Eyelid Surgery with Dr. Vrcek - My Results [GTFIH]

D

Deleted member 23022

Bronze
Hey guys. I’ve been taking a break from this forum to focus on other things. This might be my last post here, as I came here to fix my eyes & learn about looksmaxxing and I don’t see much of a reason to stick around. However, I have learned a lot of useful information from this forum, and my experience has definitely been a net positive. So I figured I should contribute this for anyone else who is in a similar position.

This is going to be a very in-depth thread on eyelid surgery, as I haven’t seen anything similar on here. If you have a shit eye area (like I did) and you want to take a calm and rational approach to improve your looks - this thread is for you. I’m not sure how long I will stick around, but my DM’s are open for now should you have further questions.

I had Eyelid Surgery with Dr. Vrcek exactly 1 month ago and it went pretty well. There is still a bit of asymmetry in the upper eyelids, which I will probably need a revision for. I was told from the beginning by the surgeons that I consulted with that the upper eyelids (Ptosis Repair) are the most difficult to get right on the first try, and sometimes need a revision.

I won’t be showing my face on this site, so please don’t ask. But here are some before/after pics I took today. Left is regular, the right is kinda squinting.

sHbxrNEq4Qdtfss9aTji0QA3nk5wUo0pkwawwZWvZy6pEXYGj3Gfx68xmAT6JLX0d27bf1c0t8icFLsludhll3qpq5m_MgCXYxxq3eERhVB5-nru_YuFFTW7fPJVtzHDzebxjXBgZ0Q4cLdxKR3ce57JAeLSHXiThf3ZKbhkZmVF8gfz17mcidShXI5PTQ
tIMucvIh0wHLr9ZeolZ7R5au1SYLH-YWkfmcREYFf0J-LFskubtnzz5rRxDc3v4ymIA7N6AKosUgrZ-pqpJ6CUGKmzJXHJwC5eEjXvXXmsBbG0PH0e-0YPWE7JLyyQ6xqFbsFDmEVyWAQSAG-Yakpzs439ogNQINf1YHzwtFzh89rqZYZgIJVcWv050MjA

The canthal tilt is actually pretty even on both eyes (neutral) but it can change depending on what angle that the camera is held at. There are other pictures near the bottom of this thread showing what my eyes looked like at different stages in the Recovery Process.

In this thread I am going to talk about
  1. Myself (briefly)
  2. Should you get Eyelid Surgery?
  3. Who are the best Oculoplastic Surgeons?
  4. Why I chose Dr. Vrcek
  5. The relevant costs of Eyelid Surgery
  6. My goals with Eyelid Surgery
  7. The Surgical Experience
  8. The Recovery Process
  9. My experience with Dr. Vrcek
  10. Conclusions

Part 1: About Me

I won’t go into much detail about myself, I doubt any of you really care. I have pretty good facial features such as my jaw, nose, skin, good hair..etc. Wheat Waffles & Nero pointed this out in the ratings that I got from them and both stated that the eye area was my biggest flaw by far. To be honest, I didn’t realize how atrocious my eye area was until after I got the surgery. My eyes looked like a mix between a Sad Puppy and a Cartoon Character.

Part 2: Should you get Eyelid Surgery?

You should only get Eyelid Surgery to correct flaws, not to improve an above average eye Area. Eyelid Surgery isn’t risky in a health sense, you’re NOT gonna go blind. However, eyelid surgery has a very small margin for error & a botched operation can leave you looking Uncanny AF. You need to evaluate whether or not the risk is worth the reward. If your eyes aren’t a striking feature, but they have no flaws – you don’t need to get eyelid surgery.

At least 5 of you have messaged me with above average eye area and asked me if you should get the same surgery - the answer is No. Stop being an Autist. A few of you have messaged with a similar eye area to my before photos - if you have a below average eye area with major flaws then you have nothing to lose. Go for it.

If you have negative canthal tilt (major flaw) - get a Canthoplasty.
If you have curved & saggy lower eyelids + Scleral Show (major flaw) - get Lower Lid Retraction.
If you have upper eyelid exposure or droopy upper eyelids (major flaw) get a Ptosis Repair.
If you have bulging eyes (major flaw) get an Orbital Decompression.

The procedures I needed were a Canthoplasty, Lower Lid Retraction with Alloderm Grafts, and Ptosis Repair. These 3 procedures made up my Eyelid Surgery.

Part 3: Who are the best Oculoplastic Surgeons?

