Questioning Orthodontist

healer

healer

Iron
I have a question for you all regarding the strong advice my orthodontist gave me.

So today I went in for a braces tightening appointment, and the orthodontist told me my bite is not 100% perfect (it seems fine to me,) and he told me I could get 3 teeth removed, which I already told him no before on that one because I’m not falling for the whole force everything inwards way of approach that is absolutely outdated and will make you objectively uglier over time. The second thing he told me is that I could get a couple of my bottom teeth grinded down skinnier to “make room.”

Then he proceeds to tell me that I have a slight amount of gapping on the top. This immediately made me knew this guy absolutely operates on the approach of pushing all your teeth inward til it looks like you have a straight smile, but at the expense of your facial growth and attractiveness. If he sees that there is slight gapping on top, then him even suggesting to remove one of my top teeth lets me know he would strategize to push my teeth inwards to force them together tigher.

I also told him I would probably pass on getting the teeth grounded skinnier, to which he, and his fat nurse assistant were immediately repulsed that I would even try and go against their cookie cutter advice. The nurse literally reprimanded me after the main orthodontist left saying I shouldn’t go against an expert’s knowledge. I told her I simply don’t know enough about the procedure to give a yes on something like that that would be permanent, and that I would research it. She just looked at me like I was some foreign creature for ever daring to question the accepted norm. But if I had done that from the start, I would have had 3 more teeth, on top of my wisdom teeth, removed which would absolutely have looksminned me in the long run.

They also have been telling me I should be wearing a small rubber band on one side to fix the overbite. The thing is, I only wore it for the first couple months and haven’t worn it since. I have had my braces on for about 10 months now for reference. The funny thing is, every time I go in, they always talk like the rubber bands are working wonders because my mouth is fixing itself. Inwardly, it’s honestly hilarious because I know this is most likely do to mewing and other looksmaxxing habits and not their rubber bands. Regardless, I also wanted to ask about if you guys think I should be wearing those or not. I hesred from someone that they can cause the top (part connected to maxilla) to subtly retract, which is the opposite of what we want, however, I will not operate on any assumptions and want to get others’ opinions who have also dealt with this.

So, in short,

1. Do I let them grind me teeth for the supposed better bite?

and

2. Do I wear the rubber bands?

Also, I would like some general advice as to how to approach orthodontics, and how to view it in light of othotropics that the Mews pioneered. From what I know, it seems to be a beneficial practice for straightening the teeth, but they love to overstep and get involved in other things that will change the alignment of your jaw and ultimately reap a negative impact in your facial attractiveness. Often, I wonder if they take an approach that only sees one angle to the issue, that angle being giving you the most uncannily straight looking teeth to exist, regardless of what other avenues are sacrificed. Orthotropics and mewing seems to take on an approach that is not only natural, but beneficial for all avenues of facial growth and dental symmetry. It is well rounded and takes all variables of the face into consideration.

This is my first post on here, however, I have been lurking for awhile (just took forever to get account approved). That being said, any knowledge that can be offered will be taken consideration. Hopefully there are others out here dealing with this who can also benefit from this thread.

first ABSOLUTELY DO NOT wear those bands do not listen to those blue pill cucks my orthos said the exact thing that my bite MAGICALLY “fixed itself” when i never wore bands once jfl orthos are truly discusting don’t get ur teeth grinded down either visit a myobrace practitioner instead i’m currently recovering from my braces and trying to keep my wisdom teeth