ideal hair is curly/wavy and why (long post)

A

athnico

manlet
this will be a prologue (dunno if this is the right word) to a curly maxxing guide if you guys want it.
this takes 2mins and 27 seconds (673 words) to read, so i encourage you read it all.
this is just expanding on @Fuk s post.
first of all im going to get things straight, i personally think curly hair looks better than wavy hair, but thats my opinion. wavy is still alot better than straight hair.

above, is the scale of curly hair. 2a-2c is mostly with 2c being maybe loose curls.
3a-3c is coils, and what most people define as curly hair
4a-4c is afro textured hair. i will not be talking about this today specifically but most things still apply.

in my opinion curly hair is defenitely a halo but only in the right circumstances, some people it may not work for, not alot you can do about that. curly hair is super versatile, if you have a low fwhr and you want to fraud width, simply grow out your curly hair and do a side part. the guy below doesnt do it the greatest but its the best example.

if you have a diamond face shape and need a fringe, simply pull your hair forward. if you have a square face shape or circle face shape and cant have hair on your face, style the hair so that the curls dont fall on the face or do one of those mushroom hair things. below is an example of what a curly fringe looks like but this dude has loose curls.

i can name a number of people that would look disgusting if they didnt have curly hair, id say it raises them atleast 1PSL, normies with curly hair ascend imo. all the photos ive posted so far, imagine if they had short hair or straight hair. if youre slightly balding, you can combover slightly, while you try and fix your balding and no one will know the wiser because curly hair tends to be qutie thick. curly hair looks good on almost everyone unless you have shit contrasting between skin and hair i.e pink skin and ginger hair and no eyebrows. for haircuts, the undercut curly top is probably king. with this, your goal is showing off your curls, the guy above has a lower undercut (dunno if thats right but the split between bulk and shaved hair is considerably lower than what most people have, and it looks good on him. below is what most peoeple with curly hair have, and they let the curls fall down so it doesnt look like an autist undercut.

thats about it in terms of haircut, of course you could grow it out long but those 2 are really the only ones you can have if you have short hair (tight curly hair is different. 3b/3c can have alot shorter on top and look great.)

in terms of colour, black and dark brown are ideal for curly hair. lightish brown is alright if you have some sunbleach (if thats what its called) on the tips of your hair. blonde curly hair is good because its still curly, however you run the risk of being called noodlehead or something, still doesn't cancel the halo. if youre going to try and pull the wavy hair look, it looks really nice with light brown and dirty blonde hair. i turned my hair from 2b-3a/3b in a few months of taking care of my hair. heres a photo below of a girl that transformed her hair after using a curly friendly hair routine.
hHI8GPbskXSAxS782-Tt6GHnj23I397Iaplr4TRmn2fbK90IvGMY5DhbiU963v5vcWwSlJt13xM71XDZm5FCwKMBBTGlvD0z8tGpii2fr32fqzKHjfieloIDS3ayjJpUTgoo2RWx

thats about it though, im going to post some more curly dudes that are pretty attractive and i want you to imagine them without curly hair and i guarantee the curly hair halos them.

holy colouring, those gotta be contacts right?

let me know if you want a curly maxxin guide (wavies all the way to afro textured hair, straight hair may become wavy with this). thank you for reading

Attachments

• 1584084853892.png
    1584084853892.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 300
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero, Deleted member 9344 and 8 others
Can go from 1 to 2B with this? What's your curly maxxing routine?

Yes I want the guide. I wish I had some curls bad, I have straight hair

cope

straight hair is WASP

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 6986, Deleted member 7926 and 3 others
@reptiles after realizing curly hair is ideal

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero, Arkantos and 5 others
this will be a prologue (dunno if this is the right word) to a curly maxxing guide if you guys want it.
this takes 2mins and 27 seconds (673 words) to read, so i encourage you read it all.
first of all im going to get things straight, i personally think curly hair looks better than wavy hair, but thats my opinion. wavy is still alot better than straight hair.
View attachment 306155
above, is the scale of curly hair. 2a-2c is mostly with 2c being maybe loose curls.
4a-4c is afro textured hair. i will not be talking about this today specifically but most things still apply.

