HOW TO CURE DANDRUFF

kurd

kurd

kurd
Dandruff is a problem alot of people have, and today we are gonna look at the causes, and the cure for it.

First, there are two types of dandruff,

One is a DRY SCALP, one is a OILY SCALP.

You first have to know what kind of dandruff you have and that is super easy,

FF1F86F3 97EE 42B9 8791 3EEEA2D8EE1D

if your dandruff is yellowish and big, that means it is a oily scalp.
if your dandruff is white and small, that means it is a dry scalp.

Causes of oily dandruff:

a fungus called Malassezia triggers dandruff. This fungus normally lives on your scalp. If you have too much of it, though, it causes your skin cells to multiply more quickly than usual.

Certain factors can cause Malassezia to multiply, including:

• stress
  • not using a harsher shampoo
Dirty hair doesn’t cause dandruff, but if you don’t wash your hair often enough, the oily buildup can contribute to flakes.

Causes of dry dandruff:
You get dry scalp when your skin has too little moisture. The skin on your scalp becomes irritated and flakes off. If your scalp is dry, the skin on other parts of your body, such as your arms and legs, could be dry too.

Dry scalp can be caused by:

• cold, dry air
  • contact dermatitis caused by a reaction to products you apply to your scalp, such as shampoo, styling gel, and hairspray
  • older age
  • You get dry scalp when your skin has too little moisture. The skin on your scalp becomes irritated and flakes off. If your scalp is dry, the skin on other parts of your body, such as your arms and legs, could be dry too.

Cure for oily dandruff:
Most dandruff shampoos contain medication that kills the fungus on your scalp or removes flaky skin. Here are some examples:

• Pyrithione zinc (Head and Shoulders, Jason Dandruff Relief 2 in 1) is an antifungal drug. It kills the fungus on your scalp that causes flaking. Pyrithione zinc shampoos are gentle enough to use every day.
  • Selenium sulfide (Selsun Blue) lowers the amount of fungus and prevents too many skin cells from dying off. If you have blond or gray hair or dye your hair, ask a healthcare professional before using shampoo containing selenium sulfide. It can change your hair color.
  • Ketoconazole (Nizoral) kills the fungus that causes dandruff. You can buy it in either over-the-counter or prescription strength.
  • Salicylic acid (Neutrogena T/Sal) removes extra scales from your scalp before it can flake. Salicylic acid can dry out your skin and cause more flaking.
  • Coal tar (Neutrogena T/Gel) slows the growth and shedding of skin cells on your scalp. Tar-based shampoos can also change your hair color if you have blond or gray hair.

My suggestion: using nizoral or head and shoulders, first head and shoulders for a month and if it still doesn’t work switch to nizoral.

Cure for dry dandruff:

if you have a dry scalp it means that it needs more oils, and a less harsh shampoo.

so you should be using a sulfate free shampoo, with less chemicals to not harshen your scalp with oil, for example Tea tree Oil sulfate free shampoo.

Also massaging your scalp after shampooing with a oil like Aloe Vera is very good and can even be used as a conditioner, Aloe Vera is very moisturizing, but u can also use different oils like olive oil or tea tree.

My experience with dandruff:
my scalp is super good and my hair in the summer, but when it becomes winter it becomes dry since its less moisturized, so i have to take care of it with oils, and a sulfate free shampoo, and a good moisturizing conditioner, which fixed my scalp.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Madhate, Deleted member 32669, aesthetic beauty and 18 others

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lucid, chosen-one, Saisei and 1 other person
cured my dandruff with noshampoo

• +1
Reactions: Saisei
Anything for minor scalp psoriasis?

Anything for minor scalp psoriasis?
Psoriasis is not an infection, it's a skin disorder driven by the immune system. It is not curable, but there are ways to get rid of the "red scales". You should see your family physician for questions about treatment.

I would also recommend that you see a dermatologist. Psoriasis has its ups and downs, but with the right derm, relief can be fast and long lasting

you could try using a neutregena t-gel shampoo and see if it does anything!

good luck

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 33108
cured my dandruff with noshampoo
can you explain the routine? no shampoo whatsever ever? did you use any other product like oils, masks, conditioner, etc.? want to do no shampoo but the dandruff flareups are what make me reticent about it

can you explain the routine? no shampoo whatsever ever? did you use any other product like oils, masks, conditioner, etc.? want to do no shampoo but the dandruff flareups are what make me reticent about it
if ur not black dont do it

ive tried everything and nothing have helped me i have a severe dandruff

None of these topical copes cures dandruff. It may keep it under control, but I have yet to see a permanent solution for seborrheic dermatitis. I never see it in females and almost never in Aryans with straight hair. Seborrheic dermatitis = shit genes

