GF said she wanted a break, a month later she wants to get back together

cutie_pie

cutie_pie

Geschsmacksverirrung
My girlfriend and I dated for two years, it started off magical and we had a best friend type of relationship, everything was perfect and we had fun together doing anything. I had never felt comfortable enough to settle down with anyone else and I really believed she was the one. Towards the end of our relationship she began to express her feelings out of pure anger and we got into a vicious cycle of her essentially cussing me out and yelling at me. We would go through the cycle of having a good week and then she would snap out of nowhere and essentially tell me I did nothing good for her. She would yell and cuss at me about her problems WEEKLY and expect me to turn around and be comfortable opening up and catering to her needs. It was never just me not caring or neglecting her feelings it’s genuinely just hard to get cussed out by someone and then turn around and try to be nice to them. She would yell at me and then expect me within the next few days to turn around and be romantic and when I didn’t she would yell about the same exact things over and over again. I’m not exaggerating to say this happened every single week and she never gave our relationship the space it needed for good things to happen. It really feels like she self sabotaged us and then she ended up breaking up with me about a month ago. She reached out to me last week and we’ve hung out everyday since. I would’ve done anything to make things right before but yesterday she told me she had kissed two guys and went out on multiple dates since we broke up and now I don’t know if I can look at her the same. She says that it was a mistake and she wishes she hadn’t done it but this happened twice. She also says being away from me made her realize that all she wants is to focus on our future together and moving forward. I really love her but after she told me all of this I kind of feel like I’ve hit a wall on wanting to be with her. What would you guys do?

I should also mention- I’m the only guy she’s ever had sex with. I’m 100% sure she hasn’t actually hooked up with anyone since we broke up but I still look at her differently for kissing a couple guys and going out on multiple dates so quickly. She went out twice a week and got hammered and immediately started posting on Instagram and doing things out of spite when I really don’t think she was in the right.

Edit- obviously there’s a lot I’m leaving out. I don’t really care for opinions on her being crazy or not. It’s way too complex for anyone to give me advice and I’ve been in a really good mindset about EVERYTHING ELSE, UNTIL, she told me she had been dating around and kissed multiple guys. My sole purpose of posting this is to try and come to a conclusion about her going out and dating the way she was immediately after our breakup. It just seems twisted… she broke up with me. Goes on three dates, kisses two guys, spends two nights a week getting wasted and then just a MONTH later walks back into my life and wants to fix things again and “realizes” that I’m everything to her. What was she looking for going out on these dates? She claims she was just filling a void and going through shit and she didn’t even want to kiss the guys, she says they kind of just leaned in unexpectedly and she felt nasty afterwards. Also says her friends and family pressured her to start going out with guys, but obviously she must’ve been asking them about it for them to do that. I just don’t know if I should tell her to get lost solely based on the way she acted after our breakup. I’ve got everything else under control. I appreciate all the comments though.

Honestly, everything was going really good, we made loads of progress and I was feeling really good about moving forward with her. She then randomly told me that I was going to have to get an STD check before we have sex again. And I found out that she had kissed the two guys and gone on a few dates. I immediately lost the feeling I had before she told me that. I don’t even look at her the same anymore, I’m not judging her or anything, it literally just comes down to wether or not I can look at her without resenting her and maybe none of you can help me come to that conclusion. The day she told me that, we had sex right after. When we kissed I basically just imagined her kissing those two guys, the sex was good, I have been looking forward to it for a long time but knowing this changed things a little. It just didn’t feel the same. Nothing feels the same anymore. I understand she was “single” and “she can do whatever she wants” but let’s get real. We only broke up for a month. I saw her a few times during our “breakup” and the only times she showed me affection was when I acted like I didn’t give a fuck about her. My dad and her are really tight and I was working with him on a regular basis so it’s not like I disappeared. I just feel a lot of resentment towards her right now and I’m looking for opinions on wether or not I should hold on to that and release her back into the wild. My thinking is that if going out and partying and all this shit was so important to her then why bother, especially after finding out about the guys.

