How do you stay motivated to work out?

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
In the beginning of June, I started a home workout routine. I’ve been doing full-body workouts 3 times a week and running 4 times a week (on the days I don’t work out).

Unfortunately, lately my motivation and energy has been declining. I used to put in my best effort in my workouts and consistently wake up on time in the morning to exercise; but now I’m always snoozing my alarm clock, I’m resting much longer between sets than I’m supposed to (also doing fewer reps and sometimes skipping exercises for less “important” muscles like calves), and I don’t have enough willpower to go outside to run.

How do I get out of this slump and get back on track with my workout plan?

What do you guys do to stay motivated to gymmax?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: W0KESTMOTHF, Deleted member 5583 and Deleted member 6963
Just think of it like you'll die if you don't, do stuff survival mode

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7806, Oueyy, SPFromNY914 and 2 others
Just think of it like you'll die if you don't, do stuff survival mode

I tried something similar before to lowinhibmax. I thought “if I don’t talk to my crush I’m gonna be a permavirgin and die alone” but it didn’t work. I’m still high-inhib today

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5583
All that anger and energy has to go somewhere, so that motivates me.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 6873
All that anger and energy has to go somewhere, so that motivates me.
^This

And after multiple ratings i concluded muscles + tan would ascend me

• +1
Reactions: sytyl, thecel and Bitch
Tbh You just do it so much it doesn't take much motivation for you to do it. Like brushing your teeth or something.

Also make sure you are working out as optimally as possible so you can see progress and that motivates you more than anything else. Cuz you can go months without progress if you are training like shit and eating like shit and that just discourages you alot.

Also try mental games. When you feel lazy to workout look at puc of a bitch that rejected you or some shit and stare at it till you mind fuck yourself to go work out.

If you hop on a stict program like strong lifts 5x5, it will be easy to stay consistent cuz you have specific goals to hit that day. Also if yiu don't like strong lifts 5x5 you can pick other free program spreadsheets from lift vault. Com

• +1
Reactions: thecel
i try but its hard im a lazy ass

• +1
Nofap unironically

• +1
Reactions: RaciallyAndrogynous, Lars, Deleted member 6867 and 1 other person
i think about how average i am and then think about ascension

• +1
Reactions: Oueyy, Warlow and thecel
It doesn't have to be extreme unless you want to be huge, just do normal exercise which shouldn't be extremely painful and it'll give you good results and you'll keep up with it.

• +1
Put on ear buds and blast hype music, for me mostly hardbass.
First couple times its rough if you didnt do sports as a kid.
When you get better at it and less anxiety around the act of exercising, you can get into the mindstate of purely focusing on movements it feels a lot better.
It helps suppress the depression as well as feeling good as fuck when you see the results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6572 and thecel
take 200mg caffeine pills and going to a real gym is way more motivation than doing it at home

• +1
In the beginning of June, I started a home workout routine. I’ve been doing full-body workouts 3 times a week and running 4 times a week (on the days I don’t work out).

Unfortunately, lately my motivation and energy has been declining. I used to put in my best effort in my workouts and consistently wake up on time in the morning to exercise; but now I’m always snoozing my alarm clock, I’m resting much longer between sets than I’m supposed to (also doing fewer reps and sometimes skipping exercises for less “important” muscles like calves), and I don’t have enough willpower to go outside to run.

You'll die if you don't workout. Also quit gaming, you can't really efficiently game,gymmax,work, and have a social life outside. It's either gaming or gym unless you don't work

• +1
Reactions: thecel and BASEDZAHEER

The key is to make it a habit that way you don't need motivation. It's hard to be motivated 24/7 but after a while your habits become almost unconscious, they say it takes a month of doing something everyday to reach that point

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Need2Ascend, thecel and SPFromNY914
99D6125A 3A98 4902 B554 2C9BCE751BB2

• +1
Reactions: Soulrack and thecel
Zyzz is watching you brah

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Pumanator
After a while it becomes therapeutic to work out. After you start seeing good results you get insane motivation to keep going

• +1
Reactions: BASEDZAHEER, PYT and thecel
Well you could try to change things up. I dont like to run so i ride a bike. You dont like bikes? Start boxing. Maybe you dont like to go to the gym so you do calisthenics instead. Maybe you could go throw some sand bags and stones outside? I like to switch things up. For me working out is not only about becoming good looking. Youll achieve a good looking body in 1-2 years. For me its about having a healthy body for as long as possible. I also want to become a fighter pilot so i have to train in order to pass the physical requirements. Also, working out does become more fun when you get good at it.

Last edited:
  • +1
I usually do sports to keep in shape. Its much more entertaining.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Saoirsecel
Its rotting here of trying to ascend by gym maxing. Decision easy made

• +1
  • JFL
I'm lucky in this regard, I never needed to stay motivated to work out, I simply just enjoyed it. Been doing it for a decade.

To be fair though, I'm not gonna lie, especially the last couple years, it has gotten a bit harder. It's not every time you feel like going to the gym, but in those cases you just force it and go.

Another thing is, if you're not feeling that motivated like I'm currently nowadays, don't hit the gym every day or 5-6 days a week. That's what I did when Iwas younger and truly enjoyed it. Nowadays I hit the gym 2-3 times a week. This way it's easier to force when you go and easier to keep momentum and onsisteny up instead of feeling burned and drained all the time.

• +1
Make it part of your daily life, same as eat, sleep, brushing teeth, shower.
go with a friend
plan something to do after gym that you can look forward to
some people, as above, simply enjoy the process and don't need motivation for gym, needing gym motivation is a genetic failo

• +1