in my opinion curly hair is defenitely a halo but only in the right circumstances, some people it may not work for, not alot you can do about that. curly hair is super versatile, if you have a low fwhr and you want to fraud width, simply grow out your curly hair and do a side part. the guy below doesnt do it the greatest but its the best example.
View attachment 306160
if you have a diamond face shape and need a fringe, simply pull your hair forward. if you have a square face shape or circle face shape and cant have hair on your face, style the hair so that the curls dont fall on the face or do one of those mushroom hair things. below is an example of what a curly fringe looks like but this dude has loose curls.
View attachment 306163
i can name a number of people that would look disgusting if they didnt have curly hair, id say it raises them atleast 1PSL, normies with curly hair ascend imo. all the photos ive posted so far, imagine if they had short hair or straight hair. if youre slightly balding, you can combover slightly, while you try and fix your balding and no one will know the wiser because curly hair tends to be qutie thick. curly hair looks good on almost everyone unless you have shit contrasting between skin and hair i.e pink skin and ginger hair and no eyebrows. for haircuts, the undercut curly top is probably king. with this, your goal is showing off your curls, the guy above has a lower undercut (dunno if thats right but the split between bulk and shaved hair is considerably lower than what most people have, and it looks good on him. below is what most peoeple with curly hair have, and they let the curls fall down so it doesnt look like an autist undercut.
View attachment 306165
thats about it in terms of haircut, of course you could grow it out long but those 2 are really the only ones you can have if you have short hair (tight curly hair is different. 3b/3c can have alot shorter on top and look great.)

in terms of colour, black and dark brown are ideal for curly hair. lightish brown is alright if you have some sunbleach (if thats what its called) on the tips of your hair. blonde curly hair is good because its still curly, however you run the risk of being called noodlehead or something, still doesn't cancel the halo. if youre going to try and pull the wavy hair look, it looks really nice with light brown and dirty blonde hair. i turned my hair from 2b-3a/3b in a few months of taking care of my hair. heres a photo below of a girl that transformed her hair after using a curly friendly hair routine.
hHI8GPbskXSAxS782-Tt6GHnj23I397Iaplr4TRmn2fbK90IvGMY5DhbiU963v5vcWwSlJt13xM71XDZm5FCwKMBBTGlvD0z8tGpii2fr32fqzKHjfieloIDS3ayjJpUTgoo2RWx

thats about it though, im going to post some more curly dudes that are pretty attractive and i want you to imagine them without curly hair and i guarantee the curly hair halos them.
View attachment 306166View attachment 306167View attachment 306173View attachment 306175
View attachment 306174

let me know if you want a curly maxxin guide (wavies all the way to afro textured hair, straight hair may become wavy with this). thank you for reading
What kind of hair do I have some of it waves but some of it is like a hook

Attachments

• C510B66E-8A8C-4A5E-B257-BD4E6C015B74.jpeg
    C510B66E-8A8C-4A5E-B257-BD4E6C015B74.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 299
  • 4917B8E0-5FE3-4946-B468-705247B142CA.jpeg
    4917B8E0-5FE3-4946-B468-705247B142CA.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 259
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Can go from 1 to 2B with this? What's your curly maxxing routine?
is it entirely straight? theres a good chance you can get some wavy hair, if your east asian it might be a bit hard tho.
look at the girl, most of hair was straight or slightly wavy and after like a few months of curly friendly hair routine her hair is like that
Yes I want the guide. I wish I had some curls bad, I have straight hair
okay we'll see.
cope

straight hair is WASP
white anglo saxon protestant. cool
What kind of hair do I have some of it waves but some of it is like a hook
defenitely 2c, try and pull off the 2nd dudes haircut with the red phone. good chance youd look good with it, but dunno without seeing your face

3a is when your hair coils, like kind of in a circle, like this

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Aseancell and Uglyandfat
is it entirely straight? theres a good chance you can get some wavy hair, if your east asian it might be a bit hard tho.
look at the girl, most of hair was straight or slightly wavy and after like a few months of curly friendly hair routine her hair is like that

okay we'll see.

white anglo saxon protestant. cool

defenitely 2c, try and pull off the 2nd dudes haircut with the red phone. good chance youd look good with it, but dunno without seeing your face
View attachment 306360
3a is when your hair coils, like kind of in a circle, like this
View attachment 306359
what’s the mix of these two pics

