Height gains from stretching [measured increase]

how old are you op?

so you gained that overnight? i have not heard of overnight posture fix before
I must add that I have been stretching my upper body(neck[sternaclomastoid, levator scalpula, trapezius, rhomboid, suboccciputal muscles], shoulders, chest biceps) for like 4-5 weeks dilligently up to this point, all this while I was learning what to stretch about my lower body, so it is actually the cumulative result of weeks of stretching that has crossed a threshold rn so that's why I am seeing gains I think.

It took me 5 weeks to get an overnight increment of 1.5cm-2cm.

Hopefully when I integrate back and lower body stretches, I can gain another 2cm and decompressing my spinal discs will take me across the 190cm barrier.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Usum and Pillarman
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Yerico7 and Blackout.xl
how old are you op?
Let’s not ignore the fact that he wants to gain height.
I'm not unsatisfied with my height, but I am definitely unsatisfied with my bad posture and the tightness of muscles that comes with it. But no one here cares about these fundamental things but just wants to know how much they can directly benefit from face, height , frame upon undertaking any action. The bonus benefit of doing this is that I will gain height, but it is not my primary motivation.

• +1
Reactions: Vasco-v2, CertBroly, SteveRogers and 1 other person

I'm not unsatisfied with my height, but I am definitely unsatisfied with my bad posture and the tightness of muscles that comes with it. But no one here cares about these fundamental things but just wants to know how much they can directly benefit from face, height , frame upon undertaking any action. The bonus benefit of doing this is that I will gain height, but it is not my primary motivation.
Thanks for clearing that up

fr? i'm 21 i will try to do it

• +1
Reactions: Ika-Sama
ngl I wanna do it to decompress spinal discs.
Proper foot arch, ankle joint position, optimally lengthened muscles, proper skeletal occlusion, properly decompressed and hydrated discs as well as other factors have an infinitesimal increase in height by themselves alone, but when added together they have a significant effect, like 2-3", some cases even reported upto 5.5" but I don't take it too seriously.

This thread is legit and the stuff above is all important, not even just for height but for maintaining good health & mobility as you get older. Some of you roast people who get LL for the permanent damage they're doing to their body whilst you spend the majority of your day looking like this:

That being said though, the height gain from stretching etc is

1) proportional to your current height. eg, turbo-manlets aren't going to get the same amount of height increase as a lanklet given they have equally bad posture.

2) entirely dependent on just how severe your postural issues are.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Usum, Effortless and 1 other person
Small correction.....
Pre stretching:
185 morning
183cm night

Post stretching(today):
187cm morning (9:30 am)
18?cm to be measured in around 10-12 hrs
UPDATE: So my first measurement barefoot was at 9:30 am, which was between 186cm and 187 cm (closer to 187cm)

My next measurement at 7:08 pm is at just under(like literally less than 1-2mm) 185cm :feelsautistic: :feelsautistic:I don't think I need to take a later measurement now, it is time for me to stretch anyways, can't wait till 11 to get a measurement and then stretch, cause sleepmaxxing:feelsokman:

For reference earlier I'd have a morning height of 185cm, but ended the night at around 183 cm or maybe even slightly below 183cm, but over 182cm.

Now my baseline night time height seems to be a sliver(less than 1-2mm) under 185cm and just under 187cm in the morning.

I think it is safe to assume that the height increase is permanent from postural gains
(btw for those wondering, no it was not overnight stretching, I have been doing stretches for my upper body for like 4-5 weeks, only 2 days ago I started lower body and noticed this gain so don't think this is a get tall quick scheme:feelsmega:)

@Blackout.xl @Mathafack @austrianvirgin @Latebloomer10 @wannalooksmax @john2

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Usum, HighIQcel, SteveRogers and 6 others
UPDATE: So my first measurement barefoot was at 9:30 am, which was between 186cm and 187 cm (closer to 187cm)

My next measurement at 7:08 pm is at just under(like literally less than 1-2mm) 185cm :feelsautistic: :feelsautistic:I don't think I need to take a later measurement now, it is time for me to stretch anyways, can't wait till 11 to get a measurement and then stretch, cause sleepmaxxing:feelsokman:

For reference earlier I'd have a morning height of 185cm, but ended the night at around 183 cm or maybe even slightly below 183cm but more than 182cm.

