I want to start lifting but i have no concept of what to actually do.

sensen

sensen

Professional
Time online
12d 8h 57m
i have no idea what any of that means, 5 sets and 5 reps?
Google it bro. Or better yet, type in "blaha 5x5" on youtube, he has a video explaining everything. Whatever you do, don't neglect compound lifts. Us skinny fucks have to do that shit.

Loud_Jock

Loud_Jock

Knowledgable
Time online
18d 6h 48m
what exercises should i do?
what do i do if im skinny and look like an aushwitz survivor?
Do this:
Monday: Deadlift, Pull-ups, barbell row, seated close grip cable row, face pulls and biceps curs.

Wednesday: Bench press, Over head press, incline dumbbell press, cable fly, triceps extensions.

Friday: Squat, leg extensions, leg curls, seated/standing calf raise, leg press, whatever abs exercises you like.

Do this for either 3*8. Feel free to remove one exercise or add one if its too easy or too hard. Don't sweat the reps and sets too much just get the work in and don't get bogged down in to the minutiae of lifting science.

Try to add more weight on the bar every or every other week.

Profit.

Last edited:
RoundHouse

RoundHouse

I love all that blood.
Time online
33d 7h 13m
Then stop being retarded and use google
fucking retards just go and train and eat more
0 iq
agreed, also username kinda checks out lmfao

RoundHouse

RoundHouse

I love all that blood.
Time online
33d 7h 13m
Then stop being retarded and use google
fucking retards just go and train and eat more
0 iq
also mirin alucard avi, i just finished that anime like a week ago that shit was so god damn good

GymcelDoomer

GymcelDoomer

༼ つ◕_◕ ༽つ TRUMP TAKE MY HIGH ENERGY ༼ つ◕_◕ ༽つ
Time online
20d 4h 5m
There's like a gozzilion fitness channels on youtube bro. Watch guys like Jeff Nippard, absorb as much info as possible and you'll figure out a routine.

RoundHouse

RoundHouse

I love all that blood.
Time online
33d 7h 13m
watch Overlord
it's been on my bucket list for quite a while now but now that you've said it i will, also ima drop u a follow ngl

Madhate

Madhate

Zephir
Time online
60d 12h 43m
it's been on my bucket list for quite a while now but now that you've said it i will, also ima drop u a follow ngl
damn u a lucky nigger
I wish I could watch overlord for the first time again
If u liked Hellsing you'll love overlord
I watched hellsing ultimate 3 times
But I watched Overlord 5 times jfl
It has 3 seasons gl

johncruz12345

johncruz12345

Taking a break. If u want to talk. Dm me
Time online
32d 23h 12m
Bro overlord is the shit. You have to watch it.

SadnessWYJ

SadnessWYJ

Success Breeds Jealousy
Time online
44d 16h 35m
Do calisthenics to get some basic strength tbh

SadnessWYJ

SadnessWYJ

Success Breeds Jealousy
Time online
44d 16h 35m
Then hop in PPL routine

improover

improover

#JamesGang
Time online
42d 17h 49m
just go to the gym and get a routine theory

EckhartTollemaxx

EckhartTollemaxx

6'3 copexerciser
Time online
48d 16h 26m
Just start with 3x5 or 5x5 routine that adds in some accessory lifts for vanity. Maybe Jason Blaha 5x5.
That's very good for strength but for looks i'd do higher reps. Calisthenics is good for beginners, pushups, pull ups and dips.

Or 6-12 reps in the gym basic moves. You can still add some low rep training to get more strength in addition to muscle.
You'll get both regardless as a total beginner.

sensen

sensen

Professional
Time online
12d 8h 57m
That's very good for strength but for looks i'd do higher reps. Calisthenics is good for beginners, pushups, pull ups and dips.

