recessed chin and braces

nova0990

nova0990

Iron
i have a recessed chin/overbite and am considering going to an orthodontist but ive heard tons of people say braces ruin your jawline and facial structure. how else can i fix my short face and aerodynamic side profile without braces or bimax?

braces + bimax

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates and aestheticsrespecter
I've had braces for an overbite during my early teens followed by a permanent retainer. It absolutely ruined my facial development. I used to have an oval face with a thin straight nose. My face grew to be longer and flatter while both my jaws remained the same narrowness and my nose is hooked. I now have a long recessed midface with no jawline/chin. I'm at an age where the years of suffering with braces, bimax, braces again and possibly implants at the end is just not worth the time and pain for me. So I have to settle with just implants.

I've had braces for an overbite during my early teens followed by a permanent retainer. It absolutely ruined my facial development. I used to have an oval face with a thin straight nose. My face grew to be longer and flatter while both my jaws remained the same narrowness and my nose is hooked. I now have a long recessed midface with no jawline/chin. I'm at an age where the years of suffering with braces, bimax, braces again and possibly implants at the end is just not worth the time and pain for me. So I have to settle with just implants.
so basically i should just kill myself

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter
i have a recessed chin/overbite and am considering going to an orthodontist but ive heard tons of people say braces ruin your jawline and facial structure. how else can i fix my short face and aerodynamic side profile without braces or bimax?
If you over 16 braces probably won't be enough

I had braces and it absolutely changed my jawline. I have a deepbite with an overforwardgrown (If that makes sense) maxilla and braces helped my bring it back and make my lower palette bigger. id advise u to get the treatment from an orthodontist who has plastic surgery experience. My dentist is a maxillofacial surgeon and the ortho also has plastic surgery experience and they both worked together for this so it went pretty well. Just dont get teeth extracted ever and your treatment will be good imo.

• +1
Reactions: cz7x