Just had Sliding Genioplasty

Greycels:
- People that are not “all talk no action”.

Read forums>Recognize your failos>Seek treatment>Post before-after>Live your life

Thats what I did: braces,skin care,hair loss prevention,double jaw surgery in 20 days,gym..etc and not shitposting here every day.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: wateriswet, Deleted member 2729, Oberyn and 9 others
Yeah genio would be enough to solve the lip protrusion
The Genio made my lips way better, I used to have a huge lower lip because my chin was so small but now they fit my face a lot better.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, A23ghskung, Danish_Retard and 3 others
I thought I was boneless tbh. The scans showed I wasn’t and now Already a day after surgery despite how swollen my face is my cheekbones stick out way more and I now have a slight ogee curve.
how would genio improve your cheekbones

• +1
Reactions: qsabathi
how would genio improve your cheekbones
Skin tightness is more important than I thought. My cheekbones seemed invisible because to me since my cheeks were so round before. Now the soft tissue is stretched and makes them actually visible.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, A23ghskung, AscendingHero and 3 others
Skin tightness is more important than I thought. My cheekbones seemed invisible because to me since my cheeks were so round before. Now the soft tissue is stretched and makes them actually visible.
Do you mind sharing your pictures in DMs?

I thought I was boneless tbh. The scans showed I wasn’t and now Already a day after surgery despite how swollen my face is my cheekbones stick out way more and I now have a slight ogee curve.
What the genio helped your cheekbones?

• +1
sorry posted twice

How are you feeling bro? On meds?
Tired and swollen. Couldn’t really sleep last night because of all the blood pooling in my mouth. I decided to not take any besides a disinfectant since the pain wasn’t too bad.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614
Total advancement was 7 mm forward, but my surgeon said I was a very atypical case since I had a well developed jaw, perfect bite and very good skull development. The only thing that was severely lacking was chin height and prominence which made my features somewhat exaggerated. The surgeon said that I also had a very well developed chin muscle wise since It poked out, but a normal Genioplasty would had just made the crease I already have way more visible and unnatural. So instead we agreed on a newer version of the Genioplasty where you shift the bone downwards as well to add height. The pictures below show what he did for the procedure. Overall I’m very impressed even after the first day. My gandy nose looks much smaller and harmonizes with the rest of my face much better despite the swelling. I also can actually see that I did have a decent jaw and chin, just got a bit unlucky and got my grandfathers short chin. I’ll post more pics when I’m fully recovered.
what i always wanted to know is, does the bone regrow?

Total advancement was 7 mm forward, but my surgeon said I was a very atypical case since I had a well developed jaw, perfect bite and very good skull development. The only thing that was severely lacking was chin height and prominence which made my features somewhat exaggerated. The surgeon said that I also had a very well developed chin muscle wise since It poked out, but a normal Genioplasty would had just made the crease I already have way more visible and unnatural. So instead we agreed on a newer version of the Genioplasty where you shift the bone downwards as well to add height. The pictures below show what he did for the procedure. Overall I’m very impressed even after the first day. My gandy nose looks much smaller and harmonizes with the rest of my face much better despite the swelling. I also can actually see that I did have a decent jaw and chin, just got a bit unlucky and got my grandfathers short chin. I’ll post more pics when I’m fully recovered.

Do you have to sleep upright after surgery? How long is the recovery and can you eat foods normally?

Can’t wait to get this shit. Good stuff, man.

• +1
Do you have to sleep upright after surgery? How long is the recovery and can you eat foods normally?
Yes I do. The recovery depends from person to person but I think I'll recover pretty fast as I always have. I have to drink shakes with protein and a'lot of peanut butter for the most part. Going to try to chew some Mac and Cheese later tonight.

Your current jaw is mine pre-IMDO and I maxxed it out jfl
No it not. I didn't have an underbite at all. In fact I had a perfect bite. IMDO requires an underbite to even be considered. When I say well developed looks at the width, gonians and mandible. I only had a short chin.

No it not. I didn't have an underbite at all. In fact I had a perfect bite. IMDO requires an underbite to even be considered. When I say well developed looks at the width, gonians and mandible. I only had a short chin.
Lol at this lack of knowledge tbh

IMDO - intermolar MANDIBULAR distraction osteogenesis is a device used to distract the lower jaw forward and it is used for overbites. Regardless, perfect bite does not equal perfect development. Your mandible is short, mine was the same length and I was diagnosed with anterior mandibular hypoplasia. I ended up getting 14.5mm lower jaw advancement. Anterior Mandibular Hypoplasia is 3-dimensional; if you have a short mandible, your width and height is bad as well.

