CBCT pics after Failed MSE (GTFIH need advice)

A

alphaChadpeasant911

Ascending
Remember i got MSE in march 2022, and the orthodontist ruined me facially? well i got the cbct scan and analysis of the MSE treatment from the clinic today.

MSE Analysis:
- There is visible expansion of approximately 2.5mm at the palatal midline suture.
- The left palate bone is visibly higher than the right with the palatal device also showing a similar cant
- There is divergence of the microimplants (implants tilted outwards inferiorly) which explains the reduction of maxillary expansion at the palatal sutures
- The palatal bone is generally thin with the bone at the microimplants around 1.65 to 2.5mm thick

From the scan I can already tell both my maxilla and mandible is severley recessed, and also very narrow. And I literally have brutal NCT eyes :feelswah:, but it somehow doesn't really show in my real face.

Someone tell me how fucked I am and wtf I can do to fix this? Should i get another MSE since i only expanded 2.5mm out of 10mm? Or should i do SARPE since it is confirmed to expand, it does not expand the zygos but mine are already too wide so its fine.

Attachments

• 4_1.png
    4_1.png
    592.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4_2.png
    4_2.png
    707.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4_3.png
    4_3.png
    711.3 KB · Views: 0
  • So Sad
Reactions: π”»π”Έπ•Žβ„• 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L, Deleted member 22886, 5.5psl and 1 other person
brootal, segmental lefort or death @RealSurgerymax

• So Sad
Reactions: alphaChadpeasant911
Remember i got MSE in march 2022, and the orthodontist ruined me facially? well i got the cbct scan and analysis of the MSE treatment from the clinic today.

MSE Analysis:
- There is visible expansion of approximately 2.5mm at the palatal midline suture.
- The left palate bone is visibly higher than the right with the palatal device also showing a similar cant
- There is divergence of the microimplants (implants tilted outwards inferiorly) which explains the reduction of maxillary expansion at the palatal sutures
- The palatal bone is generally thin with the bone at the microimplants around 1.65 to 2.5mm thick

From the scan I can already tell both my maxilla and mandible is severley recessed, and also very narrow. And I literally have brutal NCT eyes :feelswah:, but it somehow doesn't really show in my real face.

Someone tell me how fucked I am and wtf I can do to fix this? Should i get another MSE since i only expanded 2.5mm out of 10mm? Or should i do SARPE since it is confirmed to expand, it does not expand the zygos but mine are already too wide so its fine.
First thing comes to mind is fixing the tooth tipping with invisalign
Thats what I had to do in one of my corrections in my nightmare with MSE. Ive had 3 MSEs!

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: HentaiMaxxer, 5.5psl, alphaChadpeasant911 and 2 others
Thats what I had to do in one of my corrections in my nightmare with MSE. Ive had 3 MSEs!
Whoa
You made a thread bro?

MSE Analysis:

Consider changing your name bro cuz the failo is too strong with your threads

Did you notice losing any midfacial width when the Invisalign brought back in your outward tipping tooth?

BOTCHED!

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: alphaChadpeasant911 and RopeMaxxed
Recessed

• +1
Go ER.

• +1
Wtf why did u get 3 MSEs? and yeah i'm planning on invisalign but isn't it kind of cope if want to do bimax in the future

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Agendum
Whoa
You made a thread bro?
wym
Wtf why did u get 3 MSEs? and yeah i'm planning on invisalign but isn't it kind of cope if want to do bimax in the future
I had failure to open the suture first MSE then got corticopuncture and the MSE failed halfway through expansion then finished with my 3rd MSE for a total of 8mm.
It had slight palatal tori (extra bone around suture.)

Invisalign is just to fix the flared molars. It actually solves it pretty quick because having cross bite (which Im still correcting) for a long time really sucks. Its quicker than you think imo

Keep turning, that level of tilting with the MSE is so normal.

MSE Analysis:

Can’t help you but were these CT scans taken using a dental type CT scanner or the big one you lie down in?

wym

I had failure to open the suture first MSE then got corticopuncture and the MSE failed halfway through expansion then finished with my 3rd MSE for a total of 8mm.
It had slight palatal tori (extra bone around suture.)

Invisalign is just to fix the flared molars. It actually solves it pretty quick because having cross bite (which Im still correcting) for a long time really sucks. Its quicker than you think imo
damn that sounds painful. I already had so much pain and i only did it once :lul:. And my palate seems to be thin actually according to the ortho, so i actually should've gotten the full 10mm but thta bitch cucked me by not cutting of the arms :rage:

• Woah
Can’t help you but were these CT scans taken using a dental type CT scanner or the big one you lie down in?
i think it was a dental one, basically you put your head in a scanning machine and stand there for a few minutes and its done

MSE Analysis:

Did you just do a regular MSE? have you considered the Pizeo cut instead of SARPE? The Pizeo cut guarantees success.

• +1
As @Agendum will tell you, MSE is a big β€œmeh” for aesthetics. If it’s not for airway health, don’t expect your under eye area to just fill up or something. 10k or more for a slight difference.

• +1
Did you just do a regular MSE? have you considered the Pizeo cut instead of SARPE? The Pizeo cut guarantees success.
Yeah it was a normal MSE which is why it didn't split that easily and was asymmetric. Never heard of Pizeo cut tbh. Doesn't SARPE also guarantee success? because it cuts the bone completely so theres 0 resistance

As @Agendum will tell you, MSE is a big β€œmeh” for aesthetics. If it’s not for airway health, don’t expect your under eye area to just fill up or something. 10k or more for a slight difference.
Yeah it pretty much didn't do shit but because i only got 2.5mm expansion. But i need it for airway health because i have narrow airway and palate which was caused by mouthbreathing my whole life due to allergies. Like my face basically collapsed on itself because i wasn't supporting it with my tongue

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator and DownUnderCopeAttack
If you remove it and don't do anything you are stupid and wasted ur money.

If you remove it and don't do anything you are stupid and wasted ur money.
What should he do step by step from where he’s at? Install another MSE currently?

Are not worried about orgemaxxing your nose bro. Your alar base will widen

• +1

MSE Analysis:

if you have widen and can breathe properly i suggest you should fix your recession by Expanding forwards do you understand brother?

And I feel so sorry for your NCT bone structure of eyes!!! That must be so brutal!!! The bone looks soooooo HORRIFYINGLY LOWWW THAT IT MIGHT LOOK LIKE THAT YOUR EYES WILL LITERALLY FALL TO THE GROUND SO MUCH NCT......πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: alphaChadpeasant911 and HentaiMaxxer
Are not worried about orgemaxxing your nose bro. Your alar base will widen
My nose is already wide tho. And i will be getting septorhinoplasty eventually so it doesn't really concern me

if you have widen and can breathe properly i suggest you should fix your recession by Expanding forwards do you understand brother?

And I feel so sorry for your NCT bone structure of eyes!!! That must be so brutal!!! The bone looks soooooo HORRIFYINGLY LOWWW THAT IT MIGHT LOOK LIKE THAT YOUR EYES WILL LITERALLY FALL TO THE GROUND SO MUCH NCT......πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί
Yeah i am saving for bimax to fix my recesseion and move my jaw forward, and I know my NCT looks pretty brutal in the CBCT but in real life its not that bad tbh

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator and π”»π”Έπ•Žβ„• 𝕆𝔽 𝕂ℍ𝔸L
What should he do step by step from where he’s at? Install another MSE currently?
He should take a CBCT (this is to ensure that the new MSE doesn't get screwed into the opening he already had from the previous MSE), and install another one before the suture closes.