I did some deep research, and came up with this list of the best eye surgeons in the U.S for these procedures and ranked them by results, reviews, and listed the city they operate in:
  1. Dr. Taban - LA
  2. Dr. Vrcek - Dallas
  3. Dr. Massry - LA
  4. Dr. Douglas - LA
  5. Dr. Abboud - San Diego

Taban is the most well known oculoplastic surgeon for a reason. In addition to having great results, he is a master of Marketing. When you search for anything related to eyelid surgery, there’s a good chance that Taban’s website will pop up. I believe he is the most expensive oculoplastic surgeon too & he charges $300 for a virtual consultation. Taban is also booked out 6 months in advance for a virtual consult. So you should expect to wait for up to 1 year if you want surgery with Taban. This was not an option for me so I moved on.

Dr. Vrcek charged $150 for the virtual consultation and we got it scheduled within 3 weeks. I liked Vrcek from the start, he was sharp, knew what I was going for and we just clicked from the beginning. He has good results, a lot of which are not posted on his website. I talked with Vrcek at length about this - Taban is super aggressive on digital marketing because he has to be. LA has tons of oculoplastic surgeons & it is super competitive. Vrcek is one of the best in the U.S but most of his business comes from Dallas where there are only a few oculoplastic surgeons and he says they are all friends.

Massry (also in LA) charges $500 and is booked out for 7 months for a consultation. Once again, not an option for me. I also booked consults with Dr. Douglas and Dr. Abboud in addition to Dr. Vrcek. Both doctors had consults ready within 2 weeks. Douglas charged $150 for the virtual consultation, and Abboud was free. I think Abboud is younger and not quite as well known as the other two. Both were very knowledgeable, and had good results that they were happy to show me on the call.

If you are leaning towards a surgeon other than one of the ones I have mentioned, that's fine. DYOR & make sure your surgeon knows what they are doing. They need to have experience and good looking results with the procedures you will be getting.

Part 4: Why did I choose Dr. Vrcek?

In the end it was between Vrcek, Abboud, and Douglass. I chose to go with Dr. Vrcek because he quoted me the lowest total cost for the operation, he was the closest to me (2 hour flight), and like I said I just clicked with the guy.

Part 5: The relevant costs of Eyelid Surgery

There are 3 different categories of costs for this procedure. 1st is the surgeon fee, 2nd is the Surgery Facility fee, and 3rd is travel related expenses.

Vrcek’s fee was $7500 for the Canthoplasty, Ptosis Repair, Lower Lid Retraction. The Surgery Facility supplied the Anesthesia, Alloderm Grafts, and hospital staff and it came out to $2500. The travel ended up being about $2k (flights, hotels, rental car..etc). My dad came along & used frequent flier miles for the flights and got us a hotel & car + paid for the food. So that was nice. In total - it came out to $12k but my Dad paid for $2k of the travel expenses.

Abboud was charging $10k for the procedure and Douglas was at $13k - this includes Surgeon Fee and Facility Fee & does not include travel. I have a feeling that Dr. Massry and Dr. Taban would be in the $15-$20k range again, again not including travel.

Part 6: My Goals with Eyelid Surgery

Eyelid Surgery is about correcting flaws. I had no delusions about getting the perfect eye area because I paid a lot for surgery. My eye area was a 2/10 and I wanted to get it to a 6/10. The goal was to change my canthal tilt from (very) negative to neutral. I wanted to straighten out the lower lids and eliminate sagging, and get less upper eyelid exposure. I wasn’t going for “Hunter Eyes''. That wasn’t feasible. When you ask your surgeon to do too much, it greatly increases your chance of looking uncanny. It’s much better to opt for a few necessary procedures with conservative goals rather than slicing open the entire eyelid & hoping that everything heals back together perfectly.

Part 7: The Surgical Experience

My Dad & I flew into Dallas three days before the Surgery. I had an in person consultation with Dr. Vrcek two days prior to surgery, and once again everything went well. He was cool & professional but still felt like you could hold a conversation with him about casual stuff. He knew exactly what I was going for & assured me that it would look good. While sitting around Dallas my dad wanted to go out to eat a lot and this was where I got off my diet. Eating all that good Tex-Mex & Margaritas.

The day of Surgery rolled around and I got to the surgery facility at 9am. You aren’t supposed to eat or drink for 12 hours prior to Surgery, so that sucked. I filled out some paperwork and chilled in the waiting room for a couple hours. Then they took me back, hooked up an IV and I waited another 2 hours. I think I was at the facility for 4 hours before Dr. Vrcek was ready, which was a bit annoying but no biggie.

