Finasteride for hair loss

coldandforgotten

coldandforgotten

Iron
So I startet fin at 18 (last year, february). I took fin 1mg for about four months and it worked great. I only started shedding after a month into my journey and the shedding lasted for like 3 weeks. After that, my shedding completely stopped and I didn’t even see one single hair strand fall out, not even in the shower.

This was great, but I didn’t wanna continue buying the 1mg for any longer because where I live (Norway), it’s expensive as shit. So i bought the finasteride 5mg tablets which is way cheaper and lasts for a long time. My plan was to cut them into 4 equal parts and take 1.25 every single day. However, I’ve been doing it since summer and my hair loss has continued since then. Being patient fucking sucks. My question is - what will happen if I just take the 5mg tablets everyday? Like Why is it only advised to not go any higher than 1/1.25 mg?

Last edited:
dawg what are you all doing to make your hair fall out so early?

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter
dawg what are you all doing to make your hair fall out so early?
I wish I knew man. But it’s genuinly one of my many few failos. Like i’m 193cm tall/skinny with a decent looking face, but my hairline is absolutely fucked.

Might be I’m more sensitive to dht

Sucks because my dad still has his hair at age 53. No bald spots either, but a receeded hairline
Is your grandfather bald on either your mother or fathers side???

Is your grandfather bald on either your mother or fathers side???
both of my grandfather had hair even in their late 70’s, However it was really thing and a shitty hairline, but no massive baldspots or anything

both of my grandfather had hair even in their late 70’s, However it was really thing and a shitty hairline, but no massive baldspots or anything
Really thin hair*

Really thin hair*
Hmm depends on when they started receding tbh. Same for your father.

Hair loss patterns I don’t think are overly correlated with genetics just the dht sensitivity itself

So I startet fin at 18 (last year, february). I took fin 1mg for about four months and it worked great. I only started shedding after a month into my journey and the shedding lasted for like 3 weeks. After that, my shedding completely stopped and I didn’t even see one single hair strand fall out, not even in the shower.

This was great, but I didn’t wanna continue buying the 1mg for any longer because where I live (Norway), it’s expensive as shit. So i bought the finasteride 5mg tablets which is way cheaper and lasts for a long time. My plan was to cut them into 4 equal parts and take 1.25 every single day. However, I’ve been doing it since summer and my hair loss has continued since then. Being patient fucking sucks. My question is - what will happen if I just take the 5mg tablets everyday? Like Why is it only advised to not go any higher than 1/1.25 mg?
Also regarding fin does the shedding only occur in the affected areas or all over???

Hmm depends on when they started receding tbh. Same for your father.

Hair loss patterns I don’t think are overly correlated with genetics just the dht sensitivity itself
True true, I’m gonna start fin 1mg again because 5mg cut into 4 pieces doesn’t work for me. However do you know what would’ve happened it i took 5mg fin daily?

True true, I’m gonna start fin 1mg again because 5mg cut into 4 pieces doesn’t work for me. However do you know what would’ve happened it i took 5mg fin daily?
5mg is the dosage usually used to treat prostate cancers and growth so I wouldn’t recommend it.

For one you’d probably experience fairly-severe side effects.

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter
Hmm okay I see…did you get any side effects???
Nah man, don’t worry about the sides. It does happen but majority of fin users rarely gets sides. It might happen tho - if you’re a part of the 10%. Also, I’ve read that it’s mostly just your imagination and that it’s all in your head. In my experience - I only felt less horny I guess, but that lasted maybe for like 2/3 weeks lol
Good luck tho if you’re about to start

• +1
Reactions: Researcher of Incel