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and AscendingHero
Lol at this lack of knowledge tbh

IMDO - intermolar MANDIBULAR distraction osteogenesis is a device used to distract the lower jaw forward and it is used for overbites. Regardless, perfect bite does not equal perfect development. Your mandible is short, mine was the same length and I was diagnosed with anterior mandibular hypoplasia. I ended up getting 14.5mm lower jaw advancement. Anterior Mandibular Hypoplasia is 3-dimensional; if you have a short mandible, your width and height is bad as well.
Ah mb, I meant overbite. I went to multiple oral and maxillofacial surgeons and they all said I had good development. Just because your chin is short doesn't mean the rest of your jaw can't be well developed. You can tell by my flared gonians which no one else has in my family. I don't agree with width at all or height as you can see by my ramus. Width is also almost the same as my zygos, wider than my temples. Your telling me I have bad jaw width when it clearly would look like some stupid morph otherwise? I had a short recessed chin and had to move my jaw only 7 mm which ha made a huge difference. You probably had an ultra recessed chin if you had to move it 14.5 mm forward.

• +1
Reactions: zeek, AscendingHero, valhalar and 2 others
Ah mb, I meant overbite. I went to multiple oral and maxillofacial surgeons and they all said I had good development. Just because your chin is short doesn't mean the rest of your jaw can't be well developed. You can tell by my flared gonians which no one else has in my family. I don't agree with width at all or height as you can see by my ramus. Width is also almost the same as my zygos, wider than my temples. Your telling me I have bad jaw width when it clearly would look like some stupid morph otherwise? I had a short recessed chin and had to move my jaw only 7 mm which ha made a huge difference. You probably had an ultra recessed chin if you had to move it 14.5 mm forward.
Flared gonions aren’t necessarily involved in craniofacial development bro. I am literally looking at your scan right now, ur mandible short idk what to tell you lmao. You also had no visible zygos, that’s a sign of poor development. Again, if you have a short chin, you have a short mandible, narrow chin = narrow jaw. Same shit. Yes bro because 14.5mm of JAW advancement means my chin is recessed when its not even solely advancing my chin. Lol. Rn my jaw alone mogs your entire pogonion distance without my genio yet which is 10mm..

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Flared gonions aren’t necessarily involved in craniofacial development bro. I am literally looking at your scan right now, ur mandible short idk what to tell you lmao. You also had no visible zygos, that’s a sign of poor development. Again, if you have a short chin, you have a short mandible, narrow chin = narrow jaw. Same shit. Yes bro because 14.5mm of JAW advancement means my chin is recessed when its not even solely advancing my chin. Lol. Rn my jaw alone mogs your entire pogonion distance without my genio yet which is 10mm..
Maybe I am confusing terms. Yes I agree my mandible was short and in that respect I agree that part of my jaw was not very well developed., which was the whole reason for my genioplasty. Because my mandible was short, and because the chin lacked height, it threw my features off balance. Now, my chin was interesting because it was in fact decently wide. Not anything crazy, but wide enough that it's ok. Short chin does not equate to narrow chin., you can tell be the little node of bones at the end of my chin. What is an example of very well developed zygo on a skull. Also please show me a scan of your skull so we can actually compare.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
Update on healing?

• +1
Reactions: valhalar
Lower third i still pretty swollen, but I'm able to eat more solid foods now.
You noticing improvements in your front still? Also when will your face no longer be swollen?

You noticing improvements in your front still? Also when will your face no longer be swollen?
Not sure when it wont be swollen. Probably not going to see much improvement until it's gone down. I'm assuming I'll be swollen for another week. Side profile isn't an abomination anymore though. Its really hard to tell since everything below my jaw is incredibly swollen.

updates?

