Can finasteride worsen your hairline?

A

Account717

Silver
I've heard that diffuse thinning is caused by DHT, whereas hairline/temple recession is caused by T. So, if finasteride causes less T to convert to DHT, then more free T will cause a worse hairline... Is that true?

• JFL
Reactions: FinasteridePoison and Deleted member 27472
better to have a worse hairline than to become a baldcel

• JFL
Reactions: FinasteridePoison
No its just fake anecdotes, fin causes shed which does regrow over time, give it a year before you see results

• JFL
Recession is also caused by DHT.
Everything is caused by DHT.

I never heard that T caused recession

• +1
Reactions: Account717
Recession is also caused by DHT.
Everything is caused by DHT.

I never heard that T caused recession
dht and T can both cause hairloss but DHT is more often the cause

thats why people on dut, where dht is almost completely gone, can still go bald

u need ru as adition in this case

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FinasteridePoison and Account717
dht and T can both cause hairloss but DHT is more often the cause

thats why people on dut, where dht is almost completely gone, can still go bald

u need ru as adition in this case
I heard that dut cannot completely prevent DHT appearance.
Some people have follicle that are very very sensitive to DHT with very thick scalp skin. Then a little DHT is enough to cause hairloss.
And it also could explain why dut doesn't work for everyone

Androgens cause balding not just Test or DHT alone, DHT's effect is a lot higher. Finasteride can't make your hairline worse(maybe in the short run because of shedding), your hairline was going to worsen even more if you weren't on finasteride(that is if it even gets worse when you are on finasteride). The reason some people get bald even while nuking their DHT with dutasteride is because they still have Test on their scalp and for some people that is enough to lose hair because their hair is too sensitive to androgens.

No its just fake anecdotes, fin causes shed which does regrow over time, give it a year before you see results
I mean ive just heard of horror stories of people with NW1.5, just thinning in temples, take fin, experience massive shed, get told by everyone "itll grow back in a month bro.. a 3 months bro... a year bro... " and its permanently worse basically

• JFL
Androgens cause balding not just Test or DHT alone, DHT's effect is a lot higher. Finasteride can't make your hairline worse(maybe in the short run because of shedding), your hairline was going to worsen even more if you weren't on finasteride(that is if it even gets worse when you are on finasteride). The reason some people get bald even while nuking their DHT with dutasteride is because they still have Test on their scalp and for some people that is enough to lose hair because their hair is too sensitive to androgens.
But is it true that some areas are more sensitive to Test than DHT? As in nuking DHT = increasing scalp Test, causing hair loss in that particular area? Just a theory.