The biggest "max" you can do, is changing your mentality from "it could be better" to "it could be worse"

D

Deleted member 22623

2 PSL + NT = life
What I am about to write in this thread is mostly water, but for some reason many of these simple things completely elude most users on looksmax.org (myself included).

Most are here to improve their looks (looksmaxxing), money (moneymaxxing) or status, which are all very fundamental cornerstones of the blackpill. These things undeniably improve your quality of life drastically. Being "NT" (neurotypical) is also something that is mentioned as a huge SMV boost here, which is also undeniably true.

However, what I will talk about here is mentality, which for many users will get mistaken for being "NT". You do not need to be NT to do these things I am about to say. Essentially you can be completely autistic and not conform to any standards of society, be introverted and not able to communicate with other people or something else that would be considered severely non-NT.

The most important thing as a man is being mentally rooted and able to draw a line between external circumstances and internal circumstances. Contrary to most blackpillers, I fundamentally do not believe the two to be correlated. Improving your mental health and the way you tackle everything that is life is vastly more important than doing everything else. Why? Because all these things (looksmaxxing, moneymaxxing etc.) all share one common goal - to feel better.

Why do all these things when you can skip directly to the crux of it? Why worry about the forward growth of your maxilla or the amount of money on your bank account, when none of that shit is the end goal but merely artificial constructs that are supposed to "get you where you want to be" (in a happier place). All these things contribute to external validation, which in turn makes you feel better. But its a giant fucking cope. Its no better than drinking a beer, smoking a joint or getting a dopamine kick from some other stupid shit. Validation is essential a drug, and it will make you weaker in the long term. Why piss your pants to keep warm?

I remember a conversation I had with @TRUE_CEL where I talked about monks in secluded cloisters. I know this is an extremity and a close to impossible thing to practice in western society where everything is so rotten. Nevertheless, the ability for positive reflection and internal validation holds immense truth. Its the only thing you can consistently practice throughout your life no matter your circumstances.

Essentially what I am talking about is changing your mindset from "it could be better" to "it could be worse".

This requires insane mental discipline and even more so depending on how dire your circumstances are when it comes to all these artificial things like money, looks, status etc. But its always possible.

The three most important things I have found that can drastically alter your perspective of life in general is practicing reframing / seeking different perspectives, being aware of your thought patterns, and limiting comparisons.

So what does this mean?

1. Reframing: Instead of seeing setbacks or difficulties as negative, try reframing them as natural occurrences. Embrace the idea that everything that surrounds you does not need negatively impact the way you view yourself. The more you do this, the more resilient you become.

2. Being aware of your thought patterns: Mindfulness can help you observe your thoughts without judgment and create space for new perspectives. By this I do not mean you have to buy some 400$ crash course from a gypsy or sit in a circle with lit candles and chant kum-ba-yah hymns. But breathing deeply for 10 minutes with your eyes closed a day with no external distractions is immensely beneficial for taking a step back and becoming aware of how your thought patterns work. And like with anything in life, thought patterns can be changed.

3. Limiting comparisons: This is the one of the most, if not THE most important things, and something that is deeply incarnate in all of us "looksmaxxers". Comparisons are the most useless thing in the world, and you almost never get anything positive from them. Its an absurd cope, because you never know how the people you are comparing yourself to truly feel on the inside. Instead channel all of that energy into things that you will make you feel better. And I am not talking about smoking a cigarette, playing your favourite game, eating some food you like or whatever. All of these useless dopamine copes do not contribute positively to your mental development. Instead, you should strive to read books (reframing your perspective), practice awareness and distance yourself from negativity.

I know this thread will probably just get laughed at. But nevertheless I believe these things to be the most vital parts of ones journey to becoming a happier man.

Which is why we are all here in the first place.

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • Hmm...
Reactions: atoxic, king_bandon, Deleted member 24940 and 30 others
Did not read, but title is true

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AspiringMogger, VenatorLuparius, IndraBC and 18 others
muh just have positive attitude bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: VenatorLuparius, Brootal and Nick.Harte
muh just have positive attitude bro
Nah. You can have a negative mindset. You can feel frustrated, down, close to breaking.

