Thumbpulling ruined my bite

stress

stress

Iron
2 months ago I was thumbpulling regularly. I did it properly and mainly focused on forward pulling, where i placed my thumbs on the gum/suture area above my canine teeth and pulled up, forward, and outward. I did this for 5 minutes once every hour. It was fine at first and my bite stayed the same, but one day when i was talking to my friends on discord, i had my mouth open for an extended period and ever since then my bite has been fucked. I have a slight posterior open bite and my mandible is pulled back i think. I cant open my mouth quickly unless i stack my teeth first because my mandible has to go forward to open all the way.
When my mouth is closed and especially right after i wake up, only my front teeth are touching. I cannot connect my back molars both sides at once.
Weirdly the only thing that fixes it temporarily is to chew hard gum using the molars. After i finish a hard chewing session my teeth all connect. Otherwise not.
PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME WHATS WRONG
The problem in short: slight posterior open bite, only front teeth touch when mouth is closed except for after chewing hard gum. Mandible has to pull back to close my mouth and cannot open quickly because it has to move forward. There is no popping in my jaw.

• JFL
Reactions: Corleone
just lol you probably started doing this without fixing your posture

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
The problem in short: slight posterior open bite
Emphasize pushing up here to correct it

Mandible has to pull back to close my mouth and cannot open quickly because it has to move forward.
Pull maxilla more forward

• +1
Reactions: stress
How bad is it to do it if you got something like scoliosis or pelvic tilt which u can't really fix without surgery?

How bad is it to do it if you got something like scoliosis or pelvic tilt which u can't really fix without surgery?
sphenoid and pelvis allignement is everything for your craniofacial developpement
not having proper posture (posture get fixed by working on fixing your anterior pelvic tilt, back/shoulders and then neck posture) will just give you no results on mewing, chewing (expect masseter hypertrpohy), thumbpulling, all that other non-surgery bullshit, will even make your face worse, this is why most people say mewing and the rest is cope
fix your posture then you can mew, well, when your posture is fix, you will automatically mew as you will force your body/head to do so

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
retard you can't fix posture without fixing the recession
the reason you had bad posture in the first place is because of the maxillary recession The reason you wanna thumpull is to fix the root cause aka the recession and you will synergistically fix the posture gradually as you get unrecessed

• +1
Reactions: ussshaikh
Expand your palate and alveolar ridge in a shape where your bite aligns.
2 months ago I was thumbpulling regularly. I did it properly and mainly focused on forward pulling, where i placed my thumbs on the gum/suture area above my canine teeth and pulled up, forward, and outward. I did this for 5 minutes once every hour. It was fine at first and my bite stayed the same, but one day when i was talking to my friends on discord, i had my mouth open for an extended period and ever since then my bite has been fucked. I have a slight posterior open bite and my mandible is pulled back i think. I cant open my mouth quickly unless i stack my teeth first because my mandible has to go forward to open all the way.
When my mouth is closed and especially right after i wake up, only my front teeth are touching. I cannot connect my back molars both sides at once.
Weirdly the only thing that fixes it temporarily is to chew hard gum using the molars. After i finish a hard chewing session my teeth all connect. Otherwise not.
PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME WHATS WRONG
The problem in short: slight posterior open bite, only front teeth touch when mouth is closed except for after chewing hard gum. Mandible has to pull back to close my mouth and cannot open quickly because it has to move forward. There is no popping in my jaw.

retard you can't fix posture without fixing the recession
the reason you had bad posture in the first place is because of the maxillary recession The reason you wanna thumpull is to fix the root cause aka the recession and you will synergistically fix the posture gradually as you get unrecessed
too lazy to explain to you from a to z but just to answer your retardism

do you think every person is born recessed from ages 0 to 10?
or do they develop shit posture from shit lifestyle which results in shit grown face?

sphenoid and pelvis allignement is everything for your craniofacial developpement
not having proper posture (posture get fixed by working on fixing your anterior pelvic tilt, back/shoulders and then neck posture) will just give you no results on mewing, chewing (expect masseter hypertrpohy), thumbpulling, all that other non-surgery bullshit, will even make your face worse, this is why most people say mewing and the rest is cope
fix your posture then you can mew, well, when your posture is fix, you will automatically mew as you will force your body/head to do so
Thanks for the input, I have scoliosis though so I think I can't really fully fix it without surgery? I know my sphenoid is a bit tilted cause my face is pretty assymetrical and one side is like it sits lower than the other looking kind of if it was "falling". I got myobraces and will do a chewing routine but my posture is fucked up due to that up to the neck.
If I wear a scoliosis brace at night forcing my spine to stay in a normal place while sleeping would that be enough to make them able to have a change in facial structure (myobraces, chewing, thumbpulling, etc)?

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, I have scoliosis though so I think I can't really fully fix it without surgery? I know my sphenoid is a bit tilted cause my face is pretty assymetrical and one side is like it sits lower than the other looking kind of if it was "falling". I got myobraces and will do a chewing routine but my posture is fucked up due to that up to the neck.
If I wear a scoliosis brace at night forcing my spine to stay in a normal place while sleeping would that be enough to make them able to have a change in facial structure (myobraces, chewing, thumbpulling, etc)?
Step is to have all your posture problems fixed. Mewing, chewing and the rest can be applied when done so, otherwise its cope