VARIANCE in life is insane. Comparison to gambling. Why you shouldn't give up just yet.

MoggerGaston

MoggerGaston

Weltschmerz
'VARIANCE in life-experiences is insane. Comparison to gambling. Why you shouldn't give up just yet.'

I wanted to write this topic for a while already, but it required major effort that I never felt like putting into it for now. Maybe in the future.

(I want to proof everything with numbers. Both for gambling, as well as making rudimentary calculations for how this would work out for human dating results, socializing results. Comparing the effects). So I have it on the back of my mind for now, maybe somewhere in the future. I think that simulations of human behavior would prove everything I talk about though. The fine-tuning is mostly about till what extent, and how significant variance truly is.

So I will make this topic for now instead, which covers most I wanted to talk about anyways.

A summary is that:

Even the best possible gamblers, such as the best possible poker players like Phil Ivey, who clearly 'gamble' with positive 'Expected Value', will experience MASSIVE SWINGS in their outcomes, in their results.
Even when you are a fucking MASTERMIND, you are bound to an extreme element of luck which decides your outcome. In poker.

And the effects of 'luck' called variance, in mathematical terms, is extremely under-rated in normal human psychology. Or so I believe.
It's a weakness of the human mind, the way we were biologically programmed to not understand that

we could be making the right decision within the knowledge/ability that we had, get the wrong outcome, and then question our right decision. Which is the wrong conclusion, but a natural one to take from our failed human biology standpoint.

And the effects of this can be absolutely brutal. Because if your mind adopts to this 'bad outcome', you will be adjusting your decision-making process in a negative way. You will be making WORSE decisions, just because one of your GOOD decisions had a bad outcome due to sheer 'bad luck'.

Leading to a downwards spiral. Where for example, you could be socializing less, putting less interest into girls, into making friends, and so on.
Not because you are ugly/faulty/autistic, not because you made a mistake, no, you simply had bad luck a couple of times.

You may not believe me, because your mind has adopted.
You had these few experiences, just like me, where you felt like you did everything right, but the result was everything wrong.

And as a result of that, you adapted. You changed your behavior, and you stopped 'doing everything right', because it didn't give you the results you were looking for.

And my take in this post is to try and make you understand that perhaps you were just fucking unlucky. And that being fucking unlucky is normal in life, because variance in life is EVERYWHERE. You can't escape statistical probability.

And adapting to an unlucky result, like being rejected, socially bullied, being incel, despite doing everything right. Could be the worst possible thing you could do.

You are ditching your good strategy, the strategy that would've worked out in the end, which would've lead to a positive outcome in the end.
(Positive EV in poker terms).
Adapting to an unlucky situation, taking on an unideal strategy, otherwise be known as 'being on tilt' in poker. Which will lead to many losses in the future. Often only further solidifying your bad thoughts about how the world works.

Instead of having a strategy that was meant to succeed, or at least do 'average' in life. Now, due to variance, failing a couple of time due to sheer bad luck.
Now as a result: You now adopted a strategy that was meant to fail.
absolutely fucking brutal.

An example is from the movie, Molly's game:

I truly believe that most of us incels, on this forum, are simply a result of VARIANCE in life.

1) We played our life. We did our best, as far as we knew. We made the 'right decision', we played the game as it was supposed to be played.
2) Because we got bad results, but not because our decision-making was bad. Because we were so ugly, because our behavior was so wrong. No: Our bad results were due to variance. Otherwise known as bad luck.
3) Due to bad variance, early in our life, we changed a winning strategy. We had a good strategy before, but due to bad luck, we started thinking it was a bad strategy after all. So instead we adopted another strategy, like socially excluding ourselves, which led to similar bad results as we had before. But now, our bad results are not a result of sheer bad luck, variance, but simply due to the fact our strategy is garbage!!!!!
4) inceldom.

It's so fucking brutal.

Again, I want to provide the calculations and the science that would give this topic more substance. But I think that the idea of it has substance enough for now. I think I am right and I don't expect calculations to lead to different conclusions than I have sort-of drawn in my topic thus far.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: bloomercel, hypernormie, 5'7 zoomer and 15 others
Among incels, there are a lot of people who went basically 'full-tilt' in their teenage years, because they had bad luck. Not because they did anything wrong, or because they are too ugly. No, they simply got unlucky in a couple of crucial moments.

