IGF-1 On A Budget: Increase IGF-1, Lower Blood Sugar & Increase IGF-1 Receptors With These 2 Minerals.

IGF-1 On A Budget: Increase IGF-1, Lower Blood Sugar & Increase IGF-1 Receptors With These 2 Minerals.

Table of Contents
  • Introduction
  • Vanadium on Insulin & IGF-1
  • Chromium on Insulin, IGF-1, and IGF-1 Receptors
  • The relationship between Insulin and IGF-1
  • Footer Citations

Introduction
I've recently discovered that two trace minerals, that costs no more than $20 at most, can increase your IGF-1, maybe increase the amount of IGF-1 receptors (huge) and lower your blood sugar levels to prevent diabetes.

Vanadium

When vanadium enters the bloodstream, it mimics insulin and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). The exact mechanism of action of why vanadium or any of vanadium's forms (like vanadyl sulfate, etc.) does what it does isn't fully clear, so I won't get into that.

According to Mount Sinai, on this page: "Vanadium is a trace mineral found in many foods. Scientists think your body may need vanadium in very small amounts for normal bone growth."

Vanadium has insulin-like effects, improves insulin sensitivity in people with type 2 diabetes, and is known to lower blood sugar levels. Vanadium also is capable of increasing the levels of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) in the bloodstream.

Of course, Vanadium is inferior to IGF-1 but if you want to increase IGF-1 on a budget while also decreasing blood sugar, here's the thing for you.

Anyone who is taking a GH agonist like MK-677 or anyone who's taking high carbohydrate diets for heightmaxing needs this to prevent high blood sugar, and to prevent diabetes or pre-diabetes while taking a GH agonist. Lowers the side effects while providing even more benefits.

However, you need to understand that vanadium is actually a trace mineral (a mineral needed by the body in extremely small amounts). Your diet probably already has trace amounts of vanadium. Vanadium is unsafe when used in large amounts and for a long time. At higher than needed doses, vanadium can cause unwanted side effects including:
  • Abdominal discomfort
  • Diarrhea
  • Nausea
  • Gas
  • A greenish tongue
  • Loss of energy
  • Problems with the nervous system
Types of Vanadium to purchase, if you're considering it: Vanadyl sulfate

Proper dosing of Vanadium: At the end of the day, it's always best to monitor your blood sugar and your body to see how much you need. Higher blood sugar levels require higher doses of Vanadium. I'd suggest a 2mg as the upper limit of dosing, probably recommending 500mcg to 1mg of Vanadium daily.

Chromium

Chromium also seems to have a similar effect as Vanadium when it comes to lowering blood sugar and increasing IGF-1, so I won't repeat myself here,

What I will say is that I found an interesting line on the internet:

"
Chromium is a cofactor for insulin function and is essential for IGF-1 receptor (IGF-1R) signaling. In skeletal muscle cells, chromium can improve protein deposition by increasing mRNA levels of IGF-1 and IGF-1R"

What does that mean? Chromium has the capacity to tell the body to increase the amount of IGF-1 and IGF-1 receptors in our body, meaning there are more places for IGF-1 to actually connect to it's receptor and activate IGF-1 like effects on cells.

If you don't have receptors for a certain protein, the effects of it are actually reduced. Your body will reduce the amount of receptors for certain types of receptors, leading to desensitization and tolerance.

Have you ever taken anything or just in general, have you ever felt like something was more exciting and fun the first time and now it's not as fun anymore? One of the most important reasons is that's due to the fact that when the body detects overstimulation on a receptor, it has a set of things it does to prevent or mitigate the downsides of overstimulation, such as reducing receptor count (so the abundance of whatever is overstimulating the receptor has much less places to stimulate), or become less reponsive to the overstimulant (imagine dopamine binding to a receptor, but the receptor's activation isn't as strong as it was before).

This is why it's common to cycle things, like steroids, IGF-1, or other things. The off part in the cycle can allow the body to resensitize and increase the receptor count to normal levels.

The reason why I mention Chromium here is that we can prolong the time it takes for the body to reduce it's response to IGF-1 by adding more IGF-1 receptors in the body.