I wasn’t nervous, literally not at all. It was something I had to do & I had no control over how it went. I felt like I was in good hands. I mean it when I say I didn’t feel nervous at any point whatsoever. I was just bored and playing on my phone until they wheeled me into the surgery room. The anesthesiologist talked to me for like 2 mins, and then Dr. Vrcek came in. They laid me back & I was down for the count immediately.

Part 8: The Recovery Process

I woke up in the same little room where I had been waiting for 2 hours pre surgery. My dad was there. I remember very little of this. My dad said he & Dr. Vrcek talked for a bit, and Vrcek said it went really well. Then the staff wheeled me out to our rental car and my dad drove me back to the hotel room. For the first 4 days after Surgery you are supposed to put an ice pack on your eyes for 20 minutes out of every waking hour. You are supposed to sleep on your back with your head perched above your body for 7 days after Surgery (Vrcek explained why but I forgot). So you are basically just laying in bed, icing your eyes, and resting. They also give you some painkillers (nothing good tbh I was hoping for Oxy) and a steroid called Prednisone to help with the swelling & bruising.

I didn’t feel any pain, it’s more just an annoying experience. You can’t do anything but sit around and rest. You can’t look at screens for about a week after surgery. We flew back 2 days after Surgery, and I got settled back into my apartment. For the first week or so I was pretty all over the place, mentally and emotionally. The meds were fucking with my head really hard, It didn’t help that the eyes looked uneven (because of the swelling) Dr. Vrcek explained that the eyes usually look uneven until about the 2 week mark when the swelling evens out - which was pretty true in my case. But I was tweaking out.

I would obsess over my eyes all day, probably taking 100-150 pictures per day of my eyes as there wasn’t really anything else to do but lie in bed. Looking back on it - I would have just told myself to chill the fuck out, eat a healthy diet, and listen to some self improvement podcasts or something like that. Obsessing over your surgery results - especially when the swelling is uneven + on meds like Prednisone can drive you crazy.

Here is a collection of pics of what my eyes looked like throughout Week 1. Top Pic is 1 day after surgery, Middle 3 days after. Bottom on Day 6 (kinda squinting)

aYRT1NIBpdQH0HChOmkslN06RRX9deptm5n35Lhumf02w2KRFR_h4eq7PdMfJsqWF9HCM7HGVqjAjHdDypF2lRUCrFrzdmnpaUUvXdumGiKK1n4ioa9wBl0rHCVVd1-EcJCD1QfceR-tYt-Yu_x09a3gyu83zK8qH-z9G3xr-xQfxtngFnzvAX-Kdk2n1g

As you can see they looked uneven, super bruised..etc. The first week after this surgery was tough. I’m not a mentalcel or a turbo autist like some people on this site but like I said I was all over the place. It didn't help that you’re not supposed to do ant exercise for 7-10 days until after the surgery. So I was just sitting at home, lying in bed, eating a shit diet, and trying to hang in there. Week 2 the swelling started to even out, and I really started to like the result. I got back on the diet and started lifting again on Day 12 I believe. On Day 15 I talked with Dr. Vrcek on Facetime and he reassured me that everything was looking good. I was pretty happy with the result, and resolved to just chill and make my final judgment in a few weeks. And not much has changed between Week 2 and now tbh.

Part 9: My experience with Dr. Vrcek

Dr. Vrcek did a good job. I would give him a 9/10. He listened to me, understood what I was going for, and gave me what I wanted. He was easy to schedule a consultation with and his prices were quite fair compared to the other top oculoplastic surgeons. He’s also very accessible via Phone Call/Facetime/Email if you need to talk with him. He Facetimed me on Saturday (day after my surgery) when he wasn’t even in the office, in order to make sure that everything was going well. We’ve talked a few times since then, and overall I’m quite happy with how this all went down. The only reason the rating isn’t higher is the asymmetry in the upper eyelids. This was always a possibility and I’m not upset about it, life isn’t perfect. My eyes have improved a lot.

Part 10: Conclusion

Are my eyes perfect? Nope. Like I said previously, I didn’t have any illusions about getting the perfect eye area. I don’t like the word “subhuman” but my before photo - fuck it they were subhuman. I’m not sure how I went through life with those eyes. It’s kind of a miracle that I was able to get laid, and get laid somewhat frequently in College? Idk man.

I would like to thank @Artemis @Looksmax305 @pcmaxing for the kind words over the recovery process. I know there were a few others but those are the ones that come to mind. And that’s it.

- GolfGod69, your fav greycel

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: bossman, med, mizzy and 26 others
Looks much better.

• +1
Reactions: rdqs, MoggerChad, highT and 2 others
Now you can go ER.

