheel

• JFL
Reactions: User28823, TheMaxxer333, piec and 2 others
Literally the opposite and its basic supply and demand but okay

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, med, ZoomerSpicoid415 and 6 others
Literally the opposite and its basic supply and demand but okay
same.

where i life, there hasn't been build much/enough the past years. And with population growth here (mostly due to immigration). The housing prices and rent are here going up and up alot, government even steps in with rules trying to keep prices lower.
simple supply and demand, out of wack here. and stuff gets more and more expensive. Because housing is a need and primairy, not something that can be optional/secondairy. as most people don't wanna life under a bridge or in a car/camper

same.

where i life, there hasn't been build much/enough the past years. And with population growth here (mostly due to immigration). The housing prices and rent are here going up and up alot, government even steps in with rules trying to keep prices lower.
simple supply and demand, out of wack here. and stuff gets more and more expensive. Because housing is a need and primairy, not something that can be optional/secondairy. as most people don't wanna life under a bridge or in a car/camper
Yep thats basically the US in a nutshell too. Many places have crazy high rent like NY and CA bcs they got so many weird ass rules and regulations meanwhile freer housing markets like texas arent as expensive. Just build more housing if u want it to be cheaper. Theres literally no way it doesnt work

People enjoy living under the bridge, in their car, in their tiny shitbox "house", in their camper. Theory
no its that life style inflation outpaces the supply/vacancy rate effect of lowering prices. If you build more housing, cost of housing price will increase enexchange for useless but cost effective (profit wise) amenities

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
Yep thats basically the US in a nutshell too. Many places have crazy high rent like NY and CA bcs they got so many weird ass rules and regulations meanwhile freer housing markets like texas arent as expensive. Just build more housing if u want it to be cheaper. Theres literally no way it doesnt work
Texas having prices can be explained by property taxes, lower incomes, geographical/weather differences, latinx illegals

no its that life style inflation outpaces the supply/vacancy rate effect of lowering prices. If you build more housing, cost of housing price will increase enexchange for useless but cost effective (profit wise) amenities
Direct supply changes, especially shortage. Has more price effects. I think.
Than that the factor of a growing economy (due to people secondairy ifestyle expenses maxxing), causes increase in house prices. Obviously the latter has an and some effect also. I estimate it in general, to be less than what shortage in supply for longer periods of time does cause

Only if you presuppose a capitalist framework.

But overall, more houses = higher cost of housing of housing.

But the cost of not housing people is greater.

• +1
Reactions: Crusile
Texas having prices can be explained by property taxes, lower incomes, geographical/weather differences, latinx illegals
Tell me how more housing means higher prices please. That goes against basic economics but I'd love to hear you explain it

housing price increases because the cost of building materials, government regulation, taxes, is all being driven up. they need to get rid of 90% of the regulations.

• JFL
Reactions: Crusile
housing price increases because the cost of building materials, government regulation, taxes, is all being driven up. they need to get rid of 90% of the regulations.
Lol that is not why.
Tell me how more housing means higher prices please. That goes against basic economics but I'd love to hear you explain it
I explained it ITT. Induced demand doesnt apply to housing because you can always keep adding on amenities which increases the profitability and "buyers subjective value" of builds but also, the cost of housing. Higher priced builds also makes lower prices builds comparatively more expensive

Its NOT simple as housingcels believe, places like japan and sing apoor have a lot of governement regulation to keep the rent/housing price capped.

The biggest problem with housing is that the bank needed a way for people to force incur interest so they create mortage. People should only pay for the land they are on and the taxes and than they should slowly add on to their houses. The problem isnt that we dont know a solution for this, it is because "some people" benefit from this... smh

this would only lower the quality of housing
that's fine, we need a live a lower quality downsized lifestyle in america, this is the only way we can recover from all the debt, spending, and printing we're doing right now. 90% of cities are vapid and useless, we don't need megastructures and apartment blocs filled with niggers watching spotsball and netflix. we need little stone or wood cottages in the forest. and we need a civil war to get of excess valueless parasites like leftists and jews

• JFL
Reactions: thereallegend
that's fine, we need a live a lower quality downsized lifestyle in america, this is the only way we can recover from all the debt, spending, and printing we're doing right now. 90% of cities are vapid and useless, we don't need megastructures and apartment blocs filled with niggers watching spotsball and netflix. we need little stone or wood cottages in the forest. and we need a civil war to get of excess valueless parasites like leftists and jews
good luck campaigning on that

They need to get rid of their perpetual debt fueled central banking system and mass 3rd world immigration that pushed up the demand.

Lol that is not why.

I explained it ITT. Induced demand doesnt apply to housing because you can always keep adding on amenities which increases the profitability and "buyers subjective value" of builds but also, the cost of housing. Higher priced builds also makes lower prices builds comparatively more expensive

Its NOT simple as housingcels believe, places like japan and sing apoor have a lot of governement regulation to keep the rent/housing price capped.
yes so if there is a demand for more lower cost housing and more lower cost housing gets built then how does that not lower the price of them? if there are 10 identical five-floor apartment buildings and 10 more then get built, then how will it not get cheaper? let alone 100, 1000 or 10000 more identical buildings. there are only so many people that wanna live in areas and in general. it has to get cheaper