• +1
Reactions: zeek
Everything below my lower lip is still numb, swelling has gone down quite a bit but I’m still a bit swollen near the base of my jaw. Looks pretty good.

things like this keep me alive !! good luck on recovery

• +1
Your telling me I have bad jaw width when it clearly would look like some stupid morph otherwise? I had a short recessed chin and had to move my jaw only 7 mm which ha made a huge difference. You probably had an ultra recessed chin if you had to move it 14.5 mm forward.
That guy also tried to tell me I needed bimax when in reality any bimax movement worth doing it for would give me chimp face. You should view him with skepticism. I only want a genioplasty movement smaller than yours.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988 and qsabathi
Greycels:

Read forums>Recognize your failos>Seek treatment>Post before-after>Live your life

Thats what I did: braces,skin care,hair loss prevention,double jaw surgery in 20 days,gym..etc and not shitposting here every day.
Started losing hair -> reverse it fin/dut (too weak for me) or with tranny meds (my choice after 5ar inhib failed to regrow). Cheap af.
4B5E42D1 A883 45DE 99D1 6E0A5E908D04
Got tits from tranny meds? Ok cut them out.. 2k euros.
F9DB26F4 3C8B 410D A922 8A35A32D6E14
Got bad skin? Red and patchy, pimples etc. Ok go buy 10 euro tretinoin and use it for 6months with basic moisturizer.
FE1005A2 6FB2 4EEE B817 10FBEDF0C7DC

Got hooked nose,bad maxilla with nasolabial folds? Do research, jaw surgery is free even for minor cases in europe only thing you pay is braces (2k euros) which are another plus if you got crooked teeth, 2 birds 1 stone.
7662DA44 6DB9 4A65 A83B 7B35DE56C0C8 (Second day post op swollen as mf)
No before after for this one because there is no point right now. Anyway le fort 1 7mm, ccw,impaction 3mm i think. And bsso for cant correction. For free.

Its really not that hard when you prioritize your goals and stop pussying out.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: anticel, Biiyo03, Deleted member 20327 and 5 others
Greycels:

still in love with this forum

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9405
Started losing hair -> reverse it fin/dut (too weak for me) or with tranny meds (my choice after 5ar inhib failed to regrow). Cheap af.
View attachment 1654373
Got tits from tranny meds? Ok cut them out.. 2k euros.
View attachment 1654374
Got bad skin? Red and patchy, pimples etc. Ok go buy 10 euro tretinoin and use it for 6months with basic moisturizer.
View attachment 1654383

Got hooked nose,bad maxilla with nasolabial folds? Do research, jaw surgery is free even for minor cases in europe only thing you pay is braces (2k euros) which are another plus if you got crooked teeth, 2 birds 1 stone.
View attachment 1654377 (Second day post op swollen as mf)
No before after for this one because there is no point right now. Anyway le fort 1 7mm, ccw,impaction 3mm i think. And bsso for cant correction. For free.

Its really not that hard when you prioritize your goals and stop pussying out.
Did you have to visit an orthodontist first, and did he simply give you a diagnosis for your malocclusion based on which you were able to get the surgery covered by insurance or did you have to get a sleep apnea test or of a similar nature? Also did you have to wear braces first? My ortho said I have a class II malocclusion but insisted that its nothing to worry about and I have yet to see if he considers I need beaces at least.

• +1
I admire your ambition and diligence OP, and of course, your great results, the same for @dani500

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: wateriswet and Deleted member 9405
Did you have to visit an orthodontist first, and did he simply give you a diagnosis for your malocclusion based on which you were able to get the surgery covered by insurance or did you have to get a sleep apnea test or of a similar nature? Also did you have to wear braces first? My ortho said I have a class II malocclusion but insisted that its nothing to worry about and I have yet to see if he considers I need beaces at least.
I came to regular dentist trying to point out the fact i have class 3 underbite but not visible because body naturally retroclines incisors together and looks like pseudo class 1. And conversly flares out in class 2. Not much help from her so I did xray myself (privately) and did analysis of steiner,witts and others methods to determine severity of my bite and what is needed up to single milimeter and degree. And ive sent mail to one ortho that specializes on ortho surgeries and she was so impressed with my knowledge that she offered me a job as 3D dental assistant or some shit with payed additional schooling/courses even tho im bach. electrical engineer.
Anyway she took my case from there and we made plan together and I just got my surgery. It took me 3 months to find right ortho thats hardest part.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: lasthope, valhalar, Danish_Retard and 2 others
I came to regular dentist trying to point out the fact i have class 3 underbite but not visible because body naturally retroclines incisors together and looks like pseudo class 1. And conversly flares out in class 2. Not much help from her so I did xray myself (privately) and did analysis of steiner,witts and others methods to determine severity of my bite and what is needed up to single milimeter and degree. And ive sent mail to one ortho that specializes on ortho surgeries and she was so impressed with my knowledge that she offered me a job as 3D dental assistant or some shit with payed additional schooling/courses even tho im bach. electrical engineer.
Anyway she took my case from there and we made plan together and I just got my surgery. It took me 3 months to find right ortho thats hardest part.
Thanks for the great response.
I suspect my upper incisors are retroclined but I dont have to knowledge to judge the severity of my case.

I had to lie to a doctor about pain related to a torn muscle I didn't have to get sent for a MRI scan only to confirm my guess that I had arthritis in a shoulder. I guess I may have to do something similar again to correct my bite, even if it means frauding a sleep apnea test, which I'm afraid are needed here. But firstly the best would be to get as knowledgeable as possible and keep seeking better orthos until one actually wants my problem fixed like you said. I just hope I don't get to wear braces with elastics to retrude my upper jaw.

Last edited:
  • +1
Are you taking fin/dut still? God damn, you are fucking monster. Mirin your dedication and not sitting on your ass waiting for something to happen.

• +1
Are you taking fin/dut still? God damn, you are fucking monster. Mirin your dedication and not sitting on your ass waiting for something to happen.
Yeah still on dut + bicalutamide (prostate cancer drug that stop hairloss for good) until new drug pyrilutamide doesnt come out later this year, even tho we sourced it from china before release on discord group buy, from black market lab.

• Love it
Reactions: lepo2317
And surgeon came to me this morning and said he is willing to do free septoplasty with anterior nasal spine straightening to bring nose perfectly straight after jaw heals. If you ask, you recieve. Most people are scared of this type of surgeries so he is helpful and supportive in my every action because of my willingnees to improve.

My chin is only non swollen part now (6 days post op) so it looks recessed but trust me my face is much shorter now and people (friends and even closest family) dont recognize me anymore. Im not kidding, i thought they were joking but they were shocked of how great the change is.
A681278A F01E 4938 A378 0F5742D87E83
DBB9B04A 54DB 4118 9EBC 260B9C3B9FE7

Le fort 1 with impaction,ccw bsso and genioplasty (pic for reference).
After this recovery, surgeon said he will do free nose job for my deviated septum and anterior nasal spine.
Doc. Robert Cerovic :feelsokman:
Cost: FREE

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: deepweb1298, valhalar and debuff
Plenty of surgeons I talked to also stated that for some unknown reason any form of jaw surgery seems to improve your under eye area. They don’t know why, but it’s a trend they all have seem to caught up on.
U an idiot if u tho junk genioplasty will help your eyes. Jaw surgery helps the eye area when they do a lefort 1 advancement which projects your midface. Nothing done to lower jaw will affect eyes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17345
Plenty of surgeons I talked to also stated that for some unknown reason any form of jaw surgery seems to improve your under eye area. They don’t know why, but it’s a trend they all have seem to caught up on.
U an idiot if u tho junk genioplasty will help your eyes. Jaw surgery helps the eye area when they do a lefort 1 advancement which projects your midface. Nothing done to lower jaw will affect eyes

Nah. Every surgeon I talked to agreed the soft tissue changes that occur during a genioplasty also affect your eye area. Based on the results I agree with them. I'd think the effects are more pronounced based on the amount of movement.

• +1
Reactions: valhalar and deepweb1298
So I don’t know if you can see it but in the images I posted I kinda have these two little notches on the end of my chin. The position of these influence how wide or square your chin is. I was worried I’d end up with an oval or pointy ballon like face from this procedure. My surgeon told me that since I had these notches it wouldn’t be a problem since I already had a square chin to begin with. It now just sticks out and is actually visible. In the soft tissue estimation, my cheeks and eye fat became a lot less rounded and tighter. This showed me that I actually had cheekbones when I thought I was boneless.
What notches?

@qsabathi Also how is your mentolabial fold does it look alright?

Mentolabial looks natural. Nothing exaggerated, and no significant crease.
I'm worried my genio next week will mess up mine that's why I'm asking.

Mentolabial looks natural. Nothing exaggerated, and no significant crease.
I'm worried my genio next week will mess up mine that's why I'm asking.
If you look closely at the base of my chin you’ll see these small bumps.
Are those bone or something the surgeon installed I'm confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Back