How Focal Length Works.

Korea

Korea

Verified Female
This is a small continuation of my previous thread.

Lens Distortion Thread.

Now I'm not going to lie, I thought that thread was pretty good. Basically laid out in plain english, how Lens Distortion can alter measurments upwards of 15mm.

The last bit of confusion is that some users believed that 6 FT is actually OK. And that I was "Coping" (lol).

"When you stand 6ft away from the camera, there's no distortion".

This statement is 100% false for the greater population of people who cannot afford phones with Telephoto Lenses.

Alright, so the thread actually starts right now.

Take a look at these pictures.
2757943 mJqIwLT Imgur
Red barn sequence
Understanding focal length and camera zoom

What do you think is causing the change in Focal Length?

If you guessed.

"Well, the guy moved further awaty from the camera obviously"
or
"The person with the camera simply stepped back to get more in the shot"

You're extremely wrong lol.

What is Focal Length?

"The focal length of the lens is the distance between the lens and the image sensor when the subject is in focus"

By definition, this should clearly put out to you, that the distance between you and the camera doesn't alter it's focal length AT ALL. Actually, stepping out of your cameras Focal Length has diminishing returns.

This means, that the distance between you and the camera, DOES NOT alter the Focal Length outside of its set range.

P.S. If you can't comphrehend the above sentences, I don't even know how to help you bro.

Now that you actually now what Focal Length is, time for me to tell you why stepping out of your smartphones Focal Length has diminishing returns.

This is the simplest part actually.

The camera can no longer fucking see you lol. If begins to warp the image to adjust to this "thing" in the center, thus exaggerating perspective.

Ok, most people probably now think I just want them to throw away their phones lol.

I'll put up some great ways to take photos....with cameras equipped with Telephoto Lenses. If you have a Wide Angle Lens just save yourself the depression. You gain nothing from taking photos.

1.) Mirror Pictures.
-Mirror Selfies are probably the best way to take a picture of yourself. The lighthing is almost always perfect, and Telephoto + Mirror picture is dead accurate on your face.

2.) Selfie Stick + Rear Camera.
-This is the method pretty much all of your favorite "Chads" use for their photos aka "Selfies". As I've said multiple times, the Telephoto Lens is the best, you think models don't know this lol?

All you gotta do is prop your phone on a selfie stick on use the rear cam. You should be able to create atleast 5ft of distance with this method. The distortion is next to none.

If you have any questions or disagree with what I said in this thread lmk.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, Be_ConfidentBro, Racky and 8 others
Is it true that a front camera mirror selfie is the most realistic interpretation on your looks?

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend, ItsOver.com and Korea
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17829, thereallegend, ItsOver.com and 1 other person
IF YOU HAVE A TELEPHOTO LENS. YES.
Dunno what that is but even on my oldcel iPhone 6 a mirror pic makes me look better

• JFL
Reactions: ItsOver.com and Korea
Dunno what that is but even on my oldcel iPhone 6 a mirror pic makes me look better
Yea, you'll look "better" from a normal selfie lol.

With a camera that prehistoric, there's no world where it can truly represent your face lmao.

• JFL
Reactions: Moggedbyevery1
Yea, you'll look "better" from a normal selfie lol.

With a camera that prehistoric, there's no world where it can truly represent your face lmao.
Bro that camera is still pretty good, I swapped it with a more recent android and the quality was better jfl

• +1
Reactions: Korea
Bro that camera is still pretty good, I swapped it with a more recent android and the quality was better jfl
It's better because Apple made a better OS (iOS).

BTW, the camera isn't good lol.

It's an 8MP at 30mm Focal Length.

The good cams are on the 12 pro or 13 pro. Those cams are fuckin insane bro lol.

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and Moggedbyevery1
I'll take this info as "I hope I don't look worse irl, not gonna bother buying a better phone/a camera" (y):lul: . I prefer how I look in the mirror proportion/ratio wise, but I dno

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, ItsOver.com and Korea
I'll take this info as "I hope I don't look worse irl, not gonna bother buying a better phone/a camera" (y):lul: . I prefer how I look in the mirror proportion/ratio wise, but I dno
Yea, your ratios or proportions aren't distorted in the mirror at all lol.