• JFL
Reactions: Jigen
Are you using eyeliner/curling lashes? Your lashes are great both before and after

Are you using eyeliner/curling lashes? Your lashes are great both before and after
Thanks? My ex girlfriend used to say that but I never noticed it tbh.

No I don't use anything have never paid them any attention.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
im looking at massry, is he really that much worse than taban? i like massry's results - i am looking for a conservative canthoplasty. i feel like some of taban's results are very uncanny and he is very overrated IMO. i've been loving all of your posts btw

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: goatedjordan23 and rawdawg335
Posts like these are literally the only reason I visit this god forsaken website. Congrats on your ascension, and thanks for contributing your invaluable experience and information. Is your looksmaxing journey over now?

• +1
Reactions: goatedjordan23, pppokerface, brucewayne78 and 5 others
Good and high effort post personally I have black hunter eyes like my eyes are hooded somewhat like Asian and somewhat like the guy in my avi I want some uee in my eyes so I am going for canthoplasy to get double eyelids and also for eye color change surgeries to get to blue/green
In your opinion is it a good move to go for eye color change surgeries ?

• +1
Reactions: crerea and Deleted member 23022
If you have curved & saggy lower eyelids + Scleral Show (major flaw) - get Lower Lid Retraction.
If you have upper eyelid exposure or droopy upper eyelids (major flaw) get a Ptosis Repair.
based off of this, would you say that a conservative, simple canthoplasty is a good option for me? would it ascend me? which operations do you think i should ask massry for?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 1.29.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 1.29.17 AM.png
    253.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Repentsinner
This is great. Everyone needs to remember you are starting with your base - there are ceilings to how far you can push things. Soft tissue work is probably the one that has a lower cap than other things like implants.

Excellent for sharing your experience. And I suggest everyone to use this site as a source for threads like this mainly. So much on here is nonsense negative banter from people who aren't in line with the core reason this site exists

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23022, rawdawg335 and highT
It looks like you are squinting. This is what happens when you hoist up the lower eyelid without having the appropriate orbital support. The lower eyelid looks like it is 'floating' and now you look a little weird. Still much better than the before though, but i would suggest getting saddled infras to sort this

im looking at massry, is he really that much worse than taban? i like massry's results - i am looking for a conservative canthoplasty. i feel like some of taban's results are very uncanny and he is very overrated IMO. i've been loving all of your posts btw
I don't know tbh.

Yes Taban has some uncanny results. I talked with my surgeon about this - a lot of people in LA are looking for crazy eyes - super positive canthal tilt. They want to look like Aliens lol.

I would recommend consulting with Raymond Douglas over Massry. Douglas can see you for a consult within a few weeks for $150. Massry was booked out for 7 months and charges $500.

Posts like these are literally the only reason I visit this god forsaken website. Congrats on your ascension, and thanks for contributing your invaluable experience and information. Is your looksmaxing journey over now?
It's never over, but I need to try & forget about the blackpill and try to go be happy.

I have the info I need to keep working on my looksmaxxing, I just don't need to be wasting time on this forum.

• +1
Reactions: zura, highT and Deleted member 25339
Good and high effort post personally I have black hunter eyes like my eyes are hooded somewhat like Asian and somewhat like the guy in my avi I want some uee in my eyes so I am going for canthoplasy to get double eyelids and also for eye color change surgeries to get to blue/green
In your opinion is it a good move to go for eye color change surgeries ?
Sounds unnecessary to me, but I wouldn't know unless I see your eyes.

based off of this, would you say that a conservative, simple canthoplasty is a good option for me? would it ascend me? which operations do you think i should ask massry for?
Your main problem isn't canthal tilt.

I would prioritize Lower Lid Retraction and Ptosis before Cantho.

This is a solid thread golfgod thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. I tried to schedule a consult with Taban but like you said he was booked out. I’m inclined to try Vrcek after seeing your results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23022
Congratulations, big improvement. Cool to see calm lucidity on your end you did indeed have quite a bad eye area that is now above average.

I think I remember you posting about this in a thread cool to see you actually went through with it.

That recovery sounds so annoying man. You're lucky to have a supportive dad who accepts your life decisions like this and will play an active role in carrying them out. I expect so much pushback from my old man.

• +1
Reactions: Sanguinius and Deleted member 23022
This is a solid thread golfgod thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. I tried to schedule a consult with Taban but like you said he was booked out. I’m inclined to try Vrcek after seeing your results.
Thanks G. Yeah Vrcek is very solid.

I would definitely recommend him. He's much easier to get in contact with and charges much less than the California Surgeons.

Congratulations, big improvement. Cool to see calm lucidity on your end you did indeed have quite a bad eye area that is now above average.

