UPPER maxillary projection is the key to aesthetics

No that’s me I swear. I’ve been focusing on IMDO when I really really need to fix my uee problem 😡 I wish I had Korea tier orbits :feelswah:
:lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:

Lol you know what you need to do

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel
LOL stop posting random mf lookalikes.

You need to fix your 4004 cheekbones and rouded hairline, 404 lips and piss poor eye area asap

High arched U shaped brows need fixing

NCT needs fixing

UEE and 404 oribtal rim growth needs fix

Narrow orbital rims and short pfl needs fix

and souless t50 eye color needs to go as well as downturned dropping lips

Also you need alarplast for that nose shape.

+Neck training asap and wavier hair

3C6830C4 71F8 4510 B584 8397FC340CD8
Yeah the alar base is from mse, I’m in the process of consulting for it rn

My cheekbones are harmonious plus hollowness is very good. I don’t think you’re right about that

My lips fit facial averageness for my pheno. Need no fixing

Hairline I’m already booked for dense temple hair plant in South korea for June

Alarplasty and colored contacts can ascend me hard

Nct is cope. Vinnie hacker has nct and slays more than muh pct faggots. Plus eye maxxing when you have insane harmony is retarded just for psl validation. I think I’m fully done smv wise after colored contacts and uee fat grafts

582AAAA2 75DC 4064 8496 54D76DA5B046

• JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero
Nct is cope. Vinnie hacker has nct and slays more than muh pct faggots. Plus eye maxxing when you have insane harmony is retarded just for psl validation. I think I’m fully done smv wise after colored contacts and uee fat grafts

582AAAA2 75DC 4064 8496 54D76DA5B046
Dont cope bro

that's like saying jason statham is balding and bagged rosie huntington so I can too.

3C6830C4 71F8 4510 B584 8397FC340CD8
Yeah the alar base is from mse, I’m in the process of consulting for it rn

My cheekbones are harmonious plus hollowness is very good. I don’t think you’re right about that
It's not you but miring lower third.

No way ur jaw is like that and you need IMDO

I remember u from .net

Also ur cheekbones should be better if you MSE maxxed.

upper lip is too thin, fucks up ur philturm

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834
View attachment 1674568 Yeah the alar base is from mse, I’m in the process of consulting for it rn

Hairline I’m already booked for dense temple hair plant in South korea for June

Alarplasty and colored contacts can ascend me hard

View attachment 1674571
If it was actual you, i could measure out your ratios and get an objective perspective but it's likely not so...

• +1
Dont cope bro

that's like saying jason statham is balding and bagged rosie huntington so I can too.

I remember u from .net

Nah it’s legit me I swear. U can post my HALF pic from lookism. Lmfao.

I’m not coping my current face has insanely wide appeal and need no fixing smv wise

Psl wise Ofcourse. If a gigachad like crisick could be improved ofc I could be too. But I’m not stupid to spend anymore time thinking about IMDO when I objectively don’t need it.

My cheekbones are mogger. The camera angle just favors chin prominence bc that’s what I’m trying to highlight in the pics

• +1
If it was actual you, i could measure out your ratios and get an objective perspective but it's likely not so...

Nah I swear to god it’s me. Every other rate me was just out of spite to garner trolls.

But with u I actually communicate seriously bc I at the end of the day I don’t want to spend unnecessary money on shit I don’t need when I could spend the money for alarplasty and uee fat grafting instead

• +1
Nah it’s legit me I swear. U can post my HALF pic from lookism. Lmfao.

I’m not coping my current face has insanely wide appeal and need no fixing smv wise

Psl wise Ofcourse. If a gigachad like crisick could be improved ofc I could be too. But I’m not stupid to spend anymore time thinking about IMDO when I objectively don’t need it.

My cheekbones are mogger. The camera angle just favors chin prominence bc that’s what I’m trying to highlight in the pics
Idk man this is a complete u-turn to what you've been saying? another forum persona?

Dont cope bro

I remember u from .net

Reverse Blepharoplasty+androgen maxx+ canthoplasty (u can widen ur pfl a few mm depending on which one u get and fix ur nct) +malaris muscle hypertrophy+groom eyebrows

And then rhino/alar plasty for nasal shape and bolobusity.

Your eye area cucks you hard bro , ipd looks a bit narrow. I need more sample size

• Love it
Idk man this is a complete u-turn to what you've been saying? another forum persona?