Like the poker-player in this video:

It's an extremely important lesson to take.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: bloomercel, 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 50702 and 4 others
I got unlucky far too many times in my childhood and it gave me abused dog disease
If only I could have been born in a non-shithole to sentient parents. Fuck!

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel, Pikabro, try2beme and 2 others
Good thread. My irl best friend is a poker player and we've had conversations nearly identical to this

Alot of people will call this bluepill and not see the nuance

People might see a guy like you, see that you look decent and call you a slayer mentalcel

But to me I get why you ended up here. All it would've took is a few wrong moves at the wrong places to set you on a bad trajectory. It could've been entirely circumstantial.

Meanwhile there's subhumans can stay sedated and happy with a few ltb slays. It doesn't contradict the blackpill because looks are the most important factor, but ultimately they're one of many than lead to a "loser"

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999, Pikabro, Deleted member 23391 and 4 others
I know the exact crucial moments from my childhood which caused my brain to go haywire.

It's amazing how sensitive and fragile a human mind is at that age, so much that few traumas can permanently change the brain chemistry for the worse. From that changed brain chemistry, a completely different path will emerge, you will make different decisions, your mind will perceive things in a different way, negative experiences will continue to pile up, it's just one brutal compounding pill.

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel, incel194012940, Pikabro and 4 others
Ehh... no.
I play this out all the time and for someone like me the only reasonable ceiling would be to find a used up Asian woman who is below all standards of the most truecel of whites--ricecel existence is playing by the rules to your own detriment, hoping that one day you will get the taste of other people's scraps.
Something like this is impossible to explain to anybody else--even this incel forum is just another source of low grade gaslighting for me.
You have to be a total sperg freak like @Ai Impact to actually understand how and why East Asian men have Mariana-Trench-bottom SMV.

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel, MoggerGaston and try2beme
'VARIANCE in life-experiences is insane. Comparison to gambling. Why you shouldn't give up just yet.'

I wanted to write this topic for a while already, but it required major effort that I never felt like putting into it for now. Maybe in the future.

(I want to proof everything with numbers. Both for gambling, as well as making rudimentary calculations for how this would work out for human dating results, socializing results. Comparing the effects). So I have it on the back of my mind for now, maybe somewhere in the future. I think that simulations of human behavior would prove everything I talk about though. The fine-tuning is mostly about till what extent, and how significant variance truly is.

So I will make this topic for now instead, which covers most I wanted to talk about anyways.

A summary is that:

Even the best possible gamblers, such as the best possible poker players like Phil Ivey, who clearly 'gamble' with positive 'Expected Value', will experience MASSIVE SWINGS in their outcomes, in their results.
Even when you are a fucking MASTERMIND, you are bound to an extreme element of luck which decides your outcome. In poker.

And the effects of 'luck' called variance, in mathematical terms, is extremely under-rated in normal human psychology. Or so I believe.
It's a weakness of the human mind, the way we were biologically programmed to not understand that

we could be making the right decision within the knowledge/ability that we had, get the wrong outcome, and then question our right decision. Which is the wrong conclusion, but a natural one to take from our failed human biology standpoint.

And the effects of this can be absolutely brutal. Because if your mind adopts to this 'bad outcome', you will be adjusting your decision-making process in a negative way. You will be making WORSE decisions, just because one of your GOOD decisions had a bad outcome due to sheer 'bad luck'.

Leading to a downwards spiral. Where for example, you could be socializing less, putting less interest into girls, into making friends, and so on.
Not because you are ugly/faulty/autistic, not because you made a mistake, no, you simply had bad luck a couple of times.

You had these few experiences, just like me, where you felt like you did everything right, but the result was everything wrong.

And as a result of that, you adapted. You changed your behavior, and you stopped 'doing everything right', because it didn't give you the results you were looking for.

And my take in this post is to try and make you understand that perhaps you were just fucking unlucky. And that being fucking unlucky is normal in life, because variance in life is EVERYWHERE. You can't escape statistical probability.