Now my baseline night time height seems to be a sliver(less than 1-2mm) under 185cm and just under 187cm in the morning.

I think it is safe to assume that the height increase is permanent from postural gains
(btw for those wondering, no it was not overnight stretching, I have been doing stretches for my upper body for like 4-5 weeks, only 2 days ago I started lower body and noticed this gain so don't think this is a get tall quick scheme:feelsmega:)

keep up the stretchmaxxing op

• +1
Reactions: diggbicc
So I regularly measure myself in the morning and night and clock in at about 185cm barefoot and 183-184cm barefoot at these times respectively. I had been studying about back and pelvic muscle systems and figured out that my muscles were way too tight coupled with pronation of my feet(eversion, dorsi-flexion and abduction) as well as a slight arch drop.

There are a couple of muscles such as the
  • erector spinae
  • quadratus lumborum
  • hamstrings
  • illiacus
  • psoas
  • hamstrings
  • glutes
View attachment 394095View attachment 394096View attachment 394097
When these muscles are imbalanced and too tight lead to kyphotic-lordotic curves in the spine and uneven hips coupled with a nutated sacrum causing pelvic-tilt, which can effectively reduce your height significantly.
I only stretched my hamstrings and erector spinae and quadratus lumborum just before sleeping, and the stretches were just one set each so not something significant.When I woke up the today, I felt a lot taller and straighter, which prompted me to measure myself, all this while my highest morning height was 185 cm only, but today it was

186.5-187cm:feelsautistic::feelsautistic:

This is really encouraging, only with half hearted stretches I straight up gained 2cm to be just under 6'2". Hopefully when I target all these postural muscles I can gain another 2-3 cm, which is not uncommon as many people have reported gains of upto 5-7cm from rigorous and regular stretching and strengthening of these postural muscles

Hopefully this means I can stretch to be 190-192cm

EDIT: ROUTINES

EDIT 2: To all the curiouscels, I didn't grow to 187cm , I just stretched to allow me to stand straighter and expose more of my actual height.

@EthnicelAscension @Simone Nobili @Rob Paul'sHeight

Hey are you low bf?Have you noticed better ab definition?I am doing stretching mainly for abs and losing sticky butt.Fixing posture can totally reduce lower belly and give better upper ab definition.

• +1
This thread is legit and the stuff above is all important, not even just for height but for maintaining good health & mobility as you get older.

Yeah ik most people(like 90%) don't even have their feet properly aligned, let alone the entire postural kinetic chain that keeps their body erect, I will make a post on how to correct literally every single muscle from your toe to tongue. If you don't have a fluid kinetic chain, your muscles will have a fight-back effect that will cause your body to further wind up, even your face is affected by this as fascial chains in the toe are connected to your head and neck.
Your average looksmax user's feet and

If those muscles are not in balance, especially your platsyma and aponeurosis of the scalp, you will have facial recession and restricted blood flow to the front of your scalp which will cause norwooding. The more I learn, the more I realise that most of todays issues like weak jaws and hair loss are not primarily genetic. A tight platysma guarantees that you will have a retruded and weak mandible due to the backward and downward force.

Platysma

Aponeurae(1)
Hey are you low bf?Have you noticed better ab definition?I am doing stretching mainly for abs and losing sticky butt.Fixing posture can totally reduce lower belly and give better upper ab definition.
I am skinny but wouldn't say low bf, like 15-18%. What I have noticed is a more symmetric abdomen with a slight increase in definition and no pot belly, bit more level hips, oh and earlier only my left side of the adonis belt could be see, but now even my right side is appearing.