• So Sad
Reactions: Unsh
None of these topical copes cures dandruff. It may keep it under control, but I have yet to see a permanent solution for seborrheic dermatitis. I never see it in females and almost never in Aryans with straight hair. Seborrheic dermatitis = shit genes
my friend fixed his oily scalp by using a harsher shampoo like head and shoulders, so did i fix it with my dry scalp by using sulfate free shampoo and oils,

you do understand dandruff can be caused by weather and other things instead of genetics lol?

the kind of dandruff you're talking about a is a serious medical issue which is genetic and very rare

Thats super weird, have you tried using a sulfate free shampoo and only once a week, and airdrying it with a towel wrapped on ur head whenever u wet ur hair? also using aloe vera after washed with shampoo and using it every other day as a conditioner + moisturizer massaging on ur scalp, u should do this.

You could also try no poo

What the fuck is the benefit of having psoriasis? I have this shit, and I hate it :lasereyes:
Psoriatic lesions have been linked with enhanced wound-healing qualities and greater capacity to fight infection.

Are you controlling ur dandruff well btw?

Psoriatic lesions have been linked with enhanced wound-healing qualities and greater capacity to fight infection.

Are you controlling ur dandruff well btw?
Holy shit you mean I'm Wolverine? Fuck yeah kick-ass. Today I realised I'm Chad! Watch out foids, here I come
Wolverine GIF

My dandruff is not a problem because I have weeks of cope hairloss products that include this stuff:
Ketoconazole (Nizoral) kills the fungus that causes dandruff. You can buy it in either over-the-counter or prescription strength.
Good thread.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Amadeus, Hentaiwatcher69 and kurd
Thats super weird, have you tried using a sulfate free shampoo and only once a week, and airdrying it with a towel wrapped on ur head whenever u wet ur hair? also using aloe vera after washed with shampoo and using it every other day as a conditioner + moisturizer massaging on ur scalp, u should do this.

You could also try no poo
i dont think so but i will try only node ds plus has helped me to some degree at some point

• +1
Reactions: kurd
my friend fixed his oily scalp by using a harsher shampoo like head and shoulders, so did i fix it with my dry scalp by using sulfate free shampoo and oils,

you do understand dandruff can be caused by weather and other things instead of genetics lol?

the kind of dandruff you're talking about a is a serious medical issue which is genetic and very rare
Seborrheic dermatitis isn't rare at all. I'm using antifungal shampoo to keep mine under control as well, but it's just a temporary fix. Like taking NSAIDs for chronic migraines for instance

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Chintuck22 and kurd
ACV = apple cider vinegar is good too

Glycolic acid can also help

• +1
i just stopped cold turkey

you should start with using it twice or once a week though

and no I dont use and products

Holy shit you mean I'm Wolverine? Fuck yeah kick-ass. Today I realised I'm Chad! Watch out foids, here I come
Wolverine GIF

My dandruff is not a problem because I have weeks of cope hairloss products that include this stuff:
Ketoconazole (Nizoral) kills the fungus that causes dandruff. You can buy it in either over-the-counter or prescription strength.
Good thread.
@Infinitelarp try using Nizoral like he said, he has the same as you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 33108
i dont think so but i will try only node ds plus has helped me to some degree at some point
Try what i suggested, its super important to take care of your hair and moisturize it well. sulfate free shampoo really fixed my dry scalp and drying with a towal wrapped

always use sulfate free shampoo

• +1
Dandruff is a problem alot of people have, and today we are gonna look at the causes, and the cure for it.

View attachment 2448656

Causes of oily dandruff:

a fungus called Malassezia triggers dandruff. This fungus normally lives on your scalp. If you have too much of it, though, it causes your skin cells to multiply more quickly than usual.

• stress
Dirty hair doesn’t cause dandruff, but if you don’t wash your hair often enough, the oily buildup can contribute to flakes.

Causes of dry dandruff:
You get dry scalp when your skin has too little moisture. The skin on your scalp becomes irritated and flakes off. If your scalp is dry, the skin on other parts of your body, such as your arms and legs, could be dry too.

• cold, dry air
  • contact dermatitis caused by a reaction to products you apply to your scalp, such as shampoo, styling gel, and hairspray
  • older age
  • You get dry scalp when your skin has too little moisture. The skin on your scalp becomes irritated and flakes off. If your scalp is dry, the skin on other parts of your body, such as your arms and legs, could be dry too.