I think I remember you posting about this in a thread cool to see you actually went through with it.

That recovery sounds so annoying man. You're lucky to have a supportive dad who accepts your life decisions like this and will play an active role in carrying them out. I expect so much pushback from my old man.
Thanks man. I probably have some body dysmorphia like most people on this forum but did my best to be calm about it.

My dad tried to advise me against it but once I signed up for the surgery and I was paying for it he agreed to come. Doesn't change the fact that he tried to lecture the shit out of me..etc. Most Boomers don't understand how difficult it is.

He had to moneymaxx hard in his 20s and early 30s to get my Mom, even though she wasn't that attractive. I have no doubt he had a similar but probably worse experience with Women than I have had. You would think he would understand the reasoning. But he refuses to believe that dating has gotten significantly harder for non-chads in the past 10 years.

• +1
Reactions: Octavian_Augustus and rawdawg335
look good but too fucking expensive

prolly gonna do it in turkey

look good but too fucking expensive

prolly gonna do it in turkey
I've heard too many horror stories about Turkey canthoplasty lol.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

• +1
Reactions: agoostis

I would definitely recommend him. He's much easier to get in contact with and charges much less than the California Surgeons.
I've got an appointment with Bernadini soon and I will probably ask the same surgeries as you : lower eyelid retractation, canthoplasty and ptosis repair.

Hope he will remain reasonable with the price because there's no way I'm paying more than you did when you got this exceptional result with 10K.

If he's too expensive I might turn to Vreck.

• +1
I've got an appointment with Bernadini soon and I will probably ask the same surgeries as you : lower eyelid retractation, canthoplasty and ptosis repair.

Hope he will remain reasonable with the price because there's no way I'm paying more than you did when you got this exceptional result with 10K.

If he's too expensive I might turn to Vreck.
I'm familiar with him. He was the one who had the recent "Hunter Eye surgery" results?

I've heard Euro Surgeons are more blackpilled than U.S surgeons (in general) and it would make sense for you to go to Bernadini if you live in Europe. But yeah if he's too expensive Vrcek is a good bet.

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius

I live in Florida. Do you know if there any reputable surgeons here? I’ll probably schedule a consult with Vrcek anywats but I’d prefer to stay close to home.

And was it difficult for you to fly just days after your surgery?

I live in Florida. Do you know if there any reputable surgeons here? I’ll probably schedule a consult with Vrcek anywats but I’d prefer to stay close to home.

And was it difficult for you to fly just days after your surgery?
I know Dr. Fagien is in Florida - Miami I think. But he struck me as very unprofessional. I called his office like 5 times in my research phase and wasn't able to get any information from them. Eventually I gave up and realized there were better options.

Like I said in the thread, I can only vouch for Dr. Vrcek but I think the other 4 doctors that I mentioned would be a good bet
(Taban, Massry, Douglas, Abboud) But they are all in California and more expensive than Dr. Vrcek.

If you are going to go with a local surgeon, make sure they have their certifications + reviews + good results with the procedures that you will be getting.

Hey guys. I’ve been taking a break from this forum to focus on other things. This might be my last post here, as I came here to fix my eyes & learn about looksmaxxing and I don’t see much of a reason to stick around. However, I have learned a lot of useful information from this forum, and my experience has definitely been a net positive. So I figured I should contribute this for anyone else who is in a similar position.

This is going to be a very in-depth thread on eyelid surgery, as I haven’t seen anything similar on here. If you have a shit eye area (like I did) and you want to take a calm and rational approach to improve your looks - this thread is for you. I’m not sure how long I will stick around, but my DM’s are open for now should you have further questions.

I had Eyelid Surgery with Dr. Vrcek exactly 1 month ago and it went pretty well. There is still a bit of asymmetry in the upper eyelids, which I will probably need a revision for. I was told from the beginning by the surgeons that I consulted with that the upper eyelids (Ptosis Repair) are the most difficult to get right on the first try, and sometimes need a revision.

I won’t be showing my face on this site, so please don’t ask. But here are some before/after pics I took today. Left is regular, the right is kinda squinting.

sHbxrNEq4Qdtfss9aTji0QA3nk5wUo0pkwawwZWvZy6pEXYGj3Gfx68xmAT6JLX0d27bf1c0t8icFLsludhll3qpq5m_MgCXYxxq3eERhVB5-nru_YuFFTW7fPJVtzHDzebxjXBgZ0Q4cLdxKR3ce57JAeLSHXiThf3ZKbhkZmVF8gfz17mcidShXI5PTQ
tIMucvIh0wHLr9ZeolZ7R5au1SYLH-YWkfmcREYFf0J-LFskubtnzz5rRxDc3v4ymIA7N6AKosUgrZ-pqpJ6CUGKmzJXHJwC5eEjXvXXmsBbG0PH0e-0YPWE7JLyyQ6xqFbsFDmEVyWAQSAG-Yakpzs439ogNQINf1YHzwtFzh89rqZYZgIJVcWv050MjA

The canthal tilt is actually pretty even on both eyes (neutral) but it can change depending on what angle that the camera is held at. There are other pictures near the bottom of this thread showing what my eyes looked like at different stages in the Recovery Process.

