Post overbite braces treatment - how to cope, was I recessed by them?

horsefacin

horsefacin

Hi
I’m looking through old photos of me and my cheekbones and chin look way better when i was like 8-10 compared to today (16) and am done with braces treatment. I got my braces when i was 13 and finished when i was 15. Dude i’m freaking the fuck out i remembered overbite treatment is bad because it recesses your upper maxilla to match your bottom is there a way i can reverse this or is it over for me????

My cheekbones and chin looked way better as a kid too but i didnt even have braces, I never fixed my overbite

• +1
Reactions: horsefacin
My cheekbones and chin looked way better as a kid too but i didnt even have braces, I never fixed my overbite
thanks bhai i’m hoping it’s just a case of changing as u age

• +1
Reactions: NordicLeonhard
It was recessed because it's genetics factor or poor facial devoplment

life fucking sucks thank god i never weared my rubber bands and i get my braces off next month they orth gave up on fixing my overbite

life fucking sucks thank god i never weared my rubber bands and i get my braces off next month they orth gave up on fixing my overbite
dude fucking same thats my only cope for this as well. should i still wear my retainers tho or will it have a similar effect to wearing elastics?

They made it so my jaw can actually move forward, my new resting position is normal. but the bite itself was never fixed, meaning when i bite down while eating, im subhuman. this is because i am left with an open bite on the back of my teeth

Relax it's probably not that serious. Ask some people if it looks worse. If you try to decide yourself you will lose your mind

• +1
Reactions: horsefacin
dude fucking same thats my only cope for this as well. should i still wear my retainers tho or will it have a similar effect to wearing elastics?
no fuck your retainers they literally stunt maxillary and mandibular growth just like braces

Relax it's probably not that serious. Ask some people if it looks worse. If you try to decide yourself you will lose your mind
it is that serious nigga they fix your overbite pulling your maxilla into the back of your skull

They made it so my jaw can actually move forward, my new resting position is normal. but the bite itself was never fixed, meaning when i bite down while eating, im subhuman. this is because i am left with an open bite on the back of my teeth
ME TOO JFL

it is that serious nigga they fix your overbite pulling your maxilla into the back of your skull
You're going through this shit too ig. Just ask people if they can tell. At least then you will know for sure and won't go crazy

Not always the case, and you need braces for bimax either way.

Not always the case, and you need braces for bimax either way.
whole bunch of low-IQ niggas here
You're going through this shit too ig. Just ask people if they can tell. At least then you will know for sure and won't go crazy
oh no i got mine removed and i look better cus i did not wear rubber bands or used any appliances

• Hmm...
Reactions: goldpill
whole bunch of low-IQ niggas here

oh no i got mine removed and i look better cus i did not wear rubber bands or used any appliances
Maxillary growth is complete at 16 followed by the mandible at 18 so after that age you might as well get them to fix your teeth.

If you have a bad overbite or underbite, you need jaw surgery so you’ll have to wear elastics and probably get extractions either way.

These are just the facts.

• +1
Reactions: SADA and horsefacin
Maxillary growth is complete at 16 followed by the mandible at 18 so after that age you might as well get them to fix your teeth.

If you have a bad overbite or underbite, you need jaw surgery so you’ll have to wear elastics and probably get extractions either way.

This is honestly high iq

i 17 and have a slight overbite if i get braces but ask for a palate expander would that be a net positive ?