• +1
Reactions: Constantin Denis, ItsOver.com and Deleted member 3946
@one job away

I see you've arrived pal...

Thoughts on this thread?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

does that mean that our face is that of the mirror and not of the selfie?

• +1
does that mean that our face is that of the mirror and not of the selfie?
YES. THE MIRROR IS HOW YOU LOOK.

SMARTPHONE CAMERAS FUCKING SUCK.

END. OF. STORY.

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, Constantin Denis, Deleted member 15827 and 3 others
Just buy a phone wit flipping camera and telephoto lens and you'd be goated too bad Iphone didn't make one yet :hnghn:

• JFL
Just buy a phone wit flipping camera and telephoto lens and you'd be goated too bad Iphone didn't make one yet :hnghn:
lmao yea. Telephoto Lenses are too large to put on the front screen without looking retarded.

I highly recommend the selfie stick method if you have a god tier phone tho.

You will never take a bad picture.

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com
@one job away

I see you've arrived pal...

Thoughts on this thread?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just take a ruler, place it 6 feet away, take shots with front and back camera. Then scale it so they fit ontop Of each other. If you cannot do that then they are distorted. But you can do that since out of 2 meters you have basically no distortion. Stop the cope.

• JFL
  • +1
For us ugly niggas even good picture is a bad one :owo:
at least there's finally no distortion so you can get accurately rated by Korea.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard and ItsOver.com
Just take a ruler, place it 6 feet away, take shots with front and back camera. Then scale it so they fit ontop Of each other. If you cannot do that then they are distorted. But you can do that since out of 2 meters you have basically no distortion. Stop the cope.
I actually agree fully with this statement if said camera is using a Telephoto Lens.

This method is very popular for detecting distortion in photos used for plastic sugery patients.

The truth is, wide angle lenses aren't made for portraiture.

You should try to understand my threads before you call "Cope"

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and ItsOver.com
at least there's finally no distortion so you can get accurately rated by Korea.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
As one wise balkan black man once said "Every looksmax is a looksmin bro" @Ada Mustang 2021 :ogre:

• JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22 and Korea
imagine taking distorted pictures and you make surgeries for nothing just to end up botched by Eppley.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Merćer, Deleted member 17829, Danish_Retard and 4 others
imagine taking distorted pictures and you make surgeries for nothing just to end up botched by Eppley.
That's why the shit that "one job away" says exists lol.

The ruler method is useful for making approximates, but 100% of true plastic surgery consultations are in person.

For this very reason, Lens Distortion.

I actually am in true disbelief, that someone could call such common knowledge "cope".

• +1
Reactions: rr93
YES. THE MIRROR IS HOW YOU LOOK.

SMARTPHONE CAMERAS FUCKING SUCK.

END. OF. STORY.
Tbh, anyone who has seen a family member of his in the mirror and then saw that same family member on a smartphone camera could have figured this out.
It's obvious that the mirror is more realistic.

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman and Korea
Tbh, anyone who has seen a family member of his in the mirror and then saw that same family member on a smartphone camera could have figured this out.
Thank You.

I can't actually believe I'm getting called a coper on this and my last Lens Distortion thread.

People really think a 8MP 1.2ap 26mm Focal Length camera is more accurate than a mirror.

In damn near any situation, the mirror will be a trillion times more accurate.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and WhiteGoodman
"Mirror is cope bro!!" Yet my family/friends look exactly the same to me in the mirror as well as in person.

• +1
Reactions: metagross and Korea
"Mirror is cope bro!!" Yet my family/friends look exactly the same to me in the mirror as well as in person.
I deadass have no clue how people can say this with a straight face.
:lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:

"muh im just blackpilled bro"

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman
I deadass have no clue how people can say this with a straight face.
:lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:

"muh im just blackpilled bro"
Mirror is cope.

Why Mirrors "lie"

I went over a lot of it in why #1 Why true mirrors lie as well. Basicly since you see yourself every day you become familiar with that appearance and familiar = more attractive than it actually is. Besides that there are two other important factors.

