Potassium-sparring diuretics for debloating

David17

David17

hallucinating
Why are people using furosemide to debloat? I get that it works and it prevents re-bloating since its a loop diuretic but it makes you piss out everything not just the sodium. I've been using potassium-sparing diuretics so you piss out all the sodium, chlorine, and water but leaves the potassium which helps regulate and prevent the reabsorption of sodium. Like this you won't re-bloat after you eat or drink again. So you can drink a lot of water when using them to stay stay hydrated but you won't risk bloating.

Obviously this has it's side effects like not having enough electrolytes in your body making you more tired, causing heart problems (low blood pressure) or the risk of developing hyperkalemia (too much potassium) if you do it too much. But that's worst case scenario.

I only use them when I feel bloated, and I can flush my face in 2-3 days, but if you use long-term potassium-sparing diuretics you can use them for extended periods of time and they will gradually debloat and keep you debloated.

+these are slightly weaker versions of potassium sparring diuretics so you can likely get over-the-counter versions (i haven't looked in the US, i use Russian brands which are non-prescription).

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy
If you’re body is low on sodium you can have all the potassium you want to keep sodium out, but you’re body is smarter than this. Your body will start to piss out all the potassium you consumed to allow for sodium uptake. That’s why it’s best to not lower sodium, but to have a good potassium intake. If you’re still bloated, then this is just genetics and nothing you can do.

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy and day5