Cure for oily dandruff:
Most dandruff shampoos contain medication that kills the fungus on your scalp or removes flaky skin. Here are some examples:

• Pyrithione zinc (Head and Shoulders, Jason Dandruff Relief 2 in 1) is an antifungal drug. It kills the fungus on your scalp that causes flaking. Pyrithione zinc shampoos are gentle enough to use every day.
  • Selenium sulfide (Selsun Blue) lowers the amount of fungus and prevents too many skin cells from dying off. If you have blond or gray hair or dye your hair, ask a healthcare professional before using shampoo containing selenium sulfide. It can change your hair color.
  • Ketoconazole (Nizoral) kills the fungus that causes dandruff. You can buy it in either over-the-counter or prescription strength.
  • Salicylic acid (Neutrogena T/Sal) removes extra scales from your scalp before it can flake. Salicylic acid can dry out your skin and cause more flaking.
  • Coal tar (Neutrogena T/Gel) slows the growth and shedding of skin cells on your scalp. Tar-based shampoos can also change your hair color if you have blond or gray hair.

My suggestion: using nizoral or head and shoulders, first head and shoulders for a month and if it still doesn’t work switch to nizoral.

Cure for dry dandruff:

if you have a dry scalp it means that it needs more oils, and a less harsh shampoo.

so you should be using a sulfate free shampoo, with less chemicals to not harshen your scalp with oil, for example Tea tree Oil sulfate free shampoo.

Also massaging your scalp after shampooing with a oil like Aloe Vera is very good and can even be used as a conditioner, Aloe Vera is very moisturizing, but u can also use different oils like olive oil or tea tree.

my scalp is super good and my hair in the summer, but when it becomes winter it becomes dry since its less moisturized, so i have to take care of it with oils, and a sulfate free shampoo, and a good moisturizing conditioner, which fixed my scalp.
Lmao this thread is bs don’t listen to him on how to cure dandruff I’ll make a thread later with actual methods that actually works and without harsh chemicals that will make you lose you hair jfl at this thread

• +1
Reactions: horsefacin
always use sulfate free shampoo
Fr.
i literally cured it bro, i used head and shoulders and wondered why my scalp is so dry :lul: than bought sulfate free argan oil shampoo and after one FUCKING wash and wrapping my head in a towel when airdrying fixed it and litt 0dandruff now

• +1
Reactions: Saisei
Lmao this thread is bs don’t listen to him on how to cure dandruff I’ll make a thread later with actual methods that actually works and without harsh chemicals that will make you lose you hair jfl at this thread
There’s no actual evidence that these products will cause hairloss like head and shoulders lol you graycel

Fr.
i literally cured it bro, i used head and shoulders and wondered why my scalp is so dry :lul: than bought sulfate free argan oil shampoo and after one FUCKING wash and wrapping my head in a towel when airdrying fixed it and litt 0dandruff now
i used to use head and shoulders 2 in 1, now i use a brand called OC naturals which i think its only in Australia but its really good, it has argon oil and cacao butter and the results are night and day. dumb normie parents bought me head and shoulders when i was young smh

this website is good https://ingredientspy.com/ingredient-analyzer

Last edited:
There’s no actual evidence that these products will cause hairloss like head and shoulders lol you graycel
Nigga we both are graycell and I joined before you. Do your research bro these methods are completely harsh for the hair and will make the problem worse overtime.

Nigga we both are graycell and I joined before you. Do your research bro these methods are completely harsh for the hair and will make the problem worse overtime.

Btw, my lifelong seborrheic dermatitis went into complete remission for the first time when I had zero testosterone after coming off exogenous AAS without PCT in 2016. My scalp was clear as day.

Sex hormones play a major role in dandruff, seb derm and cradle cap. Hence, I've never seen females suffering from excessive dandruff. I don't know what causes the sebaceous gland dysfunction, but I've seen plenty of proof that sex hormones are directly linked to sebaceous gland activity. High sugar intake exacerbates dandruff by increasing free T and lowering SHBG. Fasting and keto diet do the opposite. But then again, not everyone with high testosterone gets dandruff. There's more to it.

It seems to affect only areas with high sebaceous gland density such as the scalp, chin, moustache, eyebrows and sides of the nose, so it's logical that lowering sebaceous gland activity reduces symptoms. But it's just a temporary fix.

• +1
Reactions: horsefacin, Unsh and kurd
yeah, just use shampoo

View attachment 2448656

Causes of oily dandruff:

• stress

Causes of dry dandruff:

• cold, dry air
  • older age

Cure for oily dandruff:

Cure for dry dandruff:

true getting rid of dandruff avoiding gluten and cereals

• +1
Reactions: Tabula Rasa
@ me in this Please bro i have terrible seb derm all over my face and scalp its so fucking bad my friend

• +1
Reactions: desilva

Bhai its not that serious just the name for chronic fungus that u named/symptoms doesnt need jew dr visit
Thanks for the thread how long does treatment take in ur experience and do u need to maintain usage of the shampoo

Bhai its not that serious just the name for chronic fungus that u named/symptoms doesnt need jew dr visit
Thanks for the thread how long does treatment take in ur experience and do u need to maintain usage of the shampoo
If it’s as intense as you describe, you really need to see a doctor and a dermatologist and get to the root of why your body is producing so much malassezia yeast. It could be an autoimmune response

using a shampoo brush to stimulate the areas along my scalp that were the most prone to itching/sores (along my hairline, ears, and above my neck) when rinsing out shampoo and conditioner, using tea tree shampoo every time I washed my hair, and using the tar shampoo once a week/every two weeks as needed. The shampoo brush I feel like made the biggest difference, I’m not sure why, but I just make sure to stimulate my scalp with it every time I wash my hair and it helps so much.