Nah
12456A21 4283 47EB B434 A99ECE7C5A74

Me pre-mse

Post mse is above

What persona? I genuinely thought I could benefit from IMDO. Why is that hard to believe. I do think having more gonion flare and sharpness would only help me. But now I’m rethinking everything bc I know it’s out of vain and I don’t objectively need it as there’s other things I want to fix that will have a bigger return on investment

• +1
Reverse Blepharoplasty+androgen maxx+ canthoplasty (u can widen ur pfl a few mm depending on which one u get and fix ur nct) +malaris muscle hypertrophy+groom eyebrows

And then rhino/alar plasty for nasal shape and bolobusity.

Your eye area cucks you hard bro , ipd looks a bit narrow. I need more sample size

Yeah I’ve known that for my whole life. I’ve been coping with jaw bc it’s much easier to fix.

Cognitive dissonance to not focus on something that’s much harder and tricker to fix

I need pagnoni way more than Paul.

• +1
Nah
View attachment 1674576
Me pre-mse

Post mse is above

What persona? I genuinely thought I could benefit from IMDO. Why is that hard to believe. I do think having more gonion flare and sharpness would only help me. But now I’m rethinking everything bc I know it’s out of vain and I don’t objectively need it as there’s other things I want to fix that will have a bigger return on investment
IMDO is more an occlusion thing. Your lower third seems solid.

I'd suggest lip reshaping, your lips could be more even, harmonious and upper lip more fuller.

More cheekbone width would be even better and then of course fixing your eye area.

Fixing brows (grooming and lowering), amending severe nct, curling lashes and getting color halos seem relastic

• +1

I'd suggest lip reshaping, your lips could be more even and upper lip more fuller.

More cheekbone width would be even better and then of course fixing your eye area.

Fixing brows (grooming and lowering), amending severe nct, curling lashes and getting color halos seem relastic

Great fucking points

I’m hoping to see if Botox to the frontalis gives more deepsettedness. If not it’s time for saddle style Supra and fat grafting.

Yeah the upper lip could be more harmonious. I’m getting it fixed by Dr Lam in Austin Texas in September.

As for alarplasty I’m gonna wait until after my lip augmentation.

Hairline squaring and temple squaring in South Korea during the summer is booked

Find some mogger colored contacts, light hazel green.

But yeah that eye shit is brutal :feelswah:

• Love it
That feeling when I’ll never had Meeks level of sex appeal, Meeks level of pfl,

Fuck bro I’m feeling depressed again

@AscendingHero

• So Sad
I’m hoping to see if Botox to the frontalis gives more deepsettedness. If not it’s time for saddle style Supra and fat grafting.
Or just..... (come to pms)

If not it’s time for saddle style Supra and fat grafting.
That works too

As for alarplasty I’m gonna wait until after my lip augmentation.

Hairline squaring and temple squaring in South Korea during the summer

Find some mogger colored contacts, light hazel green.

But yeah that eye shit is brutal :feelswah:
That should be good enough

Lowering brows+eyelash curling+ improving hormones for more dimorphism+ low key cheekbones could be widder

Train that neck asap

Fixing eye area would ascend you the hardest

Good thin nasion

• +1

I'd suggest lip reshaping, your lips could be more even, harmonious and upper lip more fuller.

“Severe nct” :lul::lul:bro it’s not that brutal

2003E619 39F6 4218 B693 B1E264229123

I was looking down in those pics. A very subtle cat eye lift should fix it but better to fix the root cause with a peek saddle style infra imo

• +1
That feeling when I’ll never had Meeks level of sex appeal, Meeks level of pfl,

Fuck bro I’m feeling depressed again

@AscendingHero
Dont give up bro , you have some stacies to go slay in the imminent future
Terastacy aryan gigafogger beauty wow incredible

• Love it
  • +1
“Severe nct” :lul::lul:bro it’s not that brutal

View attachment 1674589

I was looking down in those pics. A very subtle cat eye lift should fix it but better to fix the root cause with a peek saddle style infra imo
Malaris muscle hypertrophy would fix your issue or total maxillary ccw.

Eyelashes look good but not gigastacy tier. Lattise+eyelash serum.

I dont know why you havent ice hooded yet. If that doesnt work apply raw animal fat there+concout oil or just fat grafts or fillers

Reverse Blepharoplasty for lower brows and then eye color halo

Ur brows are already dense (could be thicker) and mogger dark wavy hair in this pic, mirin

Malaris muscle hypertrophy would fix your issue or total maxillary ccw.

