Does chewing too much cause resscesion?

D

Deleted member 29724

Silver
Because would the massaters pull the maxilla down and backwards or???
Need proof for why or why not
Help!

• JFL
Reactions: ccwarrior, flippasav, Deleted member 39692 and 3 others
this nigga mad retarded

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: baboon593, ccwarrior, NarrowBones and 2 others
Breathing through nose causes recession

• JFL
Reactions: ascension
No. Constantly contracting the masseters at rest will, though. Chewing hard foods helps stimulate the muscle and new growth.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29724
No. Constantly contracting the masseters at rest will, though. Chewing hard foods helps stimulate the muscle and new growth.
Clenching I agree, but because it would lead to alveolar bone resorption, so you end up with short face and other undesirable changes.

But I know a few smart people who have argued that when mewing naturally there is a slight and constant activation of all much of the musculature of the face including the masseters. Its something Salludon mentions as well. And something which I and a couple others have experimented with and found that when mewing in certain ways the masseters gently activate and stay activated.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037 and Deleted member 29724
thank you bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037
Clenching I agree, but because it would lead to alveolar bone resorption, so you end up with short face and other undesirable changes.

But I know a few smart people who have argued that when mewing naturally there is a slight and constant activation of all much of the musculature of the face including the masseters. Its something Salludon mentions as well. And something which I and a couple others have experimented with and found that when mewing in certain ways the masseters gently activate and stay activated.
I attest. I feel it too, it’s a different sensation than clenching but more of a tightening. You should still feel relaxed and be able to fully tense if mewing correctly. Too many people clench while mewing and get serious TMJ issues, I did that years ago.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1