1. Myself (briefly)
  4. Why I chose Dr. Vrcek
  8. The Recovery Process
  10. Conclusions

I won’t go into much detail about myself, I doubt any of you really care. I have pretty good facial features such as my jaw, nose, skin, good hair..etc. Wheat Waffles & Nero pointed this out in the ratings that I got from them and both stated that the eye area was my biggest flaw by far. To be honest, I didn’t realize how atrocious my eye area was until after I got the surgery. My eyes looked like a mix between a Sad Puppy and a Cartoon Character.

You should only get Eyelid Surgery to correct flaws, not to improve an above average eye Area. Eyelid Surgery isn’t risky in a health sense, you’re NOT gonna go blind. However, eyelid surgery has a very small margin for error & a botched operation can leave you looking Uncanny AF. You need to evaluate whether or not the risk is worth the reward. If your eyes aren’t a striking feature, but they have no flaws – you don’t need to get eyelid surgery.

At least 5 of you have messaged me with above average eye area and asked me if you should get the same surgery - the answer is No. Stop being an Autist. A few of you have messaged with a similar eye area to my before photos - if you have a below average eye area with major flaws then you have nothing to lose. Go for it.

The procedures I needed were a Canthoplasty, Lower Lid Retraction with Alloderm Grafts, and Ptosis Repair. These 3 procedures made up my Eyelid Surgery.

I did some deep research, and came up with this list of the best eye surgeons in the U.S for these procedures and ranked them by results, reviews, and listed the city they operate in:
  1. Dr. Taban - LA
  2. Dr. Vrcek - Dallas
  3. Dr. Massry - LA
  4. Dr. Douglas - LA

Taban is the most well known oculoplastic surgeon for a reason. In addition to having great results, he is a master of Marketing. When you search for anything related to eyelid surgery, there’s a good chance that Taban’s website will pop up. I believe he is the most expensive oculoplastic surgeon too & he charges $300 for a virtual consultation. Taban is also booked out 6 months in advance for a virtual consult. So you should expect to wait for up to 1 year if you want surgery with Taban. This was not an option for me so I moved on.

Dr. Vrcek charged $150 for the virtual consultation and we got it scheduled within 3 weeks. I liked Vrcek from the start, he was sharp, knew what I was going for and we just clicked from the beginning. He has good results, a lot of which are not posted on his website. I talked with Vrcek at length about this - Taban is super aggressive on digital marketing because he has to be. LA has tons of oculoplastic surgeons & it is super competitive. Vrcek is one of the best in the U.S but most of his business comes from Dallas where there are only a few oculoplastic surgeons and he says they are all friends.

Massry (also in LA) charges $500 and is booked out for 7 months for a consultation. Once again, not an option for me. I also booked consults with Dr. Douglas and Dr. Abboud in addition to Dr. Vrcek. Both doctors had consults ready within 2 weeks. Douglas charged $150 for the virtual consultation, and Abboud was free. I think Abboud is younger and not quite as well known as the other two. Both were very knowledgeable, and had good results that they were happy to show me on the call.

If you are leaning towards a surgeon other than one of the ones I have mentioned, that's fine. DYOR & make sure your surgeon knows what they are doing. They need to have experience and good looking results with the procedures you will be getting.

In the end it was between Vrcek, Abboud, and Douglass. I chose to go with Dr. Vrcek because he quoted me the lowest total cost for the operation, he was the closest to me (2 hour flight), and like I said I just clicked with the guy.

There are 3 different categories of costs for this procedure. 1st is the surgeon fee, 2nd is the Surgery Facility fee, and 3rd is travel related expenses.

Vrcek’s fee was $7500 for the Canthoplasty, Ptosis Repair, Lower Lid Retraction. The Surgery Facility supplied the Anesthesia, Alloderm Grafts, and hospital staff and it came out to $2500. The travel ended up being about $2k (flights, hotels, rental car..etc). My dad came along & used frequent flier miles for the flights and got us a hotel & car + paid for the food. So that was nice. In total - it came out to $12k but my Dad paid for $2k of the travel expenses.