Eyelashes look good but not gigastacy tier. Lattise+eyelash serum.

I dont know why you havent ice hooded yet. If that doesnt work apply raw animal fat there+concout oil or just fat grafts or fillers

Reverse Blepharoplasty for lower brows and then eye color halo

Ur brows are already dense (could be thicker) and mogger dark wavy hair in this pic, mirin

I think my fucking problem comes down to two words. Orbital height.

I would legit kill my whole lineage to reduce my orbital height

• +1
Reactions: thecel and AscendingHero
I think my fucking problem comes down to two words. Orbital height.

I would legit kill my whole family to reduce my orbital height
That too

Improper posture over time and proper bodily positioning disturbs the cranial base angle and causes your orbitals to recede over time.

It's fixable though thankfully.

"
As confirmed in various studies, the cranial base is affected by cervical (neck) alignment, for this reason it is important to have a correct posture, so we will be able to align the frontal bone at the lowest possible point (reducing eye space eyebrow and achieving bone coverage/hooding).

When we have bad posture or nerd neck, as it is commonly known, the cranial base is misaligned and we raise the head as a compensatory movement to the fall of the neck, therefore the frontal bone rises and we lose the coverage of the ocular area and making us have elongated orbitals, which is the opposite of what we are looking for.

In the following diagrams of the study "Analysis of sagittal alignment parameters following anterior cervical hybrid decompression and fusion of multilevel cervical Spondylotic myelopathy. Yuming Huang. 2019" we can see the postural condition:"

mCGk3dUP2WD314zSmh10OjvmaLLqA_Uu1txKy0f1Xp1kbMWZg4B77YT5mWixCmceWCsKRAMzhb5R8Q3_glFgq8pzac_lbTVKgv7FvSsb_N4XbPKaLzJL3h77W_-_mUsM2cj9cHzJWRkLhQOUHQ
26sGggeWm70AKOtGOtecWNUWtjASY4SdYm7YmII9z0tpbNjYkLng3EoY1NZX_uu28PzLWlhPD7bTCT1bXAnhz57mJINtc6-Bbi_pXitPMaay-_QzACIziAn5z42_O6YKrK68o6E91TFAJhrmwQ
USXTrE4JiMn1mUY29xuoV6gGk98pa3xSL7JjlgS0kw4e7jA7lLJmwHvLJw9cdgvdfuZdlynXyiC8VidnaM9USGQhFNZaLgMUZNLic778A5DSnKS8Rr_DlAjvGa-3xeXWxXJeDP6OdnIzz_vs3g

Long term posture maxxing is key. Muscles pull on bone and change its shape over time

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Racky and Deleted member 16834
That too

Improper posture over time and proper bodily positioning disturbs the cranial base angle and causes your orbitals to recede over time.

It's fixable though thankfully.

"
As confirmed in various studies, the cranial base is affected by cervical (neck) alignment, for this reason it is important to have a correct posture, so we will be able to align the frontal bone at the lowest possible point (reducing eye space eyebrow and achieving bone coverage/hooding).

When we have bad posture or nerd neck, as it is commonly known, the cranial base is misaligned and we raise the head as a compensatory movement to the fall of the neck, therefore the frontal bone rises and we lose the coverage of the ocular area and making us have elongated orbitals, which is the opposite of what we are looking for.

In the following diagrams of the study "Analysis of sagittal alignment parameters following anterior cervical hybrid decompression and fusion of multilevel cervical Spondylotic myelopathy. Yuming Huang. 2019" we can see the postural condition:"

mCGk3dUP2WD314zSmh10OjvmaLLqA_Uu1txKy0f1Xp1kbMWZg4B77YT5mWixCmceWCsKRAMzhb5R8Q3_glFgq8pzac_lbTVKgv7FvSsb_N4XbPKaLzJL3h77W_-_mUsM2cj9cHzJWRkLhQOUHQ
26sGggeWm70AKOtGOtecWNUWtjASY4SdYm7YmII9z0tpbNjYkLng3EoY1NZX_uu28PzLWlhPD7bTCT1bXAnhz57mJINtc6-Bbi_pXitPMaay-_QzACIziAn5z42_O6YKrK68o6E91TFAJhrmwQ
USXTrE4JiMn1mUY29xuoV6gGk98pa3xSL7JjlgS0kw4e7jA7lLJmwHvLJw9cdgvdfuZdlynXyiC8VidnaM9USGQhFNZaLgMUZNLic778A5DSnKS8Rr_DlAjvGa-3xeXWxXJeDP6OdnIzz_vs3g

Long term posture maxxing is key. Muscles pull on bone and change its shape over time

Another high iq banger
Screenshotted.