Or 6-12 reps in the gym basic moves. You can still add some low rep training to get more strength in addition to muscle.
to be fair there are quite a few accessory lifts in the program as well. Curls, shrugs, something for tris etc. I just think its good to get this foundation before moving into BB only stuff

UninspiredGuy

UninspiredGuy

Time online
34d 7h 22m

high reps for size right? im doin this for looks only idgaf about strength

MewingJBP

MewingJBP

Wizard
Time online
24d 58m
mostly compound lifts 8-12 reps 3-4 sets per exercise if you want the most muscle growth (hyperthropy), throw in some accesories like curls extensions and shoulder lateral raises facepulls anything above is going more towards endurance, low reps heavy weight 3-5 reps for strength

UninspiredGuy

UninspiredGuy

Time online
34d 7h 22m
mostly compound lifts 8-12 reps 3-4 sets per exercise if you want the most muscle growth (hyperthropy), throw in some accesories like curls extensions and shoulder lateral raises facepulls anything above is going more towards endurance, low reps heavy weight 3-5 reps for strength
low reps for size?

copingvolcel

copingvolcel

Smallville Fan
Time online
13d 10h 28m
Read my high effort posts on the topic (I got that with 2-3 years of experimenting in the gym and research):

copingvolcel

copingvolcel

Smallville Fan
Time online
13d 10h 28m
6-12 reps is ideal for maximal size.
The rep range doesn't actually matter, it's a myth that 6-12 reps is better. You can't separate strength and size as a natural unless you are an intermediate lifter doing 1 rep maxes (1RM).

The problem with high reps is that as a beginner who doesn't know proper form, it will be too difficult to maintain perfect form throughout high reps and with shit form, you'll make shit progress, which is why it's much better to use 3x5 or 5x5 instead of 3x12, and if you do lower volume, it's easier to recover from it so you can do it more frequently and make faster progress as a result since protein synthesis lasts only for 48 hours when you are not using steroids.

StuffedFrog

StuffedFrog

Zephir
Time online
70d 19h 5m
Do jasnon blaha icf 5 * 5 2.0 for about 8 months eat spaghetti eggs chicken breast and rice and do that till you get up to 3500 calories

copingvolcel

copingvolcel

Smallville Fan
Time online
13d 10h 28m
high reps for size right? im doin this for looks only idgaf about strength
Unless you take steroids, you'll never have a big chest if you can only bench 135 lbs, and it's the same with every other lift, so if you want to get really big, you'll have to become really strong too. And, you'll never see a skinny guy benching 315 lbs, or squatting 405 lbs or deadlifting 500 lbs, however you will see a lot of big guys who can only bench 135 lbs, and that is because they are on large amounts of drugs.

copingvolcel

copingvolcel

Smallville Fan
Time online
13d 10h 28m
Do jasnon blaha icf 5 * 5 2.0 for about 8 months eat spaghetti eggs chicken breast and rice and do that till you get up to 3500 calories
2.0 isn't actually 5x5, it's 3x5 but it's better because 5x5 isn't doable after a certain point and on the version 2.0, the exercise selection and frequency is better, instead of wasting your time with shrugs, you'll do overhead press and bench press twice as much as before (so 3 times per week instead of 1.5 times per week), and since you're only doing 3 sets of 5, it will be easier to make progress so you won't stall as much.

That's why Blaha's ICF 2.0 is far better than his first version of the program (which was just a ripoff of Stronglifts with accessory lifts added to it).

EckhartTollemaxx

EckhartTollemaxx

6'3 copexerciser
Time online
48d 16h 26m
The rep range doesn't actually matter, it's a myth that 6-12 reps is better. You can't separate strength and size as a natural unless you are an intermediate lifter doing 1 rep maxes (1RM).

The problem with high reps is that as a beginner who doesn't know proper form, it will be too difficult to maintain perfect form throughout high reps and with shit form, you'll make shit progress, which is why it's much better to use 3x5 or 5x5 instead of 3x12, and if you do lower volume, it's easier to recover from it so you can do it more frequently and make faster progress as a result since protein synthesis lasts only for 48 hours when you are not using steroids.
Pretty sure it doesn't work like that but you'll make some gains regardless, as a beginner it may not even matter really.

If it didn't matter then low reps would be superior in every way as high reps definitely don't build as much strength in my experience.

High reps and manual labor, tested bench press, got fucking 80kg. Then i did low reps and got to 100kg.

Same with squats, using leg strength all day at work but low 1rm, started doing low reps and got it much higher.

Some people have such good genetics or steroids that anything works for them but that isn't the norm.

JustAFewMM

JustAFewMM

cruisemaxxing = life
Time online
45d 7h 11m
Only faggots do 5*5

I also was one of these faggots

I used too much weight and injured myself
Just do 3 sets of 8-12 reps to start