Gonna try carnivore diet

D

Deleted member 2846

Kraken
Any tips?

also, can i drink protein powder on it? would that be okay to get some vitamins from?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BackFromTheMogging, LordNorwood and Schizoidcel
Why are you trying it? For weight loss? I think its a waste of time. As an elimination diet probably decent.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Fat cunt and Deleted member 3202
follow the diet
don't eat carbs unless bulking
don't overload on protein

lurk RP forum for diet

actually just do the vegan diet lol

Why are you trying it? For weight loss? I think its a waste of time. As an elimination diet probably decent.
less inflammation. better energy lvl’s. better mental clarity. i’m 6’ 147lbs so not for weight loss

also check my edit

less inflammation. better energy lvl’s. better mental clarity. i’m 6’ 147lbs so not for weight loss

also check my edit

I'm skeptical about the claims made about the carnivore diet. I think its just a fad. Better energy levels from cutting out carbs completely doesn't make sense imo. I think its all in their head, placebo is a powerful drug. As for protein powder, normal would be from dairy which is a big nono on the diet. Not sure what meat-based protein powder you could get a hold of.

I'm skeptical about the claims made about the carnivore diet. I think its just a fad. Better energy levels from cutting out carbs completely doesn't make sense imo. I think its all in their head, placebo is a powerful drug. As for protein powder, normal would be from dairy which is a big nono on the diet. Not sure what meat-based protein powder you could get a hold of.
why no protein powder?

why no protein powder?

Carnivore diet, afaik, is meat and water only. Eggs are also allowed I believe. Protein powder isn't meat and its also a dairy product, derived from milk protein. So its not allowed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
I highly advise against it brother.

• +1
Reactions: noped and Deleted member 5185
Carnivore diet, afaik, is meat and water only. Eggs are also allowed I believe. Protein powder isn't meat and its also a dairy product, derived from milk protein. So its not allowed.
Okay, thanks. Maybe I’ll just stick to a 0 sugar diet.

Are grains good in a diet?

Okay, thanks. Maybe I’ll just stick to a 0 sugar diet.

Are grains good in a diet?

Obviously this isn't exact science, research can't seem to agree on what we should and shouldn't eat. I think zero sugar is an intelligent approach. Not because sugar is inherently bad, but just as a safe measure against overconsumption. Its everywhere these days. Grains are recommended, oatmeal for instance is basically the healthiest you could eat for your heart and to counter diabetes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
carbohydrates are needed for proper thyroid function and metabolism.

thyroid hormone legit determines most other hormones, without sufficient thyroid hormone, your metabolism will slow down, your basal body temperature will drop and all your other hormones will drop.

the conversion of gh to IGF-1 is hindered without good amounts of T3 and T4 (thyroid hormones).

carnivore diet or no sugar diet would lead to thyroid issues.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 2846
I highly advise against it brother.
why bro?
Obviously this isn't exact science, research can't seem to agree on what we should and shouldn't eat. I think zero sugar is an intelligent approach. Not because sugar is inherently bad, but just as a safe measure against overconsumption. Its everywhere these days. Grains are recommended, oatmeal for instance is basically the healthiest you could eat for your heart and to counter diabetes.
Indeed. I made another thread to talk about diet. My goal is to have high energy levels, low inflammation, good muscle gain.

carbohydrates are needed for proper thyroid function and metabolism.

thyroid hormone legit determines most other hormones, without sufficient thyroid hormone, your metabolism will slow down, your basal body temperature will drop and all your other hormones will drop.

the conversion of gh to IGF-1 is hindered without good amounts of T3 and T4 (thyroid hormones).

carnivore diet or no sugar diet would lead to thyroid issues.
I assume no sugar diet refers to no refined sugar, not zero carb, right?

I ate a carnivore diet for a few months. It gave me very hard stools and energy wasn't as high when I was eating carbs so I had to stop.