Its not about having a positive go-getter attitude. Its about being aware and not wallowing in your negativity.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 24940, 5.5psl, LongForgotten and 3 others
Nah. You can have a negative mindset. You can feel frustrated, down, close to breaking.

Its not about having a positive go-getter attitude. Its about being aware and not wallowing in your negativity.
or instead of trying to delude yourself you could just disregard emotions all together, instead of being solely negative or solely positive, just be indifferent brah, that is the purest form of truth

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
or instead of trying to delude yourself you could just disregard emotions all together, instead of being solely negative or solely positive, just be indifferent brah, that is the purest form of truth
True. Indifference is a virtue as well.

• +1
Reactions: LowTrust
Did not read, but title is true
> Writes an entire essay to get 3 reps

> @qotav comments "Did not read, but title is true" , gets 8 reps

The ratio will only get worse....

Cause @qotav is unironically right

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, 5.5psl, BoredPrince and 2 others
> Writes an entire essay to get 3 reps

> @qotav comments "Did not read, but title is true" , gets 8 reps

The ratio will only get worse....

Cause @qotav is unironically right
Haha well yeah, that was bound to happen anyway. Essays are just a meme here, but I wanted to write it out nonetheless. For my own sake as well.

• +1
Reactions: Respalier, 5.5psl, Lebgfinal and 2 others
So you're basically telling us to change our life from within by changing mindset, but if we only change inner part of ourselves it's like being on drugs

Like someone saying yeah I'm broke, lonely and sexless but at least I'm happy

Like for what?

Human civilization is focused mostly on external visible things, like money and looks, by improving those you get validation from others and that validation is basically a measure of how well you're doing in life and the higher the validation, the better you feel about everything, that is you're happier

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl and Deleted member 22623
cucked thread

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Brootal and Lebgfinal
not applicable to low or average iq sub 5's

• So Sad
blud thinks he's @Jacob Hate

good post regardless, read every word

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22623 and Deleted member 18879
Niggas on this forum complain about the state of it and then say DNR every time there's a high quality thread. We need to ban these illiterate mentally handicapped zoomers.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
Dnr

• +1
My reaction to this thread:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LowTrust, Deleted member 24444 and Deleted member 17244
So you're basically telling us to change our life from within by changing mindset, but if we only change inner part of ourselves it's like being on drugs

Like someone saying yeah I'm broke, lonely and sexless but at least I'm happy

Like for what?

Human civilization is focused mostly on external visible things, like money and looks, by improving those you get validation from others and that validation is basically a measure of how well you're doing in life and the higher the validation, the better you feel about everything, that is you're happier

Because this is mostly just true in western society. Its how our society is constructed. But it has no real truth to it. You dont have to move to another country to escape this mentality, it all starts with how you perceive things. Also, I am not telling you to do anything, I just wanted to write this out so i can become more aware myself....

• Hmm...
Reactions: BoredPrince
blud thinks he's @Jacob Hate

good post regardless, read every word

If I would think that I am anyone else I would already have failed miserably at one of the three fundamental steps I wrote

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
The brutal reality is im 173cm and have downwarded grown jaw

True. But at the end of the day it only matters because you think it matters and the people you seek validation from (girls) think it matters

True. But at the end of the day it only matters because you think it matters and the people you seek validation from (girls) think it matters
Height matters in every aspect of life so i dont get your coping vision bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LowTrust, Deleted member 22623 and softlysoftly
Height matters in every aspect of life so i dont get your coping vision bro

I know you dont because I am a lot like you, but I want to change... and it starts with this shit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24444
I know you dont because I am a lot like you, but I want to change... and it starts with this shit
Bro you have big slay acc despite being 178cm in scandinavia which proves your face is good enough + you are live in top tier country + you have decent job while im rotting neet in second world country with 0 life prospects. Shut the fuck up dude!!!
Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

Bro you have big slay acc despite being 178cm in scandinavia which proves your face is good enough + you are live in top tier country + you have decent job while im rotting neet in second world country with 0 life prospects. Shut the fuck up dude!!!