Adonis belt(circled)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Yerico7, Usum, Effortless and 4 others
Too lazy to do all these stretches just for 1cm better use insoles lol

Ok, you do you boo
I mean 1 cm doesnt make a difference in person, just for the ruler. No one’s gonna notice plus 1 cm. 3 then we’re talking

Used these stretches and my dick went from 4 inches to 12 over ngl

Good thread tho op I will try it out tbh

Good height for an Indian, even in the west

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and diggbicc

For reference earlier I'd have a morning height of 185cm, but ended the night at around 183 cm or maybe even slightly below 183cm, but over 182cm.

Ok I didn't stretch yet and waited till 10:14pm and measured again, still a sliver(1-2mm) under 185cm so it did work without a doubt :feelsautistic: :feelsokman::feelsez:

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
no .5cm of height after hours of work for your face

172467-dc94bd0809343fbdab49d8d5f68b4737.jpg

giphy.gif

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LowTierNormie and DutchPrettyBoy
No stretches for your face

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd
Absolutely just lying To cope

• +1
Reactions: Sobercel
Some people report height increases from glucosamine supplementation, probably due to increased lubrication of the intervertebral discs

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, LowTierNormie and diggbicc
Absolutely just lying To cope
?
Some people report height increases from glucosamine supplementation, probably due to increased lubrication of the intervertebral discs
I'll try that after I have completed stretching to max potential, till then I'll have time to research, I heard some people got bad sides from it. I spoke to a guy on reddit who took glucosamine at age 28 and said he went from 181cm to 183cm. I am open to trying it but after I do some homework, if the sides are Fin tier, then no thanks.

Last edited:
  • +1
You said half hearted but those routine videos combined have probably got an hours worth of stretches in them..

• +1
You said half hearted but those routine videos combined have probably got an hours worth of stretches in them..
the stretches in the videos I showed take only 10 mins, at least thats what it takes me

?

I'll try that after I have completed stretching to max potential, till then I'll have time to research, I heard some people got bad sides from it. I spoke to a guy on reddit who took glucosamine at age 28 and said he went from 181cm to 183cm. I am open to trying it but after I do some homework, if the sides are Fin tier, then no thanks.
sides fom glucosamine ...cmon must be a joke i used to overdose on glucosamine/ chondroitine to see if i could retain my morning height and got none and btw it didn't prevent my spine from compressing 1 inch.

i got the exact same mesurement than you op 185 and compress up to 182.5 at night so you're doing all the streches shown in your videos?

thanks

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and SteveRogers
the stretches in the videos I showed take only 10 mins, at least thats what it takes me
are these the only stretches you did?
Yeah ik most people(like 90%) don't even have their feet properly aligned, let alone the entire postural kinetic chain that keeps their body erect, I will make a post on how to correct literally every single muscle from your toe to tongue. If you don't have a fluid kinetic chain, your muscles will have a fight-back effect that will cause your body to further wind up, even your face is affected by this as fascial chains in the toe are connected to your head and neck.
Your average looksmax user's feet and
View attachment 394644View attachment 394646

If those muscles are not in balance, especially your platsyma and aponeurosis of the scalp, you will have facial recession and restricted blood flow to the front of your scalp which will cause norwooding. The more I learn, the more I realise that most of todays issues like weak jaws and hair loss are not primarily genetic. A tight platysma guarantees that you will have a retruded and weak mandible due to the backward and downward force.
View attachment 394652View attachment 394654

Platysma

View attachment 394658View attachment 394659
Aponeurae(1)

I am skinny but wouldn't say low bf, like 15-18%. What I have noticed is a more symmetric abdomen with a slight increase in definition and no pot belly, bit more level hips, oh and earlier only my left side of the adonis belt could be see, but now even my right side is appearing.
View attachment 394667
Adonis belt(circled)
and also, is the person in the picture you? if yes then :what:

• +1
Reactions: CopeTilliRope
are these the only stretches you did?
I must add that I have been stretching my upper body(neck[sternaclomastoid, levator scapula, trapezius, rhomboid, suboccciputal muscles], shoulders, chest biceps) for like 4-5 weeks diligently up to this point, all this while I was learning what to stretch about my lower body, so it is actually the cumulative result of weeks of stretching that has crossed a threshold rn so that's why I am seeing gains I think.

