Chewing gum causing buccinator hypertrophy?

D

Deleted member 439

what would jordan do?
Does chewing gum cause buccinator muscles to hypertrophy resulting in a more bloated face? If so are there any legit ways to increase jaw appearance without involving the buccinator muscles?

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Open mouth chewing

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: laske.7, SayNoToRotting, CoconutMan and 1 other person
Open mouth chewing
how would that change the apearance though? I thought the only way to make a change is if you hypertrophy the buccinator muscles. pls enlighten me

• +1
how would that change the apearance though? I thought the only way to make a change is if you hypertrophy the buccinator muscles. pls enlighten me
When you chew with your mouth open, you don't activate the buccinator muscles.

Or so I heard.

Not a big fan of chewing/mewing. They are good in moderation for oral health.

• +1
Reactions: CoconutMan
When you chew with your mouth open, you don't activate the buccinator muscles.

Or so I heard.

Not a big fan of chewing/mewing. They are good in moderation for oral health.
If you dont activate the buccinators then there is no point in chewing or am I missing something? Also I thought mewing was pretty legit especially for guys under 23?

• +1
If you dont activate the buccinators then there is no point in chewing or am I missing something? Also I thought mewing was pretty legit especially for guys under 23?
Whether it is legit or not doesn't bother me. I do it either ways. Just don't expect to ascend from it.
When you don't activate a muscle, it starts to atrophy. Or prevent it from hypertrophying at least.
The point of open mouth chewing is to enlarge the masseter while leaving the buccinators alone, hence avoiding the bloating that comes with it.

• Woah
Reactions: CoconutMan
No it doesnt. Chew in an up & down motion and you should be fine

Whether it is legit or not doesn't bother me. I do it either ways. Just don't expect to ascend from it.
When you don't activate a muscle, it starts to atrophy. Or prevent it from hypertrophying at least.
The point of open mouth chewing is to enlarge the masseter while leaving the buccinators alone, hence avoiding the bloating that comes with it.
Oh thanks, sorry for the silly questions I havent took a biology course since grade 7.

• +1
@Extra Chromosome is talking about what he doesn't know, open mouth chewing causes buccinator hypertrophy, I chew a lot and I still have hollow cheeks, just make sure that:
  1. Your mouth is closed
  2. You have an even amount of gum, and equally as much on both sides, so you don't work one side without working the other
  3. The gums are very far behind, near where the wisdom teeth would be, this works the masseter muscle.

@Extra Chromosome is talking about what he doesn't know, open mouth chewing causes buccinator hypertrophy, I chew a lot and I still have hollow cheeks, just make sure that:
  1. Your mouth is closed
  2. You have an even amount of gum, and equally as much on both sides, so you don't work one side without working the other
  3. The gums are very far behind, near where the wisdom teeth would be, this works the masseter muscle.
Pm me your hollow cheek and i will vouch you

Does chewing gum cause buccinator muscles to hypertrophy resulting in a more bloated face? If so are there any legit ways to increase jaw appearance without involving the buccinator muscles?
They get hypertrophied by swallowing incorrectly