Deep bite question

Jojobarret

Jojobarret

Bowled Meeksmaxxer
So guys I wonder if I have overbite/deepbite, in fact my upper teeth completely cover my lower teeth when I bite down and on my side profile my chin doesn´t match my nose base

BUT when I try to jut and bite in the same time to bring my mandible forward and replicate a bimax my upper and lower incisors get in contact before I can make my molars touch each other

Keep in mind I have black´s jaw genetics so it may just be because of teeth protrusion idk

• +1
Reactions: asdvek
yes you have a skeletally class II bite and your mandible is most definitely recessed

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
yes you have a skeletally class II bite and your mandible is most definitely recessed
Okay but why when I jutting my incisors get in touch ? It feels like there is no room for an advancement

if you can jut then you definitely have room for advancement, people with healthy bite cant jut their jaw forward at all

if you can jut then you definitely have room for advancement, people with healthy bite cant jut their jaw forward at all
I´m not sure of that

the human mandible can protrude(jut) 6-9mm and retrude 1-3mm from its biting position.

based on your description yes you have a deep bite.

time to start mouthpulling boyo

time to start mouthpulling boyo

i cant retrude at all does that mean im recessed
no.

Some people can only retrude less than 1mm and some can do it up to 2mm and even 3mm where it becomes quite visible when they do. craniofacial structures differ and so does mandibular mobility amongst individuals.

don't sweat over being recessed or not(if you don't have a malocclusion). Most people are, and the heavily invasive operations to cure recession like bimax or lefort 1-2 usually cost a shit ton, there is a high risk of complications and you don't even end up looking better by much.

no.

Some people can only retrude less than 1mm and some can do it up to 2mm and even 3mm where it becomes quite visible when they do. craniofacial structures differ and so does mandibular mobility amongst individuals.

don't sweat over being recessed or not(if you don't have a malocclusion). Most people are, and the heavily invasive operations to cure recession like bimax or lefort 1-2 usually cost a shit ton, there is a high risk of complications and you don't even end up looking better by much.
I guess if you´re not recessed but just sub optimal you don´t need that much invasive surgeries