I think 99% of people can benefit from the back brace until posture becomes second nature.

89C830AF 04AE 4A09 8F98 1CA22798397A

• Woah
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thecel, Racky and AscendingHero
Another high iq banger
Screenshotted.

I think 99% of people can benefit from the back brace until posture becomes second nature.

View attachment 1674609
Yea but sometimes that can impede the natural curve ones back takes up. If you suffer from bad posture, you tend to have tight muscles and muscular imbalances work on fixing that first

Go to a neuromuscular orthodontist

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel, Racky and Deleted member 16834
99B7402F 2F40 426A B23F A0D26F396254

Is my upper maxilla recessed?

• +1
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: User49 and Tasty17
What's the upper maxilla?

The upper maxilla is essentially the Le Fort 2 area minus the Le Fort 1 area.

View attachment 1033427View attachment 1033418View attachment 1033419

Figure 1: The 3 Le Fort fractures. The upper maxilla is Le Fort 2 minus Le Fort 1.

The upper maxilla includes the inner infraorbital rims, the nasal ridge, the canine fossa area (Figure 2), and most importantly, the nasal aperture.

View attachment 1033442

Figure 2: Canine fossae

This post doesn't go into detail about the canine fossa; just know that it's an important part of the upper maxilla.

What does upper maxillary projection look like?

Upper maxillary projection is characterized by the area from the front of the cheekbone to the back of the nose being a smooth transition when viewed from the side, as seen in Figure 3.

View attachment 1033406View attachment 1033407

Figure 3: Almost-side-profile view of a White man with upper maxillary projection

The man in Figure 3 has a seamless "blend" between the zygoma and the back of the nose. Contrast that with this other man who has a clearly defined border in the same spot:

View attachment 1033448

Figure 4: Poor upper maxillary projection

The difference is due to the slope of the bone around the nasal aperture. With a forward upper maxilla, the bone on the left and right taper forward and inward toward the nose. With a flat upper maxilla, the bone on both sides of the upper maxilla are parallel.

View attachment 1033403

Figure 5: Caucasoid projected upper maxilla vs. Mongoloid flat upper maxilla

Projected upper maxillas as typically seen in Caucasoids, whereas a flat upper maxilla is a Mongoloid trait.

Another way to look at this is in terms of the position of the nasal aperture, the hole in the skull you breathe through.

View attachment 1033410View attachment 1033408View attachment 1033409

Figure 6: Underprojected, normal, and overprojected nasal apertures

View attachment 1033417View attachment 1033421

Figure 7: The recessed nasal aperture of a Mongoloid and the projected nasal aperture of a Caucasoid

An aesthetic upper maxilla is for the most part a projected nasal aperture.

Here's an East Asian woman who got a nose job as well as some procedure that moved her nasal aperture forward and made the surrounding tissue more slanted forwards toward the center:

View attachment 1033404View attachment 1033405

Figure 8: Before and after of an East Asian woman who got a more projected nasal aperture, making the surrounding contour slanted forward toward the middle like Caucasians

As you can see, she used to have a clearly defined border between the front of her zygos and the back of her nose, and after surgery it turned into a smooth blended transition, which is ideal.

The difference between a projected upper maxilla and a projected nose

This is a recessed subhuman:

View attachment 1033412

Figure 9: A recessed subhuman

Giving him a forward-protruding Caucasoid nose doesn't result in a good look (Figure 10).

View attachment 1033413

Figure 10: Shit

His nasal aperture and the bone around it needs to get pulled forward, like this:

View attachment 1033479

Figure 11: Better

I deliberately kept his nose flat in order to show how a projected upper maxilla with a flat nose mogs a recessed upper maxilla with a projecting nose.

The final nail in the coffin for Mew Indicator Line copers

@loox made a very high-IQ post last year about the faults of the Mew Indicator Line:

https://looksmax.org/threads/how-to-measure-a-recessed-maxilla.122146/post-2598129

Unfortunately, it hasn't gotten many views because it's the 60th reply to a thread that claims the Mew Indicator Line is a "great tool." At the time of writing, that thread is in the "Best of the Best" subforum. I think it has merit, but it should be removed from BotB for the Mew Indicator Line's flaws.