Looking in the mirror, we usually focus on a particular part of our face like our lips, nose, eyes, etc., and we don’t realize how it looks all together. When looking at a pic, on the other hand, we perceive everything at once.

ec7b32544f97dff487db2182e8-jpg.1116056

That goes for every interaction with a person in real life as well so it's somewhat close to what others see in person. It's a result of our brains not being able to look at an entire face at once.
There is one major thing that makes the mirror our best looking version tho.
The live corrections also comes into play and will affect you depending on your mood. That corrections is by far the strongest for ourselves. Overall a mirror makes you appear better looking than you are. The improved self perception is also proved by Epley.

Spoiler

You Are Less Beautiful Than You Think

Dove's viral video gets it wrong
www.scientificamerican.com
In a series of studies, Epley and Whitchurch showed that we see ourselves as better lookingthan we actually are. The researchers took pictures of study participants and, using a computerized procedure, produced more attractive and less attractive versions of those pictures

People tend to say that an attractively enhanced picture is their own, but Epley and Whitchurch wanted to be sure that people truly believe what they say. People recognize objects more quickly when those objects match their mental representations. Therefore, if people truly believe that an attractively enhanced picture is their own, they should recognize that picture more quickly, which is exactly what the researchers found.

• +1
Mirror is cope.

Why Mirrors "lie"

I went over a lot of it in why #1 Why true mirrors lie as well. Basicly since you see yourself every day you become familiar with that appearance and familiar = more attractive than it actually is. Besides that there are two other important factors.

Looking in the mirror, we usually focus on a particular part of our face like our lips, nose, eyes, etc., and we don’t realize how it looks all together. When looking at a pic, on the other hand, we perceive everything at once.

ec7b32544f97dff487db2182e8-jpg.1116056

That goes for every interaction with a person in real life as well so it's somewhat close to what others see in person. It's a result of our brains not being able to look at an entire face at once.
There is one major thing that makes the mirror our best looking version tho.
The live corrections also comes into play and will affect you depending on your mood. That corrections is by far the strongest for ourselves. Overall a mirror makes you appear better looking than you are. The improved self perception is also proved by Epley.

Spoiler

You Are Less Beautiful Than You Think

Dove's viral video gets it wrong
www.scientificamerican.com
In a series of studies, Epley and Whitchurch showed that we see ourselves as better lookingthan we actually are. The researchers took pictures of study participants and, using a computerized procedure, produced more attractive and less attractive versions of those pictures

People tend to say that an attractively enhanced picture is their own, but Epley and Whitchurch wanted to be sure that people truly believe what they say. People recognize objects more quickly when those objects match their mental representations. Therefore, if people truly believe that an attractively enhanced picture is their own, they should recognize that picture more quickly, which is exactly what the researchers found.
Nice Copypasta sadly, I already disproved this in my https://looksmax.org/threads/ideal-ratios-for-ethnic-black-men.456032/ thread.

The Mere Exposure simply applies to self judgement, not proportions and ratios.

One's face has 0 distortion in the Mirror, whether you think You're Attractive or Not is up to self perception.

DO NOT EVER TRY TO COPYPASTA ME YOU DUMB FUCK LMAOOOOOOOOOO.

Nice Copypasta sadly, I already disproved this in my https://looksmax.org/threads/ideal-ratios-for-ethnic-black-men.456032/ thread.

The Mere Exposure simply applies to self judgement, not proportions and ratios.

One's face has 0 distortion in the Mirror, whether you think You're Attractive or Not is up to self perception.

DO NOT EVER TRY TO COPYPASTA ME YOU DUMB FUCK LMAOOOOOOOOOO.
Nigga what? Mere exposure is just in there so it’s not forgotten. Read the rest. And stop the cope ugly faggot

• +1
i can’t believe there are still some people that cope with camera>mirrors.

mirrors are obviously so much more accurate, if you want to see a good picture of yourself you have to pay for a professional. even the goats like O’Pry fraud their selfies, and Gandy just never takes selfies.

• Love it
Nigga what? Mere exposure is just in there so it’s not forgotten. Read the rest. And stop the cope ugly faggot
What I'm saying is, which also literally 100% of anyone besides you is the fact that mirrors are 100% accurate.

