Potassium powder

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

Life is a beautiful journey, just enjoy the rides.
I bought Potassium chloride powder online it is recommended to take 2500mg of which 800mg is pure potassium per serving.

But does it sound logical to take 10 000mg of potassium chloride daily??? Wouldn't I die from Hyperkalemia or soemthing??:unsure:

Kazakhstan number 1 exporter of potassium yakhiiii 😹😹🤙🤙💘💘

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Orbeck of Vinheim, Deleted member 2729 and ChiraqJihad
iirc their is a limit to how much potassium your kidneys can handle when supplementing it, I think it was 500mg per hour, and max 1500mg a day from supplements. More better to focus on reducing things that block potassium channels i.e. vitamin A.

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
iirc their is a limit to how much potassium your kidneys can handle when supplementing it, I think it was 500mg per hour, and max 1500mg a day. More better to focus on reducing things that block potassium channels i.e. vitamin A.
Is there a study I can read:unsure:

1500mg max per day??? then why it's recommended

don't you need like 4 times more potassium than sodium:think:?

Is there a study I can read:unsure:

1500mg max per day??? then why it's recommended View attachment 1864423

don't you need like 4 times more potassium than sodium:think:?
That limit is for when supplementing potassium. Otherwise daily potassium intake from all sources should be around 4000-5000mg.

• +1
I bought Potassium chloride powder online it is recommended to take 2500mg of which 800mg is pure potassium per serving.

View attachment 1864387
But does it sound logical to take 10 000mg of potassium chloride daily???
I have been taking 6grams (3128mgs) of potasium chloride a day for the last month with no issues you should be fine.

You should be fine taking 10grams if thats what you want..

Wouldn't I die from Hyperkalemia or soemthing??:unsure:
No.

That limit is for when supplementing potassium. Otherwise daily potassium intake from all sources should be around 4000-5000mg.
Avocado has 900mg of potassium so just have few of them every day legit?
I have been taking 6grams (3128mgs) of potasium chloride a day for the last month with no issues you should be fine.

You should be fine taking 10grams if thats what you want..

No.
For real:unsure: Can you take a pic of your potassium bottle just to be sure you are not trying to kill me:lul:

update:

This article claims that the upper limit is 18g of K per day so 10g should be fine for me I hope. So I can strategically getting 1600mg in the morning and the same amount at night = total in 3200mg without compromising the risk of developing Hyperkalemia since the kidney can filter up to 1500mg K per hour:owo:.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Nims
Avocado has 900mg of potassium so just have few of them every day legit?

For real:unsure: Can you take a pic of your potassium bottle just to be sure you are not trying to kill me:lul:

I just measure out 6gs and then pour it in a glass and mix in 8oz of water and down it.

I wouldnt be too concerned with the amount your body can filter, you should be fine tbh just taking it all at once.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • +1
I take potassium gluconate which gives 550 mgs, I take 2 a morning

Nice. Any side effects? Stomach aches? Peeing more often? Low blood pressure?
He is lying I take pottassium citrate it bloated me more and goves me heart palpation

• JFL
He is lying I take pottassium citrate it bloated me more and goves me heart palpation
I am sorry. I don't know if he is lying tho. Citrate is different than chloride. I took citrate and it did nothing for me. I took tartar cream and it worked very well but i can't find it anymore.

K
I am sorry. I don't know if he is lying tho. Citrate is different than chloride. I took citrate and it did nothing for me. I took tartar cream and it worked very well but i can't find it anymore.
holy fuck fr Imma try cream of tartar tmr and dutch potassium citrate

I take it everyday and have for the last month Im not lying?
What dosage where you taking, also citrate is very different from chlorine.

you could get a heart attack

I take it everyday and have for the last month Im not lying?
What dosage where you taking, also citrate is very different from chlorine.
I just read it online again it claimed that citrate is for kidney stone :lul:

• JFL
Nice. Any side effects?
After taking it I have a slightly elevated heart rate thats about it.

Stomach aches? Peeing more often? Low blood pressure?
Slight stomach aches I didnt experience but if you take it undiluted or at too high concentration you will really fuck up your stomach (Will burn a hole in it) so just make sure you are diluting correctly and you will be fine.

I dont track my peeing so I have no idea maybe not really sure tbh.

I havent noticed a difference in my blood pressure.

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
you could get a heart attack
"LD 50 (lethal median dose) of orally ingested potassium chloride as approximately 2.5 g/kg"
Dont think anyone here is going to consume enough to kill them?

You will burn a hole through your stomach before you can consume enough potassium chloride. (Probably put you in hospital doubt you will die from it (Actually you might but It will probably stop you consuming it as you will be in alot of pain))

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Orbeck of Vinheim, ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry and ChristianChad
"LD 50 (lethal median dose) of orally ingested potassium chloride as approximately 2.5 g/kg"

You will burn a hole through your stomach before you can consume enough potassium chloride. (Probably put you in hospital doubt you will die from it)
i would assume much less could fuck you up because of electrolytes

• +1
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry and Nims
i would assume much less could fuck you up because of electrolytes
Yeah probably, perhaps I will look into it later as Im just about to go out to gym, but tbh as long as you are realistic with your dosage and dont take more than like 5g-7g diluted fully you will probably be fine. I'll have to look into the electrolytes tho as I have never really concerned myself with them.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad

You will burn a hole through your stomach before you can consume enough potassium chloride. (Probably put you in hospital doubt you will die from it (Actually you might but It will probably stop you consuming it as you will be in alot of pain))
Cite the source please

• +1
Cite the source please
For what the 2.5g/kg?

Just google KCI toxicity. Im sat in bed on phone so cba to link anything (I'll check history on pc in morning and link report). I think on average it varies from study to study but 0.5-5g per kg is considered bad. I think the 2.5g was done with rats or rabbits cant remember what toxicology report I read I'll link in the morning.

You should not even be close to a dosage that high (I take 0.1g/per kilo myself and even then thats quite a high dosage(If not spaced out)).

Yeah probably, perhaps I will look into it later as Im just about to go out to gym, but tbh as long as you are realistic with your dosage and dont take more than like 5g-7g diluted fully you will probably be fine. I'll have to look into the electrolytes tho as I have never really concerned myself with them.
Could you elaborate on the electrolytes?