What flaws? Well first of all, the Mew Indicator Line (MIL) does a poor job at measuring forward growth. If you think about it, drawing a line from the incisors to the nose tip measures the projection of the lower maxilla relative to the upper maxilla—though inaccurately because nose size affects the measurement.

A short MIL indicates a more projected lower maxilla compared to the upper, and a long MIL indicates the opposite. Because of the relative nature of the MIL, a more recessed upper maxilla actually causes a shorter and more ideal MIL, which doesn't make sense (Figure 12).

View attachment 1033415

Figure 12: The more recessed a person's upper maxilla, the better the Mew Indicator Line.

As previously mentioned, MIL is affected by nose size, and this makes it an utterly dog shit method of measuring the degree of maxillary projection. If it weren't affected by nose size, it'd serve as a useful tool for measuring the upper/lower projection balance: the projection of the lower maxilla relative to the upper. But it's useless for measuring that too since it's affected by nose size. Methods such as the maxillary triangle (Figure 13) are superior.

View attachment 1033502

Figure 13: The Maxillary Triangle: a better method of measuring maxillary projection than the Mew Indicator Line.

What's the key takeaway?

Upper maxillary projection is pretty much nasal aperture projection. And nasal aperture projection is the most important thing for getting that "forward-grown look." Flawed methods like the Mew Indicator Line are bad for measuring upper maxillary projection.
Very high iq, but dont forget, nose bridge is determined by nazal bones, which is why its so easy to see recession based on hooked nose and side profile cheek line.

In most recessed people the nasion and bridge of nose isnt too behind, its the maxilarry part of nasal aperture, the lower and side part thats lacking. Which is a problem with lefort 2 and 3, which bring the whole shtick forward.

• +1
The mid maxilla appears recessed relative to the very forward-projecting upper.
So my lower and upper maxilla is projected while the mid maxilla is recessed?

how can i fix my recessed+narrow maxilla?

i hate my maxilla hypoplasia

• +1
Itt birdcel cope

• JFL
@thecel seems like I have upper maxillary assymetry because looking at my left side profile my upper maxilla il clearly more projected than in my right side profile. How the fuck is that even possible? My ramus is also shorter on the left side where the upper maxilla is more projected yet longer on my right side where the maxilla is less projected. Because of this my jaw looks more squared in my right side profile but my upper maxilarry projection is shittier while on the left side my upper maxillary projection is very good buy my jaw looks less squared and more "downwarth grown" in a sense (visual effect from the lack of ramus length I suppose).

What kind of subhumanity even is this :forcedsmile::lul: ? Is it even fixable? What surgery even? :feelswhy:

@thecel seems like I have upper maxillary assymetry because looking at my left side profile my upper maxilla il clearly more projected than in my right side profile. How the fuck is that even possible? My ramus is also shorter on the left side where the upper maxilla is more projected yet longer on my right side where the maxilla is less projected. Because of this my jaw looks more squared in my right side profile but my upper maxilarry projection is shittier while on the left side my upper maxillary projection is very good buy my jaw looks less squared and more "downwarth grown" in a sense (visual effect from the lack of ramus length I suppose).

What kind of subhumanity even is this :forcedsmile::lul: ? Is it even fixable? What surgery even? :feelswhy:
Confusion like this is what happens when mental masturbation terms like "upper maxillary projection" are invented

• Hmm...
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro
Confusion like this is what happens when mental masturbation terms like "upper maxillary projection" are invented
What the fuck are you even talking about you greycel retard? Upper maxillary projection is just the projection of the upper part of the maxilla you god damn donkey fuck.

• JFL
Reactions: thecel and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
What the fuck are you even talking about you greycel retard? Upper maxillary projection is just the projection of the upper part of the maxilla you god damn donkey fuck.
Read the OP. None of the pics actually showed this. It was all about prominent nasal and brow bones. The comparisons showed guys with projecting nasal and brow bones compared to guys who don't have it.

• +1
Read the OP. None of the pics actually showed this. It was all about prominent nasal and brow bones. The comparisons showed guys with projecting nasal and brow bones compared to guys who don't have it.
Dude the OP is talking about the importance of upper maxillary projection (projection of the middle part of the maxilla) and I stated that my upper maxillary projection is fucking assymetric, you tell me to read the OP but your reading comprehansion is Jeet tier. Greycels me

• +1
Everyone can fraud a good maxilla at this angle, even asians
Bs, has nothing to do. From this angle you can clearly see she is a mogger. No Asian can fraud this projection, only those exceptions of Asians who are.. INDEED projected.