And adapting to an unlucky result, like being rejected, socially bullied, being incel, despite doing everything right. Could be the worst possible thing you could do.

You are ditching your good strategy, the strategy that would've worked out in the end, which would've lead to a positive outcome in the end.
Adapting to an unlucky situation, taking on an unideal strategy, otherwise be known as 'being on tilt' in poker. Which will lead to many losses in the future. Often only further solidifying your bad thoughts about how the world works.

Instead of having a strategy that was meant to succeed, or at least do 'average' in life. Now, due to variance, failing a couple of time due to sheer bad luck.

I truly believe that most of us incels, on this forum, are simply a result of VARIANCE in life.

1) We played our life. We did our best, as far as we knew. We made the 'right decision', we played the game as it was supposed to be played.
2) Because we got bad results, but not because our decision-making was bad. Because we were so ugly, because our behavior was so wrong. No: Our bad results were due to variance. Otherwise known as bad luck.
3) Due to bad variance, early in our life, we changed a winning strategy. We had a good strategy before, but due to bad luck, we started thinking it was a bad strategy after all. So instead we adopted another strategy, like socially excluding ourselves, which led to similar bad results as we had before. But now, our bad results are not a result of sheer bad luck, variance, but simply due to the fact our strategy is garbage!!!!!
4) inceldom.

It's so fucking brutal.

Again, I want to provide the calculations and the science that would give this topic more substance. But I think that the idea of it has substance enough for now. I think I am right and I don't expect calculations to lead to different conclusions than I have sort-of drawn in my topic thus far.

good analogy.

life is all about reproductive strategies after all

you play poker?

A summary is that:

4) inceldom.

It's so fucking brutal.

cope

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bloomercel and Primalsplit
cope

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: bloomercel and Gonthar
Among incels, there are a lot of people who went basically 'full-tilt' in their teenage years, because they had bad luck. Not because they did anything wrong, or because they are too ugly. No, they simply got unlucky in a couple of crucial moments..
Wow very high IQ also I’m really good at poker and the probability math seems really similar and applicable to life in general

Math is God’s language and I don’t think people understand that our entire reality is nothing but numbers in different planes and dimensions

Tesla was getting at something

Wow very high IQ also I’m really good at poker and the probability math seems really similar and applicable to life in general

Math is God’s language and I don’t think people understand that our entire reality is nothing but numbers in different planes and dimensions

Tesla was getting at something
numbers are indian abstractions, they created maths to cope with a failure to understand reality on a more immediate and intuitive level like humans.

numbers are indian abstractions, they created maths to cope with a failure to understand reality on a more immediate and intuitive level like humans.
Numbers and math are not inventions but inherent aspects of reality. They form a universal language discovered, not created, by humans. Mathematical patterns exist in nature, and our understanding is a process of unveiling these pre-existing truths, revealing the inherent order woven into the fabric of the universe.

Numbers are inherent to the fabric of reality, serving as abstract representations of quantities and relationships. They precede human understanding, existing in natural phenomena and fundamental patterns observed in the universe. Humans developed mathematics not as a coping mechanism for a lack of immediate intuition but as a means to comprehend and express the inherent numerical nature of the world around them.

4) inceldom.
Lol, if you're ugly you can't change the numbers in your favor, a Chad for example would have to approach 3-4 girls, and even him might be rejected several times, but then he will get "lucky" and score, while an incel would have to approach hundreds of women, to even be accepted by one, and she will very likely be a low tier woman,emotionally damaged, that suffered some abuse in the past, be crazy, on drugs, etc.
So it's all a numbers game, but the numbers are stacked in Chad's favor, while an incel will have to go through an inhuman number of rejections that will very likely destroy him emotionally, only to get a bottom of the barrel girl.
The "variance" mentioned means that success is unpredictable, it's basically a percentage of your chance to get "lucky", a Chad could have a 20-30% of success let's say, while an incel something more like 0,2-0,3%, so he will have to approach on average like 300 girls only to score with one, but this doesn't mean that if he will approach 299 girls, the next one will be the lucky, his chance is still at 0,3%, so sometimes variance can make weird things happen like he will be rejected more than 300 times(600, 900, etc.), but then he could get lucky twice in a very short time period for example.