She broke down and cried to me about this the other night, she says that the kisses were the most insignificant things that’s ever happened to her and she didn’t even really want them to happen, the guys kind of just made the move. She says that being away just made her realize that she doesn’t want to go out and date random people she has no connection with. She says that it was a huge mistake and she wishes she could take it back. She begged me to stay over at her place and I denied. My question is, why was she dating in the first place if she claims to be un attracted to anyone else? Why was she letting random guys at the bar buy her drinks then lean in and kiss her? Why did she even feel the need to go out and get drunk so often. She said that she hated me in those moments and she’s realized a-lot about herself.

For the sake of this post, let’s just assume- she went on a few dates and simply kissed two guys. If I take her back am I a fool?

Also- I don’t really believe in this whole “she was perfectly single” bullshit. We broke up for barely a month. I feel like I just got cheated on. She also stands behind her doing this stuff even though she claims it was such a huge mistake. I legit feel like I just got cheated on.

• +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: 147, Loveland, aspiringexcel and 1 other person
no one reads your daily 5 reddit threads tbh

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Loveland, standardcel, Deleted member 6128 and 11 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Loveland, aspiringexcel, thecel and 1 other person
My girlfriend and I dated for two years, it started off magical and we had a best friend type of relationship, everything was perfect and we had fun together doing anything. I had never felt comfortable enough to settle down with anyone else and I really believed she was the one. Towards the end of our relationship she began to express her feelings out of pure anger and we got into a vicious cycle of her essentially cussing me out and yelling at me. We would go through the cycle of having a good week and then she would snap out of nowhere and essentially tell me I did nothing good for her. She would yell and cuss at me about her problems WEEKLY and expect me to turn around and be comfortable opening up and catering to her needs. It was never just me not caring or neglecting her feelings it’s genuinely just hard to get cussed out by someone and then turn around and try to be nice to them. She would yell at me and then expect me within the next few days to turn around and be romantic and when I didn’t she would yell about the same exact things over and over again. I’m not exaggerating to say this happened every single week and she never gave our relationship the space it needed for good things to happen. It really feels like she self sabotaged us and then she ended up breaking up with me about a month ago. She reached out to me last week and we’ve hung out everyday since. I would’ve done anything to make things right before but yesterday she told me she had kissed two guys and went out on multiple dates since we broke up and now I don’t know if I can look at her the same. She says that it was a mistake and she wishes she hadn’t done it but this happened twice. She also says being away from me made her realize that all she wants is to focus on our future together and moving forward. I really love her but after she told me all of this I kind of feel like I’ve hit a wall on wanting to be with her. What would you guys do?

I should also mention- I’m the only guy she’s ever had sex with. I’m 100% sure she hasn’t actually hooked up with anyone since we broke up but I still look at her differently for kissing a couple guys and going out on multiple dates so quickly. She went out twice a week and got hammered and immediately started posting on Instagram and doing things out of spite when I really don’t think she was in the right.

Edit- obviously there’s a lot I’m leaving out. I don’t really care for opinions on her being crazy or not. It’s way too complex for anyone to give me advice and I’ve been in a really good mindset about EVERYTHING ELSE, UNTIL, she told me she had been dating around and kissed multiple guys. My sole purpose of posting this is to try and come to a conclusion about her going out and dating the way she was immediately after our breakup. It just seems twisted… she broke up with me. Goes on three dates, kisses two guys, spends two nights a week getting wasted and then just a MONTH later walks back into my life and wants to fix things again and “realizes” that I’m everything to her. What was she looking for going out on these dates? She claims she was just filling a void and going through shit and she didn’t even want to kiss the guys, she says they kind of just leaned in unexpectedly and she felt nasty afterwards. Also says her friends and family pressured her to start going out with guys, but obviously she must’ve been asking them about it for them to do that. I just don’t know if I should tell her to get lost solely based on the way she acted after our breakup. I’ve got everything else under control. I appreciate all the comments though.