Abboud was charging $10k for the procedure and Douglas was at $13k - this includes Surgeon Fee and Facility Fee & does not include travel. I have a feeling that Dr. Massry and Dr. Taban would be in the $15-$20k range again, again not including travel.

Eyelid Surgery is about correcting flaws. I had no delusions about getting the perfect eye area because I paid a lot for surgery. My eye area was a 2/10 and I wanted to get it to a 6/10. The goal was to change my canthal tilt from (very) negative to neutral. I wanted to straighten out the lower lids and eliminate sagging, and get less upper eyelid exposure. I wasn’t going for “Hunter Eyes''. That wasn’t feasible. When you ask your surgeon to do too much, it greatly increases your chance of looking uncanny. It’s much better to opt for a few necessary procedures with conservative goals rather than slicing open the entire eyelid & hoping that everything heals back together perfectly.

My Dad & I flew into Dallas three days before the Surgery. I had an in person consultation with Dr. Vrcek two days prior to surgery, and once again everything went well. He was cool & professional but still felt like you could hold a conversation with him about casual stuff. He knew exactly what I was going for & assured me that it would look good. While sitting around Dallas my dad wanted to go out to eat a lot and this was where I got off my diet. Eating all that good Tex-Mex & Margaritas.

The day of Surgery rolled around and I got to the surgery facility at 9am. You aren’t supposed to eat or drink for 12 hours prior to Surgery, so that sucked. I filled out some paperwork and chilled in the waiting room for a couple hours. Then they took me back, hooked up an IV and I waited another 2 hours. I think I was at the facility for 4 hours before Dr. Vrcek was ready, which was a bit annoying but no biggie.

I wasn’t nervous, literally not at all. It was something I had to do & I had no control over how it went. I felt like I was in good hands. I mean it when I say I didn’t feel nervous at any point whatsoever. I was just bored and playing on my phone until they wheeled me into the surgery room. The anesthesiologist talked to me for like 2 mins, and then Dr. Vrcek came in. They laid me back & I was down for the count immediately.

I woke up in the same little room where I had been waiting for 2 hours pre surgery. My dad was there. I remember very little of this. My dad said he & Dr. Vrcek talked for a bit, and Vrcek said it went really well. Then the staff wheeled me out to our rental car and my dad drove me back to the hotel room. For the first 4 days after Surgery you are supposed to put an ice pack on your eyes for 20 minutes out of every waking hour. You are supposed to sleep on your back with your head perched above your body for 7 days after Surgery (Vrcek explained why but I forgot). So you are basically just laying in bed, icing your eyes, and resting. They also give you some painkillers (nothing good tbh I was hoping for Oxy) and a steroid called Prednisone to help with the swelling & bruising.

I didn’t feel any pain, it’s more just an annoying experience. You can’t do anything but sit around and rest. You can’t look at screens for about a week after surgery. We flew back 2 days after Surgery, and I got settled back into my apartment. For the first week or so I was pretty all over the place, mentally and emotionally. The meds were fucking with my head really hard, It didn’t help that the eyes looked uneven (because of the swelling) Dr. Vrcek explained that the eyes usually look uneven until about the 2 week mark when the swelling evens out - which was pretty true in my case. But I was tweaking out.

I would obsess over my eyes all day, probably taking 100-150 pictures per day of my eyes as there wasn’t really anything else to do but lie in bed. Looking back on it - I would have just told myself to chill the fuck out, eat a healthy diet, and listen to some self improvement podcasts or something like that. Obsessing over your surgery results - especially when the swelling is uneven + on meds like Prednisone can drive you crazy.

Here is a collection of pics of what my eyes looked like throughout Week 1. Top Pic is 1 day after surgery, Middle 3 days after. Bottom on Day 6 (kinda squinting)

aYRT1NIBpdQH0HChOmkslN06RRX9deptm5n35Lhumf02w2KRFR_h4eq7PdMfJsqWF9HCM7HGVqjAjHdDypF2lRUCrFrzdmnpaUUvXdumGiKK1n4ioa9wBl0rHCVVd1-EcJCD1QfceR-tYt-Yu_x09a3gyu83zK8qH-z9G3xr-xQfxtngFnzvAX-Kdk2n1g

As you can see they looked uneven, super bruised..etc. The first week after this surgery was tough. I’m not a mentalcel or a turbo autist like some people on this site but like I said I was all over the place. It didn't help that you’re not supposed to do ant exercise for 7-10 days until after the surgery. So I was just sitting at home, lying in bed, eating a shit diet, and trying to hang in there. Week 2 the swelling started to even out, and I really started to like the result. I got back on the diet and started lifting again on Day 12 I believe. On Day 15 I talked with Dr. Vrcek on Facetime and he reassured me that everything was looking good. I was pretty happy with the result, and resolved to just chill and make my final judgment in a few weeks. And not much has changed between Week 2 and now tbh.