The point is there is no point to all this shit if u dont feel good, the end goal is feeling good.. All the other shit wont make you if you are rotten inside

stop coping you son of a stupid dumb worthless bitch
how am i supposed to ""muh reframe"" shit when my cursed ass look like this?

Sdfhdsh

and nigga, wtf is that "smoking a joint" = external validation?
you're literally saying drugs are equals to looks, thats bullshit, drugs are not accepted in society, so you'll never get the same good feeling as being validated by something ACCEPTED BY PEOPLE
its not only about dopamine, actually dopamine is not even what makes you feel good, its what makes you repeat the activity

the absolute state of this place

• JFL

View attachment 2262534

you're literally saying drugs are equals to looks, thats bullshit, drugs are not accepted in society, so you'll never get the same good feeling as being validated by something ACCEPTED BY PEOPLE
its not only about dopamine, actually dopamine is not even what makes you feel good, its what makes you repeat the activity

Thats not what I wrote.

I wrote that the end goal of looksmaxxing, moneymaxxing etc. is external validation which is just as shallow and even more addictive than dopaminergic activities like smoking weed, doing drugs or whatever.

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
Thats not what I wrote.

I wrote that the end goal of looksmaxxing, moneymaxxing etc. is external validation which is just as shallow and even more addictive than dopaminergic activities like smoking weed, doing drugs or whatever.
nigga literally using "dopaminergic" as something bad here.
dopamine is necessary for you to walk.

• +1

View attachment 2262534

You are right, dopamine is not bad... But the amount we are getting today is way too much for our brains to handle. No wonder we end up in places like this...

Also a potential starting point for a reframe would be realizing you look good, which is not false? I mean, if you really do wanna compare yourself to others, why not compare yourself to people who look worse, which I see a lot of daily

• Love it
Reactions: os_cria
You are right, dopamine is not bad... But the amount we are getting today is way too much for our brains to handle. No wonder we end up in places like this...

Also a potential starting point for a reframe would be realizing you look good, which is not false? I mean, if you really do wanna compare yourself to others, why not compare yourself to people who look worse, which I see a lot of daily
im done here
i ain't saying anything else you're right bro
good point, great thread, should be on BOTB

• JFL
What I am about to write in this thread is mostly water, but for some reason many of these simple things completely elude most users on looksmax.org (myself included).

Most are here to improve their looks (looksmaxxing), money (moneymaxxing) or status, which are all very fundamental cornerstones of the blackpill. These things undeniably improve your quality of life drastically. Being "NT" (neurotypical) is also something that is mentioned as a huge SMV boost here, which is also undeniably true.

However, what I will talk about here is mentality, which for many users will get mistaken for being "NT". You do not need to be NT to do these things I am about to say. Essentially you can be completely autistic and not conform to any standards of society, be introverted and not able to communicate with other people or something else that would be considered severely non-NT.

The most important thing as a man is being mentally rooted and able to draw a line between external circumstances and internal circumstances. Contrary to most blackpillers, I fundamentally do not believe the two to be correlated. Improving your mental health and the way you tackle everything that is life is vastly more important than doing everything else. Why? Because all these things (looksmaxxing, moneymaxxing etc.) all share one common goal - to feel better.

Why do all these things when you can skip directly to the crux of it? Why worry about the forward growth of your maxilla or the amount of money on your bank account, when none of that shit is the end goal but merely artificial constructs that are supposed to "get you where you want to be" (in a happier place). All these things contribute to external validation, which in turn makes you feel better. But its a giant fucking cope. Its no better than drinking a beer, smoking a joint or getting a dopamine kick from some other stupid shit. Validation is essential a drug, and it will make you weaker in the long term. Why piss your pants to keep warm?

I remember a conversation I had with @TRUE_CEL where I talked about monks in secluded cloisters. I know this is an extremity and a close to impossible thing to practice in western society where everything is so rotten. Nevertheless, the ability for positive reflection and internal validation holds immense truth. Its the only thing you can consistently practice throughout your life no matter your circumstances.

Essentially what I am talking about is changing your mindset from "it could be better" to "it could be worse".

This requires insane mental discipline and even more so depending on how dire your circumstances are when it comes to all these artificial things like money, looks, status etc. But its always possible.

