Please do not use r/Lonely as a dating platform

chaddyboi66

chaddyboi66

E V I S C E M O G G E R
This is not the place to find the love of your life. Look, a romantic relationship is gonna be the single most important relationship you’ll ever be in. You’re gonna have friends. You’re gonna have a best friend. But there will only be ONE person that shares your heart. r/Lonely is place where people can be listened to and have their emotions valued when no else is there to hear them. It absolutely is the worst feeling like you’re alone and no one cares about you. You built the courage to share to a share to a bunch of strangers what’s on your mind and why you feel the way that you feel. It could be you don’t have any friends yet. It could that things didn’t work out with your boyfriend or girlfriend. It could be that you don’t have a romantic partner yet and feel like that’s it’s never going to happen. Look random person reading this. SHUT. UP. It’s gonna be different even though everything, including yourself, thinks it isn’t possible to meet that special someone. However, you won’t find them here. You’ll find them beyond the screen that you are reading this Reddit post on. That person with whom you’re supposed to be with WILL come for you at the right time and it’ll catch you off guard. Maybe it’s love at first sight. Maybe it’s not. Trust me, when the time comes, will you be too scared to throw away the person who was meant for you? Or will you say, “Screw it”, and go for it. The people who say this go far in life. Wanna a tip to help you get started? You want a friend? First you got to be a friend.

Edit 11/12/2023: Talked to my SO about taking the post down. They said to leave it up.

Edit 11/13/2023: I’m not trying to gate keep. It’s important that people who use this subreddit feel safe and won’t be exploited. Also, it’s in the subreddit rules not to make posts asking for a relationship. I won’t be replying to posts and I don’t care very much for some of the DMs I’ve gotten threatening me.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: noodlelover, bloomercel, Xangsane and 1 other person

• JFL
Reactions: bloomercel
chad only

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel and chaddyboi66
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: changemywayz, bloomercel, chaddyboi66 and 1 other person