• +1
Good thread, but mostly "water" I mean its is logical. Also dont focus too much on the mew-indicator, it is not a precise thing. However, what Mews doctors keep empathizing is the importance of mewing with the back of tongue in particular. Because that is exactly what brings upper maxilla forwards and upwards.

Also nasal aperture projection is not the most important thing for getting that forward grown look. Both lower third and upper third of the face are equally as important.

If the nasal aperture is very projected but mandible and forehead arent, the face ends up looking very triangular in side profile view, looks like a woodpecker side profile and very unaesthetic.

However good examples and good effort thread, thumbed up. Do like the quality and iq put into it, in what otherwise is spamfest in this forum in general.
IF you are above 18, there is nothing you can do. Even IF the mewing theory does anything at all

• +1
Its hard to believe she ascended like that with only rhinoplasty:

d0f22e6f-93db-4e6a-843e-2420cbafd6f5-jpeg.1033404

I actually checked his IG and no other women had such a huge ascension after just a rhinoplasty. The after pic is either morphed or some jaw surgery.
Only lefort 2 would do that. nothing else. Only a nose bridge implant as well, but this looks like the lower maxilla also moved

• +1

Figure 1: The 3 Le Fort fractures. The upper maxilla is Le Fort 2 minus Le Fort 1.

The upper maxilla includes the inner infraorbital rims, the nasal ridge, the canine fossa area (Figure 2), and most importantly, the nasal aperture.

View attachment 1033442

This post doesn't go into detail about the canine fossa; just know that it's an important part of the upper maxilla.

Upper maxillary projection is characterized by the area from the front of the cheekbone to the back of the nose being a smooth transition when viewed from the side, as seen in Figure 3.

Figure 3: Almost-side-profile view of a White man with upper maxillary projection

The man in Figure 3 has a seamless "blend" between the zygoma and the back of the nose. Contrast that with this other man who has a clearly defined border in the same spot:

View attachment 1033448

The difference is due to the slope of the bone around the nasal aperture. With a forward upper maxilla, the bone on the left and right taper forward and inward toward the nose. With a flat upper maxilla, the bone on both sides of the upper maxilla are parallel.

View attachment 1033403

Projected upper maxillas as typically seen in Caucasoids, whereas a flat upper maxilla is a Mongoloid trait.

Another way to look at this is in terms of the position of the nasal aperture, the hole in the skull you breathe through.

Figure 7: The recessed nasal aperture of a Mongoloid and the projected nasal aperture of a Caucasoid

Here's an East Asian woman who got a nose job as well as some procedure that moved her nasal aperture forward and made the surrounding tissue more slanted forwards toward the center:

Figure 8: Before and after of an East Asian woman who got a more projected nasal aperture, making the surrounding contour slanted forward toward the middle like Caucasians

As you can see, she used to have a clearly defined border between the front of her zygos and the back of her nose, and after surgery it turned into a smooth blended transition, which is ideal.

View attachment 1033412

Giving him a forward-protruding Caucasoid nose doesn't result in a good look (Figure 10).

View attachment 1033413

His nasal aperture and the bone around it needs to get pulled forward, like this:

View attachment 1033479

I deliberately kept his nose flat in order to show how a projected upper maxilla with a flat nose mogs a recessed upper maxilla with a projecting nose.

@loox made a very high-IQ post last year about the faults of the Mew Indicator Line:

https://looksmax.org/threads/how-to-measure-a-recessed-maxilla.122146/post-2598129

Unfortunately, it hasn't gotten many views because it's the 60th reply to a thread that claims the Mew Indicator Line is a "great tool." At the time of writing, that thread is in the "Best of the Best" subforum. I think it has merit, but it should be removed from BotB for the Mew Indicator Line's flaws.

What flaws? Well first of all, the Mew Indicator Line (MIL) does a poor job at measuring forward growth. If you think about it, drawing a line from the incisors to the nose tip measures the projection of the lower maxilla relative to the upper maxilla—though inaccurately because nose size affects the measurement.

A short MIL indicates a more projected lower maxilla compared to the upper, and a long MIL indicates the opposite. Because of the relative nature of the MIL, a more recessed upper maxilla actually causes a shorter and more ideal MIL, which doesn't make sense (Figure 12).

