Do not use minoxidil if you don’t have to

D

Deleted member 32529

humble work and mad wanderings
I didn’t believe the rumours but they are true

Minoxidil lowers your overall facial skin quality, but especially worsens the under eye area; you will look permanently tired/unwell

On the plus side the results are only temporary, and after just a week of not using it my skin looks 5 years younger

The better solution for hair loss is topical DUT once a month for prevention/very mild MPB, and obviously more frequently if it’s getting worse.

If your hair is already noticeably recessed I guess you will have to use it as hair is everything. Maybe look into oral minox as it may be better for this purpose

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LVZZO, mathis, urukhaiascension and 4 others
What about using it for eyebrows?

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder
It can cause water retention. That makes you look a bit older and worsens your undereye area.

The usual solutions like Kirkland minox and Rogaine also contain lots of ethanol and propyl glycol with about 5% minox. Which will dry out your skin in the short term.

It doesn't cause permanent damage besides that. It doesn't even stay systemic for more than 96 hours, so after that it's as if you never used it.

Temporary bloat is worth it for a lot of people if you can avoid paying tens of thousands for a hair or beard transplant but achieve the same results.

All other known compounds for growing hair out of nothing (inactive vellus follicles) are just science fiction or wishful thinking, the only thing that provenly and consistently works is minoxidil. And even that was accidentally discovered in the 50s because it was supposed to be a heart medication. It does cause heart palpitations for most new users.

• +1
Reactions: mathis, Deleted member 52404, Amadeus and 7 others
jfl to those who think any chemical is good for your skin.

• +1
Reactions: urukhaiascension
It can cause water retention. That makes you look a bit older and worsens your undereye area.

The usual solutions like Kirkland minox and Rogaine also contain lots of ethanol and propyl glycol with about 5% minox. Which will dry out your skin in the short term.

It doesn't cause permanent damage besides that. It doesn't even stay systemic for more than 96 hours, so after that it's as if you never used it.

Temporary bloat is worth it for a lot of people if you can avoid paying tens of thousands for a hair or beard transplant but achieve the same results.

All other known compounds for growing hair out of nothing (inactive vellus follicles) are just science fiction or wishful thinking, the only thing that provenly and consistently works is minoxidil. And even that was accidentally discovered in the 50s because it was supposed to be a heart medication. It does cause heart palpitations for most new users.
Better to just stop the problem before it develops, with a DHT blocker

Ofc it’s too late for some

Swap out minoxidil for redensyl, I like the mechanism of action better and the peripheral side effects are neglible.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|

Minoxidil lowers your overall facial skin quality, but especially worsens the under eye area; you will look permanently tired/unwell

On the plus side the results are only temporary, and after just a week of not using it my skin looks 5 years younger

The better solution for hair loss is topical DUT once a month for prevention/very mild MPB, and obviously more frequently if it’s getting worse.

If your hair is already noticeably recessed I guess you will have to use it as hair is everything. Maybe look into oral minox as it may be better for this purpose
does oral minox have no effect on collagen tho?

Minoxidil affects collagen in a similar way tho.

Stopped taking it and fine

• +1
Reactions: urukhaiascension

How long does oral minoxidil take to show results? also does using a dermapen increase the results or no (with oral minox)

Im using min for about a year saw some regrowth but did notice bloat and undereye bags, recently hopped on fin and planning to stop minox

How long does oral minoxidil take to show results? also does using a dermapen increase the results or no (with oral minox)
For fast responders 3-6 months until the vellus goes terminal (dark) and starts growing permanently,
for slow responders 2-4 years of twice daily applying.

Even if you have to apply for 3 years twice a day, it's still going to be 98% cheaper than a hair or beard transplant.

Once the follicle goes dark, it stays with you for life even after stopping minox.

If you stop while it's still grey or whiteish, it will fall out if you stop minox prematurely.