The three most important things I have found that can drastically alter your perspective of life in general is practicing reframing / seeking different perspectives, being aware of your thought patterns, and limiting comparisons.

So what does this mean?

1. Reframing: Instead of seeing setbacks or difficulties as negative, try reframing them as natural occurrences. Embrace the idea that everything that surrounds you does not need negatively impact the way you view yourself. The more you do this, the more resilient you become.

2. Being aware of your thought patterns: Mindfulness can help you observe your thoughts without judgment and create space for new perspectives. By this I do not mean you have to buy some 400$ crash course from a gypsy or sit in a circle with lit candles and chant kum-ba-yah hymns. But breathing deeply for 10 minutes with your eyes closed a day with no external distractions is immensely beneficial for taking a step back and becoming aware of how your thought patterns work. And like with anything in life, thought patterns can be changed.

3. Limiting comparisons: This is the one of the most, if not THE most important things, and something that is deeply incarnate in all of us "looksmaxxers". Comparisons are the most useless thing in the world, and you almost never get anything positive from them. Its an absurd cope, because you never know how the people you are comparing yourself to truly feel on the inside. Instead channel all of that energy into things that you will make you feel better. And I am not talking about smoking a cigarette, playing your favourite game, eating some food you like or whatever. All of these useless dopamine copes do not contribute positively to your mental development. Instead, you should strive to read books (reframing your perspective), practice awareness and distance yourself from negativity.

I know this thread will probably just get laughed at. But nevertheless I believe these things to be the most vital parts of ones journey to becoming a happier man.

Good post, high IQ and high effort. I read all of it. You should use “Romani” instead of “gypsy,” the latter being a racist term. I know you’re some sort of a SJW. So I thought I’d let you know.

• Love it

So what does this mean?

Do you practice what you preach my dude?

So you are essentially saying

Money, looks (from people validating you), glory, sex etc.-------------> Your happiness

But those are all shit to rely on for happiness cause they are never reliable, never constant, and external

But instead try to go directly to it through means you directly control?

You by practicing mindfulness, reframing negative thoughts etc. ---------------------> Your happiness

Significantly easier said than done.

My dude I know. I grew up as a Buddhist. It's one thing to possess the knowledge and another to apply it.

It's like a little undying cockroach in the back of my head, no matter how hard I try to squash it, gaining happiness from these external factors never truly leaves my head.

I'm sitting there trying not to compare, but I hear that cockroach crawling in the far corner in the back of my head whispering "boyo nice cope, remember how [person you dislike severely] owns a house while you live in a shithole apartment saving up for surgeries."

That fucker won't die.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24940 and Deleted member 22623
Do you practice what you preach my dude?

I am beginning to try, but I am horrible at it (as of now). But its a long process, I think.
So you are essentially saying

Money, looks (from people validating you), glory, sex etc.-------------> Your happiness

But those are all shit to rely on for happiness cause they are never reliable, never constant, and external

But instead try to go directly to it through means you directly control?

You by practicing mindfulness, reframing negative thoughts etc. ---------------------> Your happiness

Significantly easier said than done.

Yeah, that is what I am trying to say. The only constant in life is yourself because that is the only thing you will take to the grave... And I know, its so much easier waffling about it on looksmax.org than actually trying to apply these concepts, but I still think they are true...
My dude I know. I grew up as a Buddhist. It's one thing to possess the knowledge and another to apply it.

It's like a little undying cockroach in the back of my head, no matter how hard I try to squash it, gaining happiness from these external factors never truly leaves my head.

I'm sitting there trying not to compare, but I hear that cockroach crawling in the far corner in the back of my head whispering "boyo nice cope, remember how [person you dislike severely] owns a house while you live in a shithole apartment saving up for surgeries."

That fucker won't die.