Dr. Vrcek did a good job. I would give him a 9/10. He listened to me, understood what I was going for, and gave me what I wanted. He was easy to schedule a consultation with and his prices were quite fair compared to the other top oculoplastic surgeons. He’s also very accessible via Phone Call/Facetime/Email if you need to talk with him. He Facetimed me on Saturday (day after my surgery) when he wasn’t even in the office, in order to make sure that everything was going well. We’ve talked a few times since then, and overall I’m quite happy with how this all went down. The only reason the rating isn’t higher is the asymmetry in the upper eyelids. This was always a possibility and I’m not upset about it, life isn’t perfect. My eyes have improved a lot.

Are my eyes perfect? Nope. Like I said previously, I didn’t have any illusions about getting the perfect eye area. I don’t like the word “subhuman” but my before photo - fuck it they were subhuman. I’m not sure how I went through life with those eyes. It’s kind of a miracle that I was able to get laid, and get laid somewhat frequently in College? Idk man.

I would like to thank @Artemis @Looksmax305 @pcmaxing for the kind words over the recovery process. I know there were a few others but those are the ones that come to mind. And that’s it.

good thread

• +1
good thread
It was a high effort thread. Feeling like it didn't get the attention it deserves.

I need more incels to praise me for my ascension.

1. Myself (briefly)
  4. Why I chose Dr. Vrcek
  8. The Recovery Process
  10. Conclusions

1. Dr. Taban - LA
  2. Dr. Vrcek - Dallas
  3. Dr. Massry - LA
  4. Dr. Douglas - LA

Great result OP. Only tangentially related but since you gave a list of the best occuloplastic surgeons and mentioned ptosis repair, its worth noting that sometimes ptosis, or the appearance of ptosis, can be exacerbated by asymmetry in the facial anatomy, i.e. having one brow resting a couple mm's higher/lower than the other. In such cases you may want to account for doctors that are also competent in brow lifts, something that can really change your look for better or worse. In my own research I've come across Dr. David Samimi of Eyesthetica group out of Santa Monica, I'm curious whether you might've found them too during the course of your search. Again, amazing result and thanks for the write up.

Great result OP. Only tangentially related but since you gave a list of the best occuloplastic surgeons and mentioned ptosis repair, its worth noting that sometimes ptosis, or the appearance of ptosis, can be exacerbated by asymmetry in the facial anatomy, i.e. having one brow resting a couple mm's higher/lower than the other. In such cases you may want to account for doctors that are also competent in brow lifts, something that can really change your look for better or worse. In my own research I've come across Dr. David Samimi of Eyesthetica group out of Santa Monica, I'm curious whether you might've found them too during the course of your search. Again, amazing result and thanks for the write up.
Dr. Vrcek (OP's surgeon) also does brow lifts. Going soon for one

Great post. I'm thinking I'll need something like this in the future. Maybe I need to consult with Vrcek. My eyes are quite similar to your before photos and I would love to have your after results. And his prices are great. Anytime I looked into good occiplastic surgeons for this type of surgery, people commonly said 15 - 20k+, for the surgeons that celebrities get. But this looks great.

Great post. I'm thinking I'll need something like this in the future. Maybe I need to consult with Vrcek. My eyes are quite similar to your before photos and I would love to have your after results. And his prices are great. Anytime I looked into good occiplastic surgeons for this type of surgery, people commonly said 15 - 20k+, for the surgeons that celebrities get. But this looks great.
Same. Only issue is if the alloderm graft material holds up, keep seeing it fades away after awhile and that hard palate is better longterm material.

I don't see what the advantage of going to someone else vs. Vrcek is outside of that 1 concern. I mean, can you really get better results than this guy got for male eyes?

Women typically do alot more with the foxeye lifts, etc. which doesnt work on men.

Recently saw/operated on by Dr. Vrcek. (Same surgeon as OP)

He is REALLY GOOD. Excellent attitude and answers any questions you have.

100% recommend. He's Taban/Massry level in my eyes

• +1
Reactions: goatedjordan23 and Deprived
Great post, thank you

How much did it cost you? Can you dm results ?

Also interested in seeing results, but if you’re not comfortable sending pics, can you share price and what specific problem you had addressed?

• +1
Reactions: goatedjordan23