Carbs do not cause bloating

appealmaxed

appealmaxed

do something good for the community
I have heard many people say that carbs don’t bloat them and they look the same before and after eating carbs.
or
people that have a cheat day and still look the same after.

When most people say they’re bloated, most common responses are high bf, too high sodium, too many carbs, too much/too little water (depending on where u stand on that)

when carbs are are digested, they are converted to glucose (sugar) and stored INSIDE THE MUSCLE. Glucose binds to water but since the glucose isn’t in the fat cells, but into the muscle cells, the water will be pulled into the muscle also, which may cause you to look leaner, since larger muscles will pull the skin more.

Glucose sores in the muscle are used for energy by the muscles and start to deplete after 3-4 hours. This mean you can consume carbs every 3-4hours to replenish the stores without bloat, provided it’s not a very high amount in a short period.

If muscles are saturated, they’ll be unable to retain more glucose and it cannot be stored in the muscle. This is when it may cause bloating, since it’s binding to water molecules outside of the muscle.

Eating too many carbs at once will also cause you to retain water.
1) because your muscle can’t absorb it all in such a small period of time
2) Insulin spike may cause you to retain high amounts of water and sodium

If people eat a normal amount of carbs during a meal and are bloated, it’s most likely due to there being too much sodium in the meal, Or their Na:K ratio is off, high insulin due to other factors, water consumption.

other thread on this:

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: RTLBbc, Mezo103, It'snotover and 2 others
I have heard many people say that carbs don’t bloat them and they look the same before and after eating carbs.
or
people that have a cheat day and still look the same after.

When most people say they’re bloated, most common responses are high bf, too high sodium, too many carbs, too much/too little water (depending on where u stand on that)

when carbs are are digested, they are converted to glucose (sugar) and stored INSIDE THE MUSCLE. Glucose binds to water but since the glucose isn’t in the fat cells, but into the muscle cells, the water will be pulled into the muscle also, which may cause you to look leaner, since larger muscles will pull the skin more.

Glucose sores in the muscle are used for energy by the muscles and start to deplete after 3-4 hours. This mean you can consume carbs every 3-4hours to replenish the stores without bloat, provided it’s not a very high amount in a short period.

If muscles are saturated, they’ll be unable to retain more glucose and it cannot be stored in the muscle. This is when it may cause bloating, since it’s binding to water molecules outside of the muscle.

Eating too many carbs at once will also cause you to retain water.
1) because your muscle can’t absorb it all in such a small period of time
2) Insulin spike may cause you to retain high amounts of water and sodium

If people eat a normal amount of carbs during a meal and are bloated, it’s most likely due to there being too much sodium in the meal, Or their Na:K ratio is off, high insulin due to other factors, water consumption.

other thread on this:
man listen I was bloated almost everyday with 2g of salt per day and 4L of water, then I changed to 5g salt/day and maximum 2.5L water with the same amount of carbs and I'm not even slightly bloated so u could be right

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: its_over, RTLBbc, ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry and 3 others
man listen I was bloated almost everyday with 2g of salt per day and 4L of water, then I changed to 5g salt/day and maximum 2.5L water with the same amount of carbs and I'm not even slightly bloated so u could be right
so u increased ur sodium intake and decreased water intake and became less bloated w same carb consumption

so u increased ur sodium intake and decreased water intake and became less bloated w same carb consumption
yes but I think that happened because I was exercising intensely and sweating too much sodium and my body was like keeping the remaining sodium

• +1
Reactions: its_over and appealmaxed
Didn’t read but carbs = body bloat and big belly, sodium = bloated everything including face.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: marek937, Bzz, Deleted member and 1 other person
dnrd

Give us a summary if something else causes it?

• +1
Reactions: Bzz
Didn’t read but carbs = body bloat and big belly, sodium = bloated everything including face.
so carbs won’t bloat face correct?

is it because it’s stored in muscles?

dnrd

Give us a summary if something else causes it?
carbs when digested are stored in muscles, so water is pulled into muscle. looking bloated is when the water is outside of muscle, meaning it can provide leaner look

just don’t have too much at one go as it will cause insulin spike causing more sodium retention

• +1
Reactions: flippasav
so carbs won’t bloat face correct?

is it because it’s stored in muscles?
Yeah. Carbs will bloat the face but barely.

Carbs are stored as glycogen in muscles with absorbs water, sodium is stored in the skin and muscles and does the same.

• +1
Reactions: flippasav and appealmaxed
carbs when digested are stored in muscles, so water is pulled into muscle. looking bloated is when the water is outside of muscle, meaning it can provide leaner look

just don’t have too much at one go as it will cause insulin spike causing more sodium retention
Glycogen, sodium, creatine all get pumped in the muscle all through the use of too much water

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
Eat raw meat and drink raw milk. it debloats you immensely

what ratio of sodium to potassium do you suggest?