View attachment 1033415

Figure 12: The more recessed a person's upper maxilla, the better the Mew Indicator Line.

As previously mentioned, MIL is affected by nose size, and this makes it an utterly dog shit method of measuring the degree of maxillary projection. If it weren't affected by nose size, it'd serve as a useful tool for measuring the upper/lower projection balance: the projection of the lower maxilla relative to the upper. But it's useless for measuring that too since it's affected by nose size. Methods such as the maxillary triangle (Figure 13) are superior.

View attachment 1033502

Figure 13: The Maxillary Triangle: a better method of measuring maxillary projection than the Mew Indicator Line.

What's the key takeaway?

Upper maxillary projection is pretty much nasal aperture projection. And nasal aperture projection is the most important thing for getting that "forward-grown look." Flawed methods like the Mew Indicator Line are bad for measuring upper maxillary projection.
What if my lower maxilla is more projected than my upper?

• +1
yer subhuman
any non surgical cope ways to bring the upper maxilla more forwrad and grown? or all cope be frl bc i seen some youtubers get their upper maixla more forward with muh hard mewing for years but it could be cope

• +1
I have overprojected nasal apertures that cause my upper lip go inwards giving me that sperg mouth fml

• +1
Methods such as the maxillary triangle (Figure 13) are superior.

How 2 Know how 2 make Maxillary Traingle? Idk how 2 make Maxillary triangle on my face

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25190 and thecel

View attachment 1033442

View attachment 1033448

View attachment 1033403

View attachment 1033412

View attachment 1033413

View attachment 1033479

View attachment 1033415

View attachment 1033502

What's the key takeaway?

Is mewing cope btw?🥺

• +1

View attachment 1033442

View attachment 1033448

View attachment 1033403

View attachment 1033412

View attachment 1033413

View attachment 1033479

View attachment 1033415

View attachment 1033502

What's the key takeaway?

what do u think of good upper maxilla but bad lower maxilla? this makes u naso folds cel?

• +1
I wonder, aside from cartilage pulling,
portrait-handsome-man-closed-nose-stink-smell-portrait-handsome-man-closed-nose-stink-smell-166379399.jpg

and upper jaw pulling
SPOILER-2246193-1-A2-B1-E25-540-E-470-B-B4-D9-F55-C32-A3-FC80-1.png

If,

1. anchored nasal bridge pulling with a facepuller (you need to be buddy with a maxillofacial doc/surgeon to install the bone anchors like those in the palate) to essentially pull your upper maxilla and increase your airway space as well

2305737-men-beauty-620x350-81479458337.jpg

OR
2. there is way to insert rods inside your nose like the ones used to test whether you got covid

rapid-test-hero.jpg

But solid anelastic ones that don't BEND and pull your nasal bridge - maxilla that way

2305737-men-beauty-620x350-81479458337-1.jpg

is a realistic way to partly fix a recessed upper maxilla.

JFL how does that guy breath?
2305774_1615354133914.png

His alar base starts behind his eyes.

Mirin his 3 cubic centimeters (3 cm^3) cranial airway.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ymb, Deleted member 28414 and thecel
How much does this count as a face-rating? how much %?
could someone send me the topic that talks how much each part of the face count as percentage?

• Woah
I wonder, aside from cartilage pulling,
portrait-handsome-man-closed-nose-stink-smell-portrait-handsome-man-closed-nose-stink-smell-166379399.jpg

and upper jaw pulling
SPOILER-2246193-1-A2-B1-E25-540-E-470-B-B4-D9-F55-C32-A3-FC80-1.png

If,

1. anchored nasal bridge pulling with a facepuller (you need to be buddy with a maxillofacial doc/surgeon to install the bone anchors like those in the palate) to essentially pull your upper maxilla and increase your airway space as well

2305737-men-beauty-620x350-81479458337.jpg

OR
2. there is way to insert rods inside your nose like the ones used to test whether you got covid

rapid-test-hero.jpg

But solid anelastic ones that don't BEND and pull your nasal bridge - maxilla that way

2305737-men-beauty-620x350-81479458337-1.jpg

is a realistic way to partly fix a recessed upper maxilla.

JFL how does that guy breath?
2305774_1615354133914.png

His alar base starts behind his eyes.

Mirin his 3 cubic centimeters (3 cm^3) cranial airway.
Interesting ideas here

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Hipcel