• +1
Reactions: mathis, Eiei and Mr. President
For fast responders 3-6 months until the vellus goes terminal (dark) and starts growing permanently,

Even if you have to apply for 3 years twice a day, it's still going to be 98% cheaper than a hair or beard transplant.

Once the follicle goes dark, it stays with you for life even after stopping minox.

If you stop while it's still grey or whiteish, it will fall out if you stop minox prematurely.
Double dosing oral minox? I thought one was enough for it to go systemic

It’s only permanent on facial hair not scalp hair

It’s only permanent on facial hair not scalp hair
Unfortunately on scalp hair, finasteride+minox may keep the terminal hairs for years but then they fall out anyway.

So if one has the genes for severe balding and manages to reverse some of it with minoxidil, it needs to be reapplied until you die or the gains go away.

The only 100% results are from facial hair because the follicles are different from scalp hair.

• +1
Reactions: Eiei
anyone who experienced side effects like that, the under the eyes seems to return to normal after stopping?

a tip. baby rash ointment made my eyelashes and eyebrows grow, they don’t grow like you were using lash serum or anything like that, but it will hydrate and make the hair grow stronger – also, i use it on my lips and saw a significant difference. my lips always had a brown line around them as if it were a contour, but now it’s just a shade which in this case is pink.

Unfortunately on scalp hair, finasteride+minox may keep the terminal hairs for years but then they fall out anyway.

So if one has the genes for severe balding and manages to reverse some of it with minoxidil, it needs to be reapplied until you die or the gains go away.

The only 100% results are from facial hair because the follicles are different from scalp hair.
Ik lol. that’s what I was saying

anyone who experienced side effects like that, the under the eyes seems to return to normal after stopping?
Did y even read what I wrote lol.

Yes is the answer, after a week

Did y even read what I wrote lol.

Yes is the answer, after a week
yeah, I read it seems okay if you use it on the face to have terminal hairs. I was asking if anyone besides you has experienced this side effect and if it doesn't go away. Tretinoin also affects my under eyes, but a week after stopping, it goes back to normal. I've also seen people claim that minoxidil and tretinoin reduce fat pads in the eyes but for me it goes back if i stop, so it's probably just irritation

Im using minox for a year recently i hopped on fin and planning to stop min to help undereyes and bloating do you think fin alone will help keep the hair?

We need to blast topical cyclosporine and dutasteride to revive those dying follicles

im gon experiment with minox soon for eyebrows once i maxxed out my healthy habits and routines

Your dick stops erecting after 3 days of minox.Real anecdote btw.

do you mean that if I put it in my scal, my face will look worse?

Topical dut once a month is the stupidest idea I have heard
Minoxidil affect on skin quality might be because of alcohol content

Don’t get it directly on facial skin and use foam without alcohol difference is marginal

Niggas won’t put on sunscreen but complain from losing collagen with minox (negligible)

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69
Topical dut once a month is the stupidest idea I have heard
Minoxidil affect on skin quality might be because of alcohol content

Don’t get it directly on facial skin and use foam without alcohol difference is marginal

Niggas won’t put on sunscreen but complain from losing collagen with minox (negligible)
Why is topical dut once a month stupid ?

People with proper balding use it once a week, if you have no signs but want to make sure you catch it before it starts then every 2-4 weeks is ideal and basically has no risk of sides

Idk what causes it, whether it’s the alcohol or just mechanism of action but something causes a dead look especially around the eyes

do you mean that if I put it in my scal, my face will look worse?
Maybe maybe not and probably only marginally but the difference in my eye area was quite drastic

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
I've used it for 1 year and had zero results. I also had dark circles but I always had them cause my under eye are is generally not good. I've dropped that shit and the last thing I wanna do is fuck up my body further with tranny drugs. I've found solution for my hair.

Blaa blaa blaaa blaaaa

Fin + minoxidil

im gon experiment with minox soon for eyebrows once i maxxed out my healthy habits and routines
updates? i'm thinking about using it too