• +1
Reactions: athnico
what’s the mix of these two pics
umm 3a id say, the longer your hair gets the curlier it gets (up to a certain point of course). the dude with the red phone isnt wearing any product compared to the guy with the hoodie so its a bit hard to compare. the photo below is 3a. with 2c in the back. i posted the same guy with dried styled hair to show you what i mean as well

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
View attachment 306155

View attachment 306160
View attachment 306163
View attachment 306165

View attachment 306166View attachment 306167View attachment 306173View attachment 306175
View attachment 306174

Send your curlmaxxing steps

I have curly hair as an asian, i like it but hella annoying to take care of.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
tbh I dislike my pseudocurls (2A), would rarher have straight hair

thats unique af, keep that, what kind of curly hair?

Probably between 2c and 3a, I used to hate it because my hair used to get dry and look frizzy af but now that I know how to take care of it I rock the curls a lot.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and athnico
Probably between 2c and 3a, I used to hate it because my hair used to get dry and look frizzy af but now that I know how to take care of it I rock the curls a lot.
that’s legit amazing, conditioner a lot is all i can say

agreed
i have curly hair and it looks awful when i grow it out
arent you black? there’s is unlimitef
options on what you can do.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
No, her hair was always that curly- it was the products that she had been using previously didn't work for her hair and she switched to the Curly Girl/Guy method. It doesn't make your hair have curl where there isn't any already- it just allows your hair to be what it is actually meant to be like.

• +1
No, her hair was always that curly- it was the products that she had been using previously didn't work for her hair and she switched to the Curly Girl/Guy method. It doesn't make your hair have curl where there isn't any already- it just allows your hair to be what it is actually meant to be like.
ah yeah thats true. silicone buildup and that, right? looks like it was quite dehydrated. my bad.

ah yeah thats true. silicone buildup and that, right? looks like it was quite dehydrated. my bad.
Silicones really aren't the demon that they've been made out to be- there absolutely is a section of people who they're not amazing for but they are absolutely not the kind of thing that one needs to bathe in fucking holy water after using.

• +1
Excellent post. I always find that I look way better and my face way more defined with curly hair.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962 and athnico
Give the guide!!

looks gay to me ngl

Give the guide!!
Its literally just the Curly Girl/Guy method- there's nothing new here. Although it should be said that if you have no natural curl to your hair then it won't do shit for you.

• +1
Make a curly hair guide pls

damn maybe its your haircut then?
I think it is. I'm trying to grow it, hopefully parents won't make it cut it again on the top

• +1
wavy is better than curly

Silicones really aren't the demon that they've been made out to be- there absolutely is a section of people who they're not amazing for but they are absolutely not the kind of thing that one needs to bathe in fucking holy water after using.
i see. for the most part, what is it? too many sulfates or like drying alcohols (those are the 3 things that r/curlyhair make seem terrible)? or just people not really taking care of the hair properly?

Its literally just the Curly Girl/Guy method- there's nothing new here. Although it should be said that if you have no natural curl to your hair then it won't do shit for you.
thats absolutely correct, theres nothing new here. heres the google doc @je3oe https://docs.google.com/document/d/...f5cOV3oV-dQ3B0AHA/edit#heading=h.t37f7kwlj2xe . however i find that some of their product recommendations to be african-american orientated, and for most people will be way too thick to be using but they recommend to everyone.

Make a curly hair guide pls
googledoc above

wavy is better than curly
sure

You look like a wolf tbh
wolfmaxx

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and Kingkellz
cope

straight hair is WASP
I'm a WASP and I have wavy hair. Honestly the only thing I'm completely happy about lookswise is my golden wavy hair, if I go bald I might rope.

I'm a WASP and I have wavy hair. Honestly the only thing I'm completely happy about lookswise is my golden wavy hair, if I go bald I might rope.
wtf is a wasp

i see. for the most part, what is it? too many sulfates or like drying alcohols (those are the 3 things that r/curlyhair make seem terrible)? or just people not really taking care of the hair properly?
It really depends on the individual as to what affects them more. It must be said though that I don't know many (or any actually, off the top of my head) people in my field that would recommend not using shampoo.