Symptoms of chromium toxicity include:

• Occupational asthma
  • Eye irritation and damage
  • Perforated eardrums
  • Respiratory irritation
  • Kidney damage
  • Liver damage
  • Pulmonary congestion
  • Edema
  • Upper abdominal pain
  • Nose irritation and damage
  • Respiratory cancer
  • Skin irritation

Types of Chromium to purchase if you're considering (ranked): Chromium GTF, Chromium Picolinate, Trichromium
Dosage Range: 200mcg - 1,000mcg: (lower limit and upper limit, respectively)
Recommended dosage: 300mcg-800mcg

Level Up Unlock GIF by Sugartown

The relationship between Insulin and IGF-1

Insulin and insulin-like growth factor 1 are structurally similar. Any two proteins that are structurally similar usually are able to activate each other's receptors, albeit with reduced affinity, despite both Insulin and IGF-1 having different functions.

Think of insulin and IGF-1 as keys and the receptors, the locks. Since Insulin and IGF-1 are built similarly, they can fit in and unlock each other's locks (receptors), albeit with reduced effectiveness, meaning insulin can activate an IGF-1 receptor and cause IGF-1 like effects in a cell, but it won't be as effective as if actual IGF-1 binded to that receptor.

Insulin can activate IGF-1 receptors (with reduced effectiveness) and IGF-1 can activate insulin receptors (with reduced effectiveness).

Why is this important? Anything that mimics insulin/IGF-1 can be used for heightmaxing. Keyword is "mimics insulin or IGF-1".
Make sure to do your research, pal. Understand their mechanism of action (how it does what it does), side effects, and getting proper dosage information.

Fire Elmo GIF
DANGER:

TAKE EXTENSIVE PRECAUTION AND AVOID HYPOGLYCEMIA (LOW BLOOD SUGAR) OR SEVERE HYPOGLYCEMIA (EXTREMELY LOW BLOOD SUGAR), AS THE FORMER IS A DISEASE AND THE LATTER CAN KILL YOU.

BE RESPONSIBLE WHEN TAKING THINGS THAT COULD LOWER YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LIKE INSULIN MIMETICS, IGF-1 MIMETICS, OR IGF-1, AS A CHRONIC ABUSE OF THESE THINGS CAN LEAD TO HYPOGLYCEMIA, OR SEVERE HYPOGLYCEMIA AND KILL YOU.

MEASURE YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS OR MONITOR YOUR BODY TO ENSURE THAT YOUR BLOOD SUGAR ISN'T IN A RANGE THAT CAN KILL YOU!

If you appreciated this thread, please like this thread and vote for me in FUOTY here.

Also, in general, watch the Offtopic section and if you see a match in which I am there, please vote for me. Thanks!

Footer Citations/References
  1. Yang, Xiaoda. (2018). Biology of Vanadium-Based Compounds for Treatment of Diabetes. 10.1016/B978-0-12-409547-2.14295-7.
  2. Pal, Ravi & Mani, Veena & Tripathi, Deepika & Kumar, Rajesh & Kewalramani, Neelam. (2018). Influence of Feeding Inorganic Vanadium on Growth Performance, Endocrine Variables and Biomarkers of Bone Health in Crossbred Calves. Biological Trace Element Research. 182. 10.1007/s12011-017-1095-y.
  3. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. (2005, October 12). Vanadium Appears To Play Role In Speeding Recovery From Infections. ScienceDaily. Retrieved December 24, 2023 from www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/10/051012084200.html
  4. Wang, S., Hou, K., Gui, S. et al. Insulin-like growth factor 1 in heat stress-induced neuroinflammation: novel perspective about the neuroprotective role of chromium. Stress Biology 3, 23 (2023). https://doi.org/10.1007/s44154-023-00105-1

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Mog3D, Ark, Faaska and 13 others
Bookmarked. Nice job on the formatting btw!

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
brutal no reply pill.

do not take vanadium supplements

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and enchanted_elixir
is it necesasry to take both?

