Is security guard a good job for wannabe NEETs?

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Ogremaxxing
I got an offer for an interview for a job with good pay

But the hours are either: 4 x 12 hour shifts a week (2 day shifts, 2 night shifts), or 5 x 9 hour shifts a week for slightly less pay

So more hours than a regular 9-5, and also the hours are on a rota of working overnight or in the day

It's security for an organisation, likely just checking people in and watching CCTV, so it would probably be easy af and low work, but the schedule could maybe fuck up your health and youth long term due to inconsistent sleep schedule

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and n0rthface

But the hours are either: 4 x 12 hour shifts a week (2 day shifts, 2 night shifts), or 5 x 9 hour shifts a week for slightly less pay

So more hours than a regular 9-5, and also the hours are on a rota of working overnight or in the day

It's security for an organisation, likely just checking people in and watching CCTV, so it would probably be easy af and low work, but the schedule could maybe fuck up your health and youth long term due to inconsistent sleep schedule
Yes that’s literally my dream job, if I was you I’d definitely go for the 5x9 and do it

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
Yes that’s literally my dream job, if I was you I’d definitely go for the 5x9 and do it
The hours aren't consistent, it rotates between 06:00-15:00, 08:00-17:00 or 11:00-20:00, but tbh i have nothing else so if i get this job i might just take it

Its good job drink coffee and watch YouTube all day

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and n0rthface
  • JFL
Reactions: User28823 and ShowerMaxxing
Try get a 2 on 2 off schedule

• +1

Absolutely. I was MP in the army, so it was somewhat like that and I really enjoyed it. Mogger job, pay is probably a little weak, but you can live off it.

• +1
Absolutely. I was MP in the army, so it was somewhat like that and I really enjoyed it. Mogger job, pay is probably a little weak, but you can live off it.
Pay is £35k for 5x9 shifts, or £39k for 4x12 shifts in London, which is a good salary for someone straight out of uni, but it is more hours than a regular job.

Although less work in those hours

4 x 12 hour shifts a week (2 day shifts, 2 night shifts),
That’s an awful working pattern please do not do this. You will literally be fucked your whole live will be fucked, your body clock will be ruined. Do not do this.

• +1
Pay is £35k for 5x9 shifts, or £39k for 4x12 shifts in London, which is a good salary for someone straight out of uni, but it is more hours than a regular job.

Although less work in those hours
That's not that bad. I'd definitely choose the 4x12. Sounds unironically good, you can probably watch movies or scroll the internet a large portion of the day.

• +1
Try get a 2 on 2 off schedule
It's described as 12 hour rotating shifts, 2 day shifts and 2 night shifts, with 4 days off. Is this what u mean?
Is this better than monday-friday 9 hours?

easy work until some criminal shows up n sheit

• JFL
Reactions: User28823
That’s an awful working pattern please do not do this. You will literally be fucked your whole live will be fucked, your body clock will be ruined. Do not do this.
Have you ever worked a day in your life? 2 night shifts in a week won't do shit.

• +1
Brutal
What about the other schedule: Monday-friday 9 hour shifts changing between either 6am-3pm, 8am-5pm, or 11am-8pm?

Brutal
What about the other schedule: Monday-friday 9 hour shifts either 6am-3pm, 8am-5pm, or 11am-8pm?
6am-3pm if you choose to do that. Nicer to be off work early and to have time to do something after work. By 5pm or 8pm the day is literally done.

• +1
6am-3pm if you choose to do that. Nicer to be off work early and to have time to do something after work. By 5pm or 8pm the day is literally done.
Unfortunately it changes, so each week you work a different variation of one of those shifts
Because of that, I think the 12 hour day/night shifts is better, you also get 4 days off as opposed to only 2 with the monday-friday. It's just if the changing between day and night shift is bad for you

Ask @Birdcell he used to be a security guard

• JFL
Reactions: Birdcell and optimisticzoomer
literally do nothin all day

• +1