Please help me determine what I should do with my orthodontist moving forward.

D

Deleted member 17429

Kraken
Please read the related threads;
Help me determine whether my ortho is gonna ascend me or descend me (Invisalign)

My orthodontist is recommending that I wear my elastics, I currently have a 4mm overbite. I could completely rid my overbite with elastics and fix my bite with them, but I don't wanna run the risk of;
1.) Recessing my alveolar ridge and maxilla
2.) Becoming giga downward grown during puberty.
ETC, you guys all know the sides of wearing elastics. Atleast that this forum warns me about.

But on the other hand, whenever I take off my retainer, I look much much worse. Like .5-1psl lower . So in a way I trust what the orthodontist is doing.

What do you guys recommend I do ? Wear the elastics with the retainers? Go tell my ortho I'm not wearing my elastics? Finish the invisalign and go see a surgeon for bsso/imdo/bimax?
Or I could be a complete sperg and do shit like bonesmashing my mandible, thumbpulling etc to reduce the overbite

tagging idiots who know a thing or two abt this;
@AscendingHero @alienmaxxer @incel194012940 @deadlock @tesseract

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and incel194012940
If only I could go back to 15 years old and not wear those fuckin braces with elastics today I probably wouldn't be here.
I think I've said enough.
Your choice

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1, ChristianChad and Deleted member 2729
If only I could go back to 15 years old and not wear those fuckin braces with elastics today I probably wouldn't be here.
I think I've said enough.
Your choice
It's invisalign with elastics. So it's not exactly the same as with braces.
If only I could show you how I look without my retainers in, it's like jutting vs no jutting

Please read the related threads;
Help me determine whether my ortho is gonna ascend me or descend me (Invisalign)

My orthodontist is recommending that I wear my elastics, I currently have a 4mm overbite. I could completely rid my overbite with elastics and fix my bite with them, but I don't wanna run the risk of;
1.) Recessing my alveolar ridge and maxilla
2.) Becoming giga downward grown during puberty.
ETC, you guys all know the sides of wearing elastics. Atleast that this forum warns me about.

But on the other hand, whenever I take off my retainer, I look much much worse. Like .5-1psl lower . So in a way I trust what the orthodontist is doing.

What do you guys recommend I do ? Wear the elastics with the retainers? Go tell my ortho I'm not wearing my elastics? Finish the invisalign and go see a surgeon for bsso/imdo/bimax?
Or I could be a complete sperg and do shit like bonesmashing my mandible, thumbpulling etc to reduce the overbite

tagging idiots who know a thing or two abt this;
@AscendingHero @alienmaxxer @incel194012940 @deadlock @tesseract
5.5psl with 4mm overbite jfl

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16110
  • +1
Reactions: Erik-Jón
Bro fixing an overbite isn't that hard. I had about 7-10 mm at some point and dropped it to 2-4 without following the orders of my orthodontist. I will be making my ascension thread soon in early 2023. Anyway, the reason why you have an overbite is because of recession which occurs mainly due to a soft food diet, which I had as well. The best way to fix it is through CCW and here is how I did it.

1. Dropped the elastics. You don't need them anymore buddy boyo after this.
2. Chewed "Chios Mastic Gum" 2-5 hours a day USING PREMOLARS ONLY
3. Thumb pulled every 2 hours. Thumbpull 2 minutes in your soft palate area. Then 2 minutes around the middle of your palate, and then 2 minutes at the end of your palate. Make sure to do this especially before you sleep.
4. Mew during you sleep with premolars touching mostly, bite slightly closed, nose breathing, perfect tongue posture.
5. Supplement with CMZ,D3,K2, and iodine everyday.
6. Wake up next morning and your maxilla will have moved a fraction of a millimeter.
7. Repeat.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Pharmaceutic, Deleted member 16110, mvp2v1 and 3 others
3. Thumb pulled every 2 hours. Thumbpull 2 minutes in your soft palate area. Then 2 minutes around the middle of your palate, and then 2 minutes at the end of your palate. Make sure to do this especially before you sleep.
4. Mew during you sleep with premolars touching mostly, bite slightly closed, nose breathing, perfect tongue posture.
6. Wake up next morning and your maxilla will have moved a fraction of a millimeter.
7. Repeat.
I can’t chew mastic with plastic retainers in
what is the soft palate area?
what is the mid palate area?
end of my palate? upper or lower?
how do i know i’m mewing properly during sleep?
will take those supplements
Keep in mind i’m trying to move the mandible forward, not the maxilla.