Honestly, everything was going really good, we made loads of progress and I was feeling really good about moving forward with her. She then randomly told me that I was going to have to get an STD check before we have sex again. And I found out that she had kissed the two guys and gone on a few dates. I immediately lost the feeling I had before she told me that. I don’t even look at her the same anymore, I’m not judging her or anything, it literally just comes down to wether or not I can look at her without resenting her and maybe none of you can help me come to that conclusion. The day she told me that, we had sex right after. When we kissed I basically just imagined her kissing those two guys, the sex was good, I have been looking forward to it for a long time but knowing this changed things a little. It just didn’t feel the same. Nothing feels the same anymore. I understand she was “single” and “she can do whatever she wants” but let’s get real. We only broke up for a month. I saw her a few times during our “breakup” and the only times she showed me affection was when I acted like I didn’t give a fuck about her. My dad and her are really tight and I was working with him on a regular basis so it’s not like I disappeared. I just feel a lot of resentment towards her right now and I’m looking for opinions on wether or not I should hold on to that and release her back into the wild. My thinking is that if going out and partying and all this shit was so important to her then why bother, especially after finding out about the guys.

She broke down and cried to me about this the other night, she says that the kisses were the most insignificant things that’s ever happened to her and she didn’t even really want them to happen, the guys kind of just made the move. She says that being away just made her realize that she doesn’t want to go out and date random people she has no connection with. She says that it was a huge mistake and she wishes she could take it back. She begged me to stay over at her place and I denied. My question is, why was she dating in the first place if she claims to be un attracted to anyone else? Why was she letting random guys at the bar buy her drinks then lean in and kiss her? Why did she even feel the need to go out and get drunk so often. She said that she hated me in those moments and she’s realized a-lot about herself.

For the sake of this post, let’s just assume- she went on a few dates and simply kissed two guys. If I take her back am I a fool?

Also- I don’t really believe in this whole “she was perfectly single” bullshit. We broke up for barely a month. I feel like I just got cheated on. She also stands behind her doing this stuff even though she claims it was such a huge mistake. I legit feel like I just got cheated on.
Dnr but if a girl ever breaks up with you never take them back it shows weakness

• +1
Reactions: 147, hipobobipo, Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
Tales from the mental asylum

• JFL
Reactions: aspiringexcel and LampPostPrime
Don’t take her back

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: hipobobipo, aspiringexcel and thecel
don’t take her back absolutely not. you are her backup option. she already broke up w you and tried to date other guys and it didn’t work out so now she’s settling w you.

She would have happily moved on if she found another guy that was decent

At least you can take away from this that you are a catch but the fact that she came back to you means you have the power and upper hand and if you are strong enough, you should turn her down

But i know you are afraid of being lonely so i understand wanting to reconcile

But her toxic behavior of starting fights all the time… ask yourself if it’s really worth it to be with her

She sounds like mostly trouble and mentally unstable. It’s too bad she showed her true colors and the fairy tale beginning you guys had didn’t last

• +1
Reactions: Vidales and DubsyBanana
If you're gonna get back together, take her back until you find a better option then dump her ass.

We would go through the cycle of having a good week and then she would snap out of nowhere and essentially tell me I did nothing good for her.
It has always been like this with foid!
even a millennium+ ago, the Prophet Muhammad who was the Grand Gigachad of Arabia with 9+ wives and scores of slave girls noticed the same thing in his girls that you found. He said:
"I was shown the Hell Fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Are they ungrateful to Allah?" He replied,
"They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favours and the good done to them. If you have always been good to one of them and then she sees something in you she dislikes, she will say,
'I have never received anything good from you!."
Sahih al Bukhari 29

• +1
Reactions: 147, hipobobipo and standardcel
Don't take her back or maybe be cold asf with here until you have crazy sex with here and then you leave her

• +1
Reactions: standardcel
Shes a whore

• +1
Reactions: 147