does anybody else “blank” during public speaking and how did you fix it if you do.

NorwoodAscender

NorwoodAscender

just a dude on addy enjoying life
put me in a 1 on 1 or even a small group of friends and i could talk about things for a while. but when i’m on the spot in the classroom/doing a presentation my mind completely blanks and i can’t think. i have combatted this by memorizing presentations world for word but I would prefer to not have to do this…does anybody else have this problem? and if so what did you do to fix it.

i don't think it's a problem tbh, most people aren't used to public speaking in general. usually tho you can just think on the spot and turn it around and most people won't even notice.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 57122
I only talk to myself in public

propranolol will make you cool as a cucumber

• +1
Reactions: finn899
So you are just like every other zoomer, Its actually embarrasing to see how socially anxious some of my pears are.

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender
So you are just like every other zoomer, Its actually embarrasing to see how socially anxious some of my pears are.
yes. but i’m probably worse than the average zoomer. think it might have been the covid years that fucked me

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 57122 and NordicLeonhard
i usually just pretend im talking to one person in the class like a friend or something

cringe post, why can you not think are you retarded or sth
if ur not retarded then u would be able to operate even with anxiety
but the cure to social anxiety is doing dumb shit in public and not caring
this is the looksmax forum not ur therapist

cringe post, why can you not think are you retarded or sth
if ur not retarded then u would be able to operate even with anxiety
but the cure to social anxiety is doing dumb shit in public and not caring
this is the looksmax forum not ur therapist
dnr

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
put me in a 1 on 1 or even a small group of friends and i could talk about things for a while. but when i’m on the spot in the classroom/doing a presentation my mind completely blanks and i can’t think. i have combatted this by memorizing presentations world for word but I would prefer to not have to do this…does anybody else have this problem? and if so what did you do to fix it.
Just write on a piece of paper what you have to present and read from it, even famous people do this...

avoid eye-contact and just stare at the board whilst pointing, thats what i do until i get my shit togheter then speak again

viktor frankl paradoxical intention - read his method, it's what helped me cure lifelong social anxiety

just do it more and dont expect people to judge you, i use to present in front of like directors and managers and imo it was less stressful then students because students are so much more judgemental imo

where are you from, im getting American vibes

imagine them all as sub 5

shut the fuck up nigger muh depression isnt a thing muh adhd isnt a thing kill yourself faggot
Correct, they aren't a thing. Do you have any arguments besides chimping out?