I can’t chew mastic with plastic retainers in
what is the soft palate area?
what is the mid palate area?
end of my palate? upper or lower?
how do i know i’m mewing properly during sleep?
will take those supplements
Keep in mind i’m trying to move the mandible forward, not the maxilla.
1. Stop wearing your invisalign until your bite is fixed because it will hinder progress. Listen to my orders, not your orthodontist. You can start wearing after it is fixed. Though you might need your orthodontist to make a new retainer because your teeth will shift, and that's okay.

Soft palate is at the back make sure to get the end of the bone. Mid palate is between the hard palate and soft palate. The end of your palate is the hard palate which I was talking about. Get all of these areas.
3. Muscle memory and feel premolars touching with slight bite, and nose breathing. Just fix your tongue posture if it is obstructed if you wake up in the middle of the night.
4. Good, take the supplements.
5. The maxilla and mandible work hand in hand. You can't move the mandible forward if the maxilla (upper jaw) doesn't. Why do you think people have to get some sort of upper jaw surgery after getting lower jaw surgery? Also, if you have an overbite, you are recessed. That is just how it works.

This is all from me.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao and ChristianChad
1. Stop wearing your invisalign until your bite is fixed because it will hinder progress. Listen to my orders, not your orthodontist. You can start wearing after it is fixed. Though you might need your orthodontist to make a new retainer because your teeth will shift, and that's okay.
View attachment 1770873
Soft palate is at the back make sure to get the end of the bone. Mid palate is between the hard palate and soft palate. The end of your palate is the hard palate which I was talking about. Get all of these areas.
3. Muscle memory and feel premolars touching with slight bite, and nose breathing. Just fix your tongue posture if it is obstructed if you wake up in the middle of the night.
5. The maxilla and mandible work hand in hand. You can't move the mandible forward if the maxilla (upper jaw) doesn't. Why do you think people have to get some sort of upper jaw surgery after getting lower jaw surgery? Also, if you have an overbite, you are recessed. That is just how it works.

This is all from me.
Why would I take my invisalign off? Taking it off just makes me look even worse

Why would I take my invisalign off? Taking it off just makes me look even worse
DO YOU WANT TO FIX YOUR OVERBITE OR NOT WITHOUT RECESSION.

The reason why you look "better" with the invisalign because it makes your jaw look wider. Thats it. GET YOUR FUCKING BITE FIXED.

• JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad
Also chew the gum at least 3 hours a day.

• JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad
Bro fixing an overbite isn't that hard. I had about 7-10 mm at some point and dropped it to 2-4 without following the orders of my orthodontist. I will be making my ascension thread soon in early 2023. Anyway, the reason why you have an overbite is because of recession which occurs mainly due to a soft food diet, which I had as well. The best way to fix it is through CCW and here is how I did it.

7. Repeat.
thumbpulling every hour for 2-3 min? Will it provide faster/superior results?

View attachment 1770873

This is all from me.
It’s invisalign retainers that’s making my palate wider, still on the edge abt taking it off

It’s invisalign retainers that’s making my palate wider, still on the edge abt taking it off
your choice. I already told you everything

your choice. I already told you everything
Yo man do you think that face pulling devices either homemade or the Fowardontics BOW could help aid this process? It has a very similar effect to face pulling.

Yo man do you think that face pulling devices either homemade or the Fowardontics BOW could help aid this process? It has a very similar effect to face pulling.
yes

View attachment 1770873

This is all from me.
Does tongue need to touch soft palate? I dont think it does bc above the soft palate is just tissue

so what’s the consensus here does invisalign fuck u up or nah