Then you know (better) than I. But yes, it is extremely hard. I also have that cockroach, and since its a part of who you are its, like yourself, a constant. It will always be in the back of your head. And I know that I am EXTREMELY good at feeding it... But even if I wont be able to consistently apply these things, if I can just some days push it to the back of my mind, I see it as an immense victory

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
Good post, high IQ and high effort. I read all of it. You should use “Romani” instead of “gypsy,” the latter being a racist term. I know you’re some sort of a SJW. So I thought I’d let you know.
Thanks bhai.. You know I am a softie at heart

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
Dnrd, I'm subhuman and I could have been a chad with life on easy mode

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693, Deleted member 22623 and Deleted member 24444
I could have been him
The beautiful irony of it all, which also kinda proves some of the points in my thread, is that he still rots here

• Hmm...
My mental health improved once I started embracing pain and seeing it as a good thing that will develop my character.

I’ve trained myself to be a narcissist and genuinely believe God has a special path for me and the pain he puts me through is because I am destined for greatness and must develop my character to get there.

This mindset has improved my mental health more than anything.

• +1
Reactions: Marsik and Deleted member 22623
My mental health improved once I started embracing pain and seeing it as a good thing that will develop my character.

I’ve trained myself to be a narcissist and genuinely believe God has a special path for me and the pain he puts me through is because I am destined for greatness and must develop my character to get there.

This mindset has improved my mental health more than anything.
Mirin, whatever works and is sustainable is good.

• +1
Reactions: Magnum Opus and Prince88
The brutal reality is im 173cm and have downwarded grown jaw

You missed his point completely.

You have a down grown jaw. You feel unhappy.

You feel unhappy because it doesn't get you sex, friends, validated or whatever the fuck you want.

Now I pay Pagnoni to fix your downgrown jaw. You feel happy. Your jaw is fixed. Now you get sex, friends, and everything you want.

You have this perfect jaw for 2 months.

Until you get punched in the face by Mike Tyson, and you look down grown again.

Now you are back to being unhappy.

Your happiness with your perfect jaw lasted 2 months. It's not indefinite.

That's what @Grel Hellscream is trying to say.

But if you go "you know what, I don't a give a flying fuck if others like my down grown jaw, I'm happy with it, I don't need Pagnoni", then your happiness will last indefinitely.

Also why are you comparing yourself to a 178cm guy living in Scandinavia with a good job, when you can compare to a 152cm guy living in India cleaning shit off toilets?

You are quick to realize you have it worse than the first guy, but never did it occur to you that you have it better than the second guy.

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 17244

So what does this mean?

I often compare myself to my chadlite brother. Especially recently seeing him slay, while I’m a LTN-MTN mental cel hkv. On the one side comparing initially makes me depressed but then I step away and it turns into motivation. When I don’t compare then I loose perspective and become complacent. I feel like I need a bi-weekly or so dose of suicidefuel like seeing him slay to keep me motivated.

• +1
I often compare myself to my chadlite brother. Especially recently seeing him slay, while I’m a LTN-MTN mental cel hkv. On the one side comparing initially makes me depressed but then I step away and it turns into motivation. When I don’t compare then I loose perspective and become complacent. I feel like I need a bi-weekly or so dose of suicidefuel like seeing him slay to keep me motivated.

If it gives you motivation then its good. As long as it doesnt turn into a bad thing, which I find requires a lot of discipline and objectivity if you end up comparing yourself too much and too often

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1

So what does this mean?

I’m blackpilled incel but I have a better mental State thanks to accepting it’s over now I just chill and live low cortisol it ain’t that bad

just be happy about being raped because someone got raped twice?

lost a leg by shrapnel? fuck it brah, someone esle lost 2, be happy!

gigacucked thread, feels like a hamza viewer trying to spread his "wisdom"

just be happy about being raped because someone got raped twice?

lost a leg by shrapnel? fuck it brah, someone esle lost 2, be happy!

gigacucked thread, feels like a hamza viewer trying to spread his "wisdom"

But one of my biggest points I tried to make was to NOT compare... Its hard because comparison is so inherent, especially on this forum

But one of my biggest points I tried to make was to NOT compare... Its hard because comparison is so inherent, especially on this forum
just gaslight yourself into happiness theory

if you compare to people worse than you, it doesn't actually make your life any better, it just makes you a narcy when you might be average or below average, I think it's better for people to be grounded in reality, whether that reality is good or bad, otherwise they might aswell just be bluepilled or redpilled

• +1