I keep cucking my gymcelling by not sleeping enough

elfmaxx

elfmaxx

Kraken
Does anyone know how to fix fucked up sleeping habits? I'm sleeping 3 - 5 hours on a work night and 12 hours on my days off. No wonder I don't make any gains.

Workout at home until you get a looser schedule for timing

• +1
Reactions: jefferson
Taking glycine vastly improved my sleep. 10-15g a day, and take 5 of those grams an hour before you go to bed.

Ofc you should be doing this anyway for improved collagen synthesis, but sleep gains are a nice side effect.

• +1
Reactions: elfmaxx and jefferson
Taking glycine vastly improved my sleep. 10-15g a day, and take 5 of those grams an hour before you go to bed.

Ofc you should be doing this anyway for improved collagen synthesis, but sleep gains are a nice side effect.
bro can you elab a bit on its collagen synthesis benifits
thanks

thanks

"This constraint predicts a shortage of available glycine if there are no adequate compensating processes. Here, we test this prediction by comparing all reported fl uxes for the production and consumption of glycine in a human adult. Detailed assessment of all possible sources of glycine shows that synthesis from serine accounts for more than 85% of the total, and that the amount of glycine available from synthesis, about 3 g/day, together with that available from the diet, in the range 1.5-3.0 g/day, may fall significantly short of the amount needed for all metabolic uses, including collagen synthesis by about 10 g per day for a 70 kg human. This result supports earlier suggestions in the literature that glycine is a semi-essential amino acid and that it should be taken as a nutritional supplement to guarantee a healthy metabolism. "

Basically, you need around 15g of glycine a day (if 70kg bodyweight) to maximise your collagen synthesis, but you only eat around 1.5-3g a day, and your body produces another 3g. So if you want to maximise your natural collagen synthesis, you need to get more glycine. Around 10g more, although higher doses have been shown to be perfectly safe.

Personally I take 15g spread throughout the day (3x 5g) just to be sure I'm getting enough. Take one of those doses an hour before bedtime and it'll help your sleep IME too. (this has also been reported as a beneficial effect of the supplement in other studies).
thanks

Another one here:

Type II collagen was measured in the monolayer, every 48 h for 15 days by ELISA. Increase in concentrations of proline and lysine in the culture medium enhances the synthesis of type II collagen at low concentrations, but these effects decay before 1.0 mM. Increase of glycine as of 1.0 mM exceeds these effects and this increase continues more persistently by 60–75%. Since the large effects produced by proline and lysine are within the physiological range, while the effect of glycine corresponds to a much higher range, these results demonstrated a severe glycine deficiency for collagen synthesis.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 439