It took me 5 weeks to get an overnight increment of 1.5cm-2cm.
Oh and also my neck looks more muscular and robust with the stretches and subsequent exercises. Now I can actually see more definition, somewhat like this.
and also, is the person in the picture you? if yes then :what:
The one with the abs? no, it is an image from google, just to highlight what can be seen.

• +1
Reactions: YoungRichNigga
I'm 5,5ft... Not sure if this would apply to me.

• +1
I'm 5,5ft... Not sure if this would apply to me.

That being said though, the height gain from stretching etc is

1) proportional to your current height. eg, turbo-manlets aren't going to get the same amount of height increase as a lanklet given they have equally bad posture.

2) entirely dependent on just how severe your postural issues are.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
If height increase is proportional than what's the best a Lanklet can achieve & that of a manlet? Approximately so to speak.

If height increase is proportional than what's the best a Lanklet can achieve & that of a manlet? Approximately so to speak.
I'm guessing 6'+ guys can get 2-4"[depending on how bad posture is]
and manlets would get like 1-2"[depending on how bad posture is]

I'm guessing 6'+ guys can get 2-4"[depending on how bad posture is]
and manlets would get like 1-2"[depending on how bad posture is]

If they've got scoliosis that's a possibility although some same 20% is mild. However mine can be seen though so I suspect it's higher than that.

Hmm. I'll look into it. Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

If they've got scoliosis that's a possibility although some same 20% is mild. However mine can be seen though so I suspect it's higher than that.

Hmm. I'll look into it. Thanks for getting the ball rolling.
see this ebook, it's free and explains how scoliosis is propogated by muscular-skeletal imbalances and can be corrected, good read.

• +1
Reactions: Littleboy and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Even if I'm not really interested in gaining height, I really needed that ankle mobility drill. At this point my body posture is almost flawless, but I'll still try all these stretches as I don't have anything to lose.

Thanks OP.

• +1
Even if I'm not really interested in gaining height, I really needed that ankle mobility drill. At this point my body posture is almost flawless.
Like you have retracted scapulae, head, ears and shoulders in line?

• +1
Reactions: Dios
Like you have retracted scapulae, head, ears and shoulders in line?

Yes, to get results from mewing you must have legit god-tier aligned upper body posture, however since I started sprinting I realized my lower body, (specially the ankles) are either weak or have some underlying problem, I checked your thread earlier and tried the ankle routine and it gave me a good relief sensation so I'll keep doing it.

Yes, to get results from mewing you must have legit god-tier aligned upper body posture
Yeah ik, that is why I am posturemaxxing. How did you achieve god-tier upper body posture?

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: Dios
see this ebook, it's free and explains how scoliosis is propogated by muscular-skeletal imbalances and can be corrected, good read.

Very interesting & Book marked.

I take it body posture & straightening of the spine is essential to jogging & running?

Yeah ik, that is why I am posturemaxxing. Hw did you achieve god-tier upper body posture?

I would get super conscious about my posture 24/7 for 3 weeks until I got it unconsciously, I started to get serious with the mewing as I saw some light results, it will sound weird, but after some time your body will start to crave the good posture automatically, it's like you have this underlying functionality instinct.

Pelvis aligned with the neck, chest out, retracted scapulae, head straight, and tongue automatically will do the pressure by itself.

However don't be like me, I neglected my lower body for all my life, and now I'm realizing how weak it got, when it should be the strongest part.

• +1
Reactions: Usum