• +1
It really depends on the individual as to what affects them more. It must be said though that I don't know many (or any actually, off the top of my head) people in my field that would recommend not using shampoo.
really? wow, the subreddit basically says stop shampoo for the most part and switch to co-washing. heres a quote from the doc

"Normal shampoo strips all the natural oils out of your hair, so your scalp starts overproducing to keep up. Once you stop removing oils, your scalp takes a while to realize it doesn't need to produce so much. This transition time can last between 1 day to a month. If you need to remove more oils, you can try "low poo" or "no poo" for cleansing options that will get rid of more grease but are still CG-approved. "

really? wow, the subreddit basically says stop shampoo for the most part and switch to co-washing. heres a quote from the doc

"Normal shampoo strips all the natural oils out of your hair, so your scalp starts overproducing to keep up. Once you stop removing oils, your scalp takes a while to realize it doesn't need to produce so much. This transition time can last between 1 day to a month. If you need to remove more oils, you can try "low poo" or "no poo" for cleansing options that will get rid of more grease but are still CG-approved. "
I don't know of a single trichologist that would agree with that- I'm not saying its wrong, just not what most people that actually work on this would recommend in my experience.
Obviously don't over wash or use an overly stripping shampoo, but the surfactants in a conditioner just aren't going to be enough to get your hair clean.

• +1
perhaps the greatest thread to even come from a greycel. well done indeade.
looks gay to me ngl
said the man with a tokyo ghoul fanart avi

• +1
I don't know of a single trichologist that would agree with that- I'm not saying its wrong, just not what most people that actually work on this would recommend in my experience.
Obviously don't over wash or use an overly stripping shampoo, but the surfactants in a conditioner just aren't going to be enough to get your hair clean.
i have a silicone free shampoo. would this be cool to use, as it has sulfates?

perhaps the greatest thread to even come from a greycel. well done indeade.

said the man with a tokyo ghoul fanart avi
top greycel
wdym ken kaneki is lit bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962
i have a silicone free shampoo. would this be cool to use, as it has sulfates?
If your hair is fine with sulphates then go for it. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you've got coloured hair but other than that it's up to you.

straight hair mogs

• +1
Reactions: Cope
Coping

All that text just to help OP cope with the fact that his curly hair is just low class subhuman. Straight hair is high class and is just simply better. I'm a wavy haircel but when I comb that shit it instantly ascends me.

There's a reason why O'Pry gets keratin treatments because his hair is naturally curly.

• Hmm...
View attachment 307271
All that text just to help OP cope with the fact that his curly hair is just low class subhuman. Straight hair is high class and is just simply better. I'm a wavy haircel but when I comb that shit it instantly ascends me.

There's a reason why O'Pry gets keratin treatments because his hair is naturally curly.
guess you live up to your name then

Looks disgusting JFL MUH curly

CEF9A94E 6289 415F B77E 7311875F54E1

This is ideal straight with waves
View attachment 307271

Does he really get keratin treatment???

Fucking incel opry JFL

• Hmm...
Thank God I have straight hair
Can just use a curler and call it a day tbh

guess you live up to your name then
I'm giving you a reality check, this curly hair thing is a meme and will die soon.

You fell hard for it because you have subhuman curly hair. I'm sorry boyo, but hopefully you'll learn from this.
Does he really get keratin treatment???

Fucking incel opry JFL
Curly hair:

Straight hair:

Nessman
Curly hair:

Straight hair:

Last edited:
I'm giving you a reality check, this curly hair thing is a meme and will die soon.

You fell hard for it because you have subhuman curly hair. I'm sorry boyo, but hopefully you'll learn from this.

Curly hair:
View attachment 307332

Straight hair:
View attachment 307345

Nessman
Curly hair:
View attachment 307356

Straight hair:
View attachment 307358
Straight mogs specially on nessmen
that guy looks weird

looks fake
Not his face look at his hair JFL

• Hmm...
View attachment 307271

JFL at thinking o'pry is attractive because of his hair he could still be bald and mog everyone here because of his perfect eye area alone.

• +1
JFL at thinking o'pry is attractive because of his hair he could still be bald and mog everyone here because of his perfect eye area alone.
That wasn’t my point at all, but I get you want attention so I see why you felt the need to post such a brainless statement.

• Hmm...
That wasn’t my point at all, but I get you want attention so I see why you felt the need to post such a brainless statement.
dont use o'pry as an example then.