When I learned first about PUA, and started practicing it, I had the beginner's luck - after approaching around 20 girls and going on dates with two of them, the third date was the "lucky" one, I got a girlfriend that was way out of my league - hot and freaky, but also kinda crazy, and into drugs and self-harm. After three months of an intense relationship, it ended suddenly just as abrupt as it started, but I was very confident in my skills and game, and I attributed my "luck" to those. I was extremely confused after this, when I experienced an extremely long string of rejections - literally hundreds of girls in around a year period, and I couldn't figure out what the hell was happening. It all made sense only after I learned about the black pill, and finally figured out that my initial success was simply a fluke, a random anomaly, a rare occurrence, that it's extremely unlikely to ever happen again.

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel, Marsik and MoggerGaston
Lol, if you're ugly you can't change the numbers in your favor, a Chad for example would have to approach 3-4 girls, and even him might be rejected several times, but then he will get "lucky" and score, while an incel would have to approach hundreds of women, to even be accepted by one, and she will very likely be a low tier woman,emotionally damaged, that suffered some abuse in the past, be crazy, on drugs, etc.
So it's all a numbers game, but the numbers are stacked in Chad's favor, while an incel will have to go through an inhuman number of rejections that will very likely destroy him emotionally, only to get a bottom of the barrel girl.
The "variance" mentioned means that success is unpredictable, it's basically a percentage of your chance to get "lucky", a Chad could have a 20-30% of success let's say, while an incel something more like 0,2-0,3%, so he will have to approach on average like 300 girls only to score with one, but this doesn't mean that if he will approach 299 girls, the next one will be the lucky, his chance is still at 0,3%, so sometimes variance can make weird things happen like he will be rejected more than 300 times(600, 900, etc.), but then he could get lucky twice in a very short time period for example.

When I learned first about PUA, and started practicing it, I had the beginner's luck - after approaching around 20 girls and going on dates with two of them, the third date was the "lucky" one, I got a girlfriend that was way out of my league - hot and freaky, but also kinda crazy, and into drugs and self-harm. After three months of an intense relationship, it ended suddenly just as abrupt as it started, but I was very confident in my skills and game, and I attributed my "luck" to those. I was extremely confused after this, when I experienced an extremely long string of rejections - literally hundreds of girls in around a year period, and I couldn't figure out what the hell was happening. It all made sense only after I learned about the black pill, and finally figured out that my initial success was simply a fluke, a random anomaly, a rare occurrence, that it's extremely unlikely to ever happen again.
yeah real life is brutal for incels

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel, MoggerGaston and Gonthar
fuark this post makes me want to fly to macau and bet it all

This applies to a low-Chadlite like the OP who started the game already mentally scarred by his parents.

It doesn't apply to 5'2 Balding Indian Janitor. :lul: :lul::lul:

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Big White Cuck, bloomercel and MoggerGaston
I was always a low confidence abused dog with no friends. Even in kindergarten I had no friends

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bloomercel, Primalsplit and MoggerGaston
Also wtf did frederick do? He had AK then turned it into KK? How?

EDIT: So the fifth king was a river and he swapped the ace with it? Breaking the oldcel’s qq hand?

Also who tf is that giga stacy?

Last edited:

A summary is that:

4) inceldom.

It's so fucking brutal.

as an amateur poker player I can appreciate the Hold'em analogy

but idk how applicable it is irl...maybe only to a certain extent

being chad is like having pocket aces ... your expected value is over 80% against any random hand...I can take it that you can bag 80% of the girls you attempt to bone

trucel is like having 7-deuce...youre a massive underdog against everyone else...you need extreme luck to outdraw all other hands and this only happens occasionally

but it was a decent thread overall

bottom line is to just keep making +EV plays and the best you can hope for is to breakeven in the long run if you're a LTN

Chadshandvsmyhand

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine

A summary is that:

4) inceldom.

It's so fucking brutal.

In this metaphor it's your looks which are the luck.

You try to present it like we just need to give it more tries when that is not the case because in poker after you lose you could get better cards while in life looks stay constant so your rejections will also stay constant