How risky is genioplasty?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
I mean, how likely is it for you to underdo/overdo it? And how can you maximise your chances of getting the amount of movement right?

I mean, how likely is it for you to underdo/overdo it? And how can you maximise your chances of getting the amount of movement right?
go t oa trust worthy doctor and let them guide the process. dont say "doc plase spli my chin sagitally and add anohter 7cm of forward movement, a looksmax user has told me i need it"

• +1
Reactions: T50 Mogger, Rimaxtis, RoyaleWithCheese and 2 others
go t oa trust worthy doctor and let them guide the process. dont say "doc plase spli my chin sagitally and add anohter 7cm of forward movement, a looksmax user has told me i need it"
As far as I am aware, genioplasty can't really be predicted completely in terms of how much movement you need, right? Instead, the surgeon determines it while the surgery itself lasts? This is what makes me scared the most, and something that I've seen people complain about, as you can't really predict results

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21403 and PointOfNoReturn
As far as I am aware, genioplasty can't really be predicted completely in terms of how much movement you need, right? Instead, the surgeon determines it while the surgery itself lasts? This is what makes me scared the most, and something that I've seen people complain about, as you can't really predict results
Genioplasty can and is easily very predictable. The margin of error will be +-1mm unless you need a shitton of advancement (like more than 10mm).

A good surgeon will adress this margin of error during the surgery. Because every mm of bone doesnt equal of 1mm of soft tissue movement. It is usualy arround 0.75-0.9 for every 1mm depending on the person.

Unless you are a fat bastard than id advise to first loose weight

• +1
Reactions: Rimaxtis, Lonenely sigma and FinasterideAt17
As far as I am aware, genioplasty can't really be predicted completely in terms of how much movement you need, right? Instead, the surgeon determines it while the surgery itself lasts?
This is wrong. Genioplasty should be planned precisely like any other form of jaw surgery.

Genioplasty is not particularly dangerous. It is the simplest jaw surgery. However, on the off-chance that something bad does happen, it's more serious than a chin implant (permanent nerve damage, issues with the facial muscles, stuff like that).

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma