MSE is cope if ur maxilla is recessed

ripcordgod1

ripcordgod1

Sphinx
u will only get good results with MSE if ur maxilla is already forward grown as MSE only widens the maxilla horizontally and nothing else

the maxilla should be widened horizontally AND vertically upwards to achieve optimal results

MSE with shit maxilla leads to uncanny/ogre results ur maxilla will look like shrek

Screenshot 20230425 150015 Chrome

first trimax and if necessary mse afterwards🤝

• +1
Reactions: BongMog
I ripped my maxilla out. Don't need that shit

• JFL
Reactions: Graham
get mewing for upswing

• Love it
Reactions: rooman
what about MSE + facemask? MSE splits the sutrues, allowing for forward growth with facemask

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator
MSE followed by MMA is the established way to do it if you need both lateral and forward expansion. Orthos are afraid to treat palates that have already been destabilised by MMA so its usually done in that order. Segmental lefort would be another possibility.

u will only get good results with MSE if ur maxilla is already forward grown as MSE only widens the maxilla horizontally and nothing else

the maxilla should be widened horizontally AND vertically upwards to achieve optimal results

MSE with shit maxilla leads to uncanny/ogre results ur maxilla will look like shrek

View attachment 2168836
I agree MSE shouldn’t be done without any additional surgeries, but MSE can be a great first step before MMA to get a really thorough result because jaw surgery doesn’t address deficient midface width

To be fair face mask is the only proven way to significantly advance upper maxilla without extensive surgeries. That said MSE in general is overhyped.