When you're trying to gauge your ratios and proportions. I believe a mirror is best because there's no distortion, not saying it's impossible to achieve 0 distortion with a camera, it's just most people don't have a HQ enoguh cam to do so.

That specific study is only gauging whether people liked the "Camera" verison instead of the "Mirror" verison.

This is very much subject to Mere Exposure Effect. Most people think they're a bit more attractive and or less depending on how they feel about themselves.

Unfortunately, since you must've not read the thread. This is absolutely worthless to the topic.

People here are trying to get percise accurate ratio measurments based on distorted images.

I believe 100% of people are better off using MM Calipers in the Mirror for the most accurate results.

i can’t believe there are still some people that cope with camera>mirrors.

mirrors are obviously so much more accurate, if you want to see a good picture of yourself you have to pay for a professional. even the goats like O’Pry fraud their selfies, and Gandy just never takes selfies.
THANK YOU!

What I'm saying is, which also literally 100% of anyone besides you is the fact that mirrors are 100% accurate.

When you're trying to gauge your ratios and proportions. I believe a mirror is best because there's no distortion, not saying it's impossible to achieve 0 distortion with a camera, it's just most people don't have a HQ enoguh cam to do so.

That specific study is only gauging whether people liked the "Camera" verison instead of the "Mirror" verison.

This is very much subject to Mere Exposure Effect. Most people think they're a bit more attractive and or less depending on how they feel about themselves.

Unfortunately, since you must've not read the thread. This is absolutely worthless to the topic.

People here are trying to get percise accurate ratio measurments based on distorted images.

I believe 100% of people are better off using MM Calipers in the Mirror for the most accurate results.
People would rope if they went to a proffendial and took Fotos jfl

Everyone here agreed cuz this community consists out of soy pussys who claim a bimax is „just their genetic potential“ and in secrecy all think are chadlite lol

People would rope if they went to a proffendial and took Fotos jfl

Everyone here agreed cuz this community consists out of soy pussys who claim a bimax is „just their genetic potential“ and in secrecy all think are chadlite lol
I can only agree with the last sentence about BiMAX that shit is out of hand.

It really is common knowledge that Mirrors > Cameras.

If they find out they're ugly from a professional shoot that's on them. Because it would be accurate.

this nigga keep copying old threads

Be Nice Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Hmm...
I'll put up some great ways to take photos....with cameras equipped with Telephoto Lenses. If you have a Wide Angle Lens just save yourself the depression. You gain nothing from taking photos.
Damn I just learned that the Pro versions of the iPhones have telephoto lenses.

The regular versions have wide angle lenses.

• +1
All you gotta do is prop your phone on a selfie stick on use the rear cam. You should be able to create atleast 5ft of distance with this method. The distortion is next to none.
gonna selfie stick and mirror pic maxx!

• +1
this nigga keep copying old threads

Be Nice Season 9 GIF by The Office
Haven't copied anyone lol.

My past 2 threads are common topics, with greater detail.

The way people are reacting, you'd think the forums never heard of the shit. :lul::lul::lul:

High quality user. Keep up with the good threads.

• +1
this foid which injects incels with fillers knows how focal length works and she leverage to her advantage.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15917
M

Massive cope
Seeing as you got surgeries and look like a cartoon.

1.) I can see why you wouldn't like looking in the mirror.
2.) Niggas been screaming "cope" on this thread, but yet to prove me wrong.

Just SAD!

• JFL
Reactions: Titbot
Seeing as you got surgeries and look like a cartoon.

1.) I can see why you wouldn't like looking in the mirror.
2.) Niggas been screaming "cope" on this thread, but yet to prove me wrong.

Just SAD!
Only think that matters is candid you retard. I mog in mirror selfies Jfl

Only think that matters is candid you retard. I mog in mirror selfies Jfl
Sadly, if only you read the thread.

You'd see I advocated for mirror selfies.

Do not try to start an argument with me dumbass.

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
Is the iphone 12 cam good? I was planning on buying it since my Xiaomi camera lowkey makes me depressed