What could cause my jaw to grow down like this? is it genetic?

T

Tito604

Iron

I never mouth breathed as a kid and had decent tounge posture and chewed normally why does moy lower jaw look like it grew down my brothers have similar looking jaws but mine looks slightly worse maybe its my chin idk

i think mewing cant affect chin, just jaw

probably just genetics

• +1
Reactions: Emiqrox
I'd love to tell you why but...

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Just for the solution yourself instead, try "what causes a jaw to grow downwards? site:looksmax.org" on google and read a few threads. Check the BOTB thread on understanding malocclusion and other big threads on craniofacial development and I am sure you will learn in time.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: chadcel; and Deleted member 19174
I'd love to tell you why but...

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Just for the solution yourself instead, try "what causes a jaw to grow downwards? site:looksmax.org" on google and read a few threads. Check the BOTB thread on understanding malocclusion and other big threads on craniofacial development and I am sure you will learn in time.
just tell me bruh no need to get all philisophical im only here for this one question

• JFL
Reactions: rand anon and Deleted member 4397
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rand anon, chadcel;, credmaxing and 1 other person
Wdym by "growing down"?

If ur talking about the gonial angle then u just have a short ramus that's why ur jaw looks like that

my lower jaw looks like it grow down idk or its just my chin idk which one it is
read my other reply and u also have a recessed chin

and to answer ur initial question yes it's genetics, there's nothing you can physically do to fix it except surgery

so my whole lower third is genetic right?
There's little you can do to change it, mewing is mostly cope unless ur under like 15, and I'm almost certain you can't change the length of ur ramus or chin, only thing u can do is pray to gandy that ur skull decides to project the chin and magically grow the ramus, or..... surgery

There's little you can do to change it, mewing is mostly cope unless ur under like 15, and I'm almost certain you can't change the length of ur ramus or chin, only thing u can do is pray to gandy that ur skull decides to project the chin and magically grow the ramus, or..... surgery

View attachment 2482216

View attachment 2482215
so its genetic right? i just care if its not genetics