• +1
Reactions: horsefacin
If it’s as intense as you describe, you really need to see a doctor and a dermatologist and get to the root of why your body is producing so much malassezia yeast. It could be an autoimmune response

using a shampoo brush to stimulate the areas along my scalp that were the most prone to itching/sores (along my hairline, ears, and above my neck) when rinsing out shampoo and conditioner, using tea tree shampoo every time I washed my hair, and using the tar shampoo once a week/every two weeks as needed. The shampoo brush I feel like made the biggest difference, I’m not sure why, but I just make sure to stimulate my scalp with it every time I wash my hair and it helps so much.
I discovered yesterday why my acne didn't get even a little fucking better even after using every soap and lotion available at the time (2014/15)

It's because I was treating fungal acne with bacterial acne stuff lmao

But after being Primalpilled, I'm going to start treating it naturally, softening the terrible dandruff with coconut cream, then clearing my face of this horrible Malassezia Biofilm before applying coconut cream to the face

I'm addicted to scratching the scalp and peeling of the scabs even when it's not itching, now they are all over my hair and I can't go outside without wearing a hoodie anymore, congratulations to me 👏💀

But I've read coconut cream softens the dandruff, dissolving it... I hope it works, my hair is so beautiful and I get many compliments when well-groomed but that shit haunts me for 16 years now, since I was a kid and I've had enough of it, it needs to go!

I discovered yesterday why my acne didn't get even a little fucking better even after using every soap and lotion available at the time (2014/15)

It's because I was treating fungal acne with bacterial acne stuff lmao

But after being Primalpilled, I'm going to start treating it naturally, softening the terrible dandruff with coconut cream, then clearing my face of this horrible Malassezia Biofilm before applying coconut cream to the face

I'm addicted to scratching the scalp and peeling of the scabs even when it's not itching, now they are all over my hair and I can't go outside without wearing a hoodie anymore, congratulations to me 👏💀

But I've read coconut cream softens the dandruff, dissolving it... I hope it works, my hair is so beautiful and I get many compliments when well-groomed but that shit haunts me for 16 years now, since I was a kid and I've had enough of it, it needs to go!
Do you have dry or oily scalp

Do you have dry or oily scalp
It's very dry, always that way... The hair is also very dry but the skin is oily on the upper body, got some folliculitis and bacne, but legs are fine, look like baby skin...

Funny thing is the parts that got no hair are the less oily, but my scalp, upper trunk and upper back which have no hair, besides thin velus hair, are very oily... such weird pattern, innit?

I also can barely grow a goatee, the hair is almost invisible even after months without shaving (strong Native American admixture)

• +1
It's very dry, always that way... The hair is also very dry but the skin is oily on the upper body, got some folliculitis and bacne, but legs are fine, look like baby skin...

Funny thing is the parts that got no hair are the less oily, but my scalp, upper trunk and upper back which have no hair, besides thin velus hair, are very oily... such weird pattern, innit?

I also can barely grow a goatee, the hair is almost invisible even after months without shaving (strong Native American admixture)
Whats ur hair washing routine like? (how many times a week do you shampoo ur hair) (what kind of shampoo) etc

Whats ur hair washing routine like? (how many times a week do you shampoo ur hair) (what kind of shampoo) etc
I don't use shampoo for many years now, but when I wash it (once a month) I use coconut soap...

When going out I wear a little red tiara and wet it will running water, carrying a little mirror and little water spray bottle with me, which I use to retouch it once a hour...

Sometimes I'll make a 1/10 glycerin mix, shaking before using so it stays in place for longer periods but that's it

Really don't wanna to do it, but I think I'll get some organic leave-in mask to use on VERY RARE occasions 🤭

I don't use shampoo for many years now, but when I wash it (once a month) I use coconut soap...

When going out I wear a little red tiara and wet it will running water, carrying a little mirror and little water spray bottle with me, which I use to retouch it once a hour...

Sometimes I'll make a 1/10 glycerin mix, shaking before using so it stays in place for longer periods but that's it

Really don't wanna to do it, but I think I'll get some organic leave-in mask to use on VERY RARE occasions 🤭
U ever went to a dermatologist?