High Gonial Angle is Ideal (For Most Guys)

MisterMercedes

MisterMercedes

Kraken
DF5EE0A3 D61D 4A54 BD49 08B2B718F6F6

Christian Bale has an average ramus and a pretty high gonial angle, so his jaw still has good vertical projection.

Giving him a low gonial angle while maintaining the ramus height:

4510E8C9 8F7D 4601 AE2F 89FD48D5386C

Looks shit.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, RecessedPrettyboy, Deleted member 9344 and 9 others
The only way to maintain ramus height and lowering gonial angle is to shorten the chin which usually looks like shit. Usually a longer ramus is accompanied by a longer chin.

The real question is, if you can pick any combination of ramus height, chin height and gonial angle, what is the perfect one? I'd say chin height is derived by philtrum/chin height ratio of 2-2.5 with max 20% greater lower third than middle third and gonions placed at around mouth opening level or as low as aligned with bottom of lower lip. At that point, ramus is fixed and so is gonial angle.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deprived, 000, Deleted member 3202 and 4 others
He needs a lower gonial angle but with longer ramus

• +1
Reactions: Deprived, Deleted member 756, Fath0039 and 7 others
The only way to maintain ramus height and lowering gonial angle is to shorten the chin which usually looks like shit. Usually a longer ramus is accompanied by a longer chin.

The real question is, if you can pick any combination of ramus height, chin height and gonial angle, what is the perfect one? I'd say chin height is derived by philtrum/chin height ratio of 2-2.5 with max 20% greater lower third than middle third and gonions placed at around mouth opening level or up to bottom of power lip. At that point, ramus is fixed and so is gonial angle.
You’re a fool if you chin is the reason it looks shit.

just a reminder that this guy thinks he's smart

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker, arabcelxxx, Deprived and 23 others
just a reminder that this guy thinks he's smart
It’s cute how you’re this obsessed with me. You’ve commented on every one of my posts since you lost the debate.

• +1
Reactions: athnico
Terrible observation. I have the same jaw angle as Christian Bale and my morphs with better ramus look great.

Terrible observation. I have the same jaw angle as Christian Bale and my morphs with better ramus look great.
Did I ever say that a taller ramus would make higher gonial angle worse? I said if you have a bale level ramus, a higher gonial angle is better. Don’t strawman.

It's not about being ideal, it's about facial harmony.

• +1
Reactions: Deprived, Good_Little_Goy and Sikkunt23
It's not about being ideal, it's about facial harmony.
The only definition I’ve heard for harmony is ideal ratios, which is obvious and not at all contradictory with having a tall ramus and low gonial angle.

The only definition I’ve heard for harmony is ideal ratios, which is obvious and not at all contradictory with having a tall ramus and low gonial angle.
You heard a bad definition. Facial harmony is why PSL autist can't comprehend why most of the time their morph for better features looks worse, it's basically features working better with other features. Example, chico's high eyebrow isn't ideal, but it works well to highlight his eyearea, it wouldn't work if he had the same eyeshape as sean o'pry for example

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deprived, tyronelite and Good_Little_Goy
  • +1
Reactions: Copeful
You heard a bad definition. Facial harmony is why PSL autist can't comprehend why most of the time their morph for better features looks worse, it's basically features working better with other features. Example, chico's high eyebrow isn't ideal, but it works well to highlight his eyearea, it wouldn't work if he had the same eyeshape as sean o'pry for example
How would the ideal jaw morph make Bale look worse though?

Also I think Chico’s eyebrows work for the opposite reason. His eye area isn’t as hunter as the other male models popular on this forum, so less hunter eyebrows work better.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Why the fuck would anyone want to do that? Long ramus is masculine
You idiot. The point is low gonial angle isn’t ideal if you don’t have a tall Ramus. In this case, Bale.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: GigaMogger, Deleted member 5912 and thecel
Also I think Chico’s eyebrows work for the opposite reason. His eye area isn’t as hunter as the other male models popular on this forum, so less hunter eyebrows work better.
I'm failing to understand how is that the opposite of what I said but at least you understood the concept of facial harmony. His eyebrows aren't generally the ideal, but they work better than the ideal in his case

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and thecel
I'm failing to understand how is that the opposite of what I said but at least you understood the concept of facial harmony. His eyebrows aren't generally the ideal, but they work better than the ideal in his case
Right, but not because they “highlight his eye area”. They fit his eye area as it isn’t as hunter as the others.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and thecel
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: GigaMogger, Deleted member 5081, Good_Little_Goy and 1 other person
You idiot. The point is low gonial angle isn’t ideal if you don’t have a tall Ramus. In this case, Bale.

No shit. That’s like saying saying wide cheekbones aren’t ideal if you don’t have wide enough IPD, or an infraglabellar notch isn’t ideal if you don’t have a projected brow ridge.

This thread is pure H2O. All you’re saying is “X does not look good if you don’t have the thing(s) you need for X to look good.”

When people say a certain feature is ideal, they’re implying that one would also have the prerequisites that make it look good. For example, “chin in front of the brow ridge is ideal.” When someone says that, you know he means the maxilla should be forward as well. There’s no need to make a post saying “chin in front of brow ridge is not ideal if your subnasale isn’t in front of the brow ridge too.”

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: arabcelxxx, Newkid, draco and 2 others
No shit. That’s like saying saying wide cheekbones aren’t ideal if you don’t have wide enough IPD, or an infraglabellar notch isn’t ideal if you don’t have a projected brow ridge.

This thread is pure H2O. All you’re saying is “X does not look good if you don’t have the thing(s) you need for X to look good.”

When people say a certain feature is ideal, they’re implying that one would also have the prerequisites to make it look good. For example, “chin in front of the brow ridge is ideal.” When someone says that, you know he means the maxilla should be forward as well. There’s no need to make a post saying “chin in front of brow ridge is not ideal if your subnasale isn’t in front of the brow ridge too.”
It is necessary when people on this forum obsess over having a square jaw without realizing that that looks shit without vertical projection. Be quiet you boneless monkey.

• JFL
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Copeful and thecel

The real question is, if you can pick any combination of ramus height, chin height and gonial angle, what is the perfect one? I'd say chin height is derived by philtrum/chin height ratio of 2-2.5 with max 20% greater lower third than middle third and gonions placed at around mouth opening level or as low as aligned with bottom of lower lip. At that point, ramus is fixed and so is gonial angle.
yeah exactly, making the jaw deformed by replicating the effect of bone shaving and shortening the chin doesnt mean that the before (high gonial angle) is ideal
well developed ramus + balanced chin = ideal
high gonial angle correlates with either downward growth or underdeveloped ramus, both of which are bad

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
yeah exactly, making the jaw deformed by replicating the effect of bone shaving and shortening the chin doesnt mean that the before (high gonial angle) is ideal
well developed ramus + balanced chin = ideal
high gonial angle correlates with either downward growth or underdeveloped ramus, both of which are bad
Of course the ideal is a tall ramus and a low gonial angle. However, if you don’t have a tall ramus (most guys don’t), you most likely aren’t getting one, and. A higher finial angle creates more vertical projection whereas a low one looks childlike.

is this a different woman?
regardless he looks really shit in this pic lol
Yes and good job ignoring the point. He pulls. He’s not an incel.

Be quiet you boneless monkey.

Keep fucking barking at him, he’s made countless insightful contributions to looks theory.

He IQ-mogs your pretentious ass to fucking Harvard and back.

Inb4 substantive response, great comeback, boneless monkey, quiet the adults are talking, I’m your daddy, etc etc.

A65DEEE6 6F1E 466A 87F5 8EE07F40C147

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
Yes and good job ignoring the point. He pulls. He’s not an incel.
are you surprised
that was back in 80s and he was famous as well

times changed fam

Keep fucking barking at him, he’s made countless insightful contributions to looks theory.

He IQ-mogs your pretentious ass to fucking Harvard and back.

Inb4 substantive response, great comeback, boneless monkey, quiet the adults are talking, I’m your daddy, etc etc.

View attachment 565798
Are you still here? Are you trying to make daddy proud? You’ve lost my interest you dumb chimp.

are you surprised
that was back in 80s and he was famous as well

times changed fam
Imagine thinking what traits people find attractive changed in 20 years. That’s not how evolution works. Are you an idiot?

Imagine thinking what traits people find attractive changed in 20 years. That’s not how evolution works. Are you an idiot?
are you proper dumb fam

it's not what traits are attractive it's what you can fucking get away with

back then girls had to choose out of people in her area and that they knew

now there is tinder and Chad is a swipe away

Hypergamy has increased

• +1
Reactions: Copeful
are you proper dumb fam

it's not what traits are attractive it's what you can fucking get away with

back then girls had to choose out of people in her area and that they knew

now there is tinder and Chad is a swipe away

Hypergamy has increased
That doesn’t mean they would hook up with people they found repulsive, which is what being an incel is, which is what you claimed Bale is.

Did I ever say that a taller ramus would make higher gonial angle worse? I said if you have a bale level ramus, a higher gonial angle is better. Don’t strawman.
How does one have a low gonial angle with a short ramus? Makes no sense unless shortface syndrome.

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
That doesn’t mean they would hook up with people they found repulsive, which is what being an incel is, which is what you claimed Bale is.
The level of men around women determines who they find repulsive and attractive.

bale is sligtly below average

also he is boosted by status
and he is also 6ft, average height in the 80's was 5'7''-5'9''