• +1
why is that?
bad for liver and kidneys, and just because it has insulin-like effects in terms of blood sugar doesn't mean it will have insulin-like effects on bone in terms of promoting growth

vanadium in diabetics improves their diabetes but has a whole host of other side effects like nausea and liver/kidney toxicity

it's better to stick to the things we know and are safe than come up with novel untested theories

• Hmm...
bad for liver and kidneys, and just because it has insulin-like effects in terms of blood sugar doesn't mean it will have insulin-like effects on bone in terms of promoting growth

vanadium in diabetics improves their diabetes but has a whole host of other side effects like nausea and liver/kidney toxicity

it's better to stick to the things we know and are safe than come up with novel untested theories
is chromium okay?

Banger thread as always

• Hmm...
Just eat gemstones theory
Jokes aside, good theorizing, how do you know it is effective though?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465 and enchanted_elixir
Just eat gemstones theory
Jokes aside, good theorizing, how do you know it is effective though?
Through reading information online, and the help of A.I.
Of course, the way to legit confirm it works is to try it on yourself and measure your IGF-1 and insulin levels.

Through reading information online, and the help of A.I.
Of course, the way to legit confirm it works is to try it on yourself and measure your IGF-1 and insulin levels.
We need someone with scientist budget to test our theories to register

• +1
Another exceptional thread!

• Hmm...
Not to sound like a hater, but in all honesty, it's hard to say that any of the evidence you provided proved at all that Vandium or Chromium increases IGF-1 levels, as you didn't show any studies that show directly that Vandium or Chromium when used in humans will lead to increased serum IGF-1 levels. For example, while Chromium does signal IGF-1, it doesn't mean that direct supplementation of more chromium will lead to increased serum IGF-1 levels, as many factors could play into how Chromium works, and having more of something doesn't always correlate with an enhanced effect.

This is also an issue that I recently discovered even when looking back at my old thread about MSM increasing IGF-1, as despite even researchers acknowledging its possible potential to increase serum IGF-1 levels through signaling, there still aren't any actual real studies analyzing if MSM supplementation at a certain dosage or threshold leads to IGF-1 increases and what degree as well.

I am not completely confident if someone were to supplement with Chromium or Vanadium, that they'd notice increased IGF-1 levels, so I think it's best to stay haste until at least even someone on the forum at least tries it out and reports their blood test and IGF-1 levels before and after taking it.

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali and enchanted_elixir
Not to sound like a hater, but in all honesty, it's hard to say that any of the evidence you provided proved at all that Vandium or Chromium increases IGF-1 levels, as you didn't show any studies that show directly that Vandium or Chromium when used in humans will lead to increased serum IGF-1 levels. For example, while Chromium does signal IGF-1, it doesn't mean that direct supplementation of more chromium will lead to increased serum IGF-1 levels, as many factors could play into how Chromium works, and having more of something doesn't always correlate with an enhanced effect.

This is also an issue that I recently discovered even when looking back at my old thread about MSM increasing IGF-1, as despite even researchers acknowledging its possible potential to increase serum IGF-1 levels through signaling, there still aren't any actual real studies analyzing if MSM supplementation at a certain dosage or threshold leads to IGF-1 increases and what degree as well.

I am not completely confident if someone were to supplement with Chromium or Vanadium, that they'd notice increased IGF-1 levels, so I think it's best to stay haste until at least even someone on the forum at least tries it out and reports their blood test and IGF-1 levels before and after taking it.
Since both of you are in this thread already I would just like to ask about what the best protocol would be to prevent diabetes and control blood sugar while on growth hormone secretagogues. I have heard plenty of opinions ranging from Alpha Lipoic Acid and Chromium Picolinate, Slin Pills, Berberine and so many others. I was just curious what your take is on this and what you would take to control blood sugar.

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
Since both of you are in this thread already I would just like to ask about what the best protocol would be to prevent diabetes and control blood sugar while on growth hormone secretagogues. I have heard plenty of opinions ranging from Alpha Lipoic Acid and Chromium Picolinate, Slin Pills, Berberine and so many others. I was just curious what your take is on this and what you would take to control blood sugar.
ALA and Chromium is what I'd take personally, since I know those better.

• +1
Reactions: Kman
@Osie Thoughts on Slin Pills?