What do I do if my palate is too narrow to mew?

Aspiemogger

Aspiemogger

Lord Mayor of Mog City
Title.
Been told MSE or palate expansion won't really help and mewing is cope but I still believe in correct tongue posture, I can mew to the point where it hides my double chin but I still can't fit 100% of my tongue on the upper palate without "scalloping" my tongue

Also my smile is 6-8 teeth so it's not ultra narrow but on the narrower side of average I also have a slite crossbite with TMJ and just slightly slightly crooked teeth

Users drop your thoughts and comments below

MSE would help

• Hmm...
Reactions: Aspiemogger

• JFL
Reactions: artillerypro, iam good boy, wishIwasSalludon and 1 other person
  • JFL
Reactions: lassebasse and sportsmogger
MSE is your best bet, contact a dentist

• Love it
MSE is your best bet, contact a dentist
Even if it doesn't ascend me aesthetically I'll be happy with my crossbite and hopefully TMJ being fixed

wider airway = less grinding/clenching = no tmd
Even if it doesn't ascend me aesthetically I'll be happy with my crossbite and hopefully TMJ being fixed

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger
There are palete expansion exercises you can do multiple times per day for a couple of months.

• JFL
wider airway = less grinding/clenching = no tmd
It's not a bruxism problem my teeth literally don't sit straight on top of each other and one massetur doesn't work as well

There are palete expansion exercises you can do multiple times per day for a couple of months.
Did you thumb pull? And did you see results

• JFL
Title.
Been told MSE or palate expansion won't really help and mewing is cope but I still believe in correct tongue posture, I can mew to the point where it hides my double chin but I still can't fit 100% of my tongue on the upper palate without "scalloping" my tongue

Also my smile is 6-8 teeth so it's not ultra narrow but on the narrower side of average I also have a slite crossbite with TMJ and just slightly slightly crooked teeth

MSE/SARPE or segmental lefort I osteotomy w/ double jaw surgery

Just shove your tounge in as much as u can fit then mew. Thats how i went from narrow to wide palate

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Skywalker and Aspiemogger
  • +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell and slavicpsycho
I'm not deformed wtf 😂 I don't need a bimax
If your palate is so narrow that you can't mew properly then you probably are, lol. It means your maxilla is too narrow and needs skeletal expansion. If your maxilla is too narrow, there's a good chance your mandible may be underdeveloped, too.

Good palate causes mewing not the other way round.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Skywalker and Aspiemogger
If your palate is so narrow that you can't mew properly then you probably are, lol. It means your maxilla is too narrow and needs skeletal expansion. If your maxilla is too narrow, there's a good chance your mandible may be underdeveloped, too.
Check pm

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell

• +1
Reactions: Aspiemogger and arterials
So no hope for me?
I can't mew properly aswell so I don't even try incase I deform my face or some shit jfl, I think I might have some tongue tie and narrow palate aswell maybe I'm not sure, hope I'm not losing out on too much

• JFL
Title.

in what would would mse or palate expansion not help? is that not it’s entire purpose?

Thumbpull
Thumbpull
You would be an autistic monkey to have the urge to have your thumbs in your mouth for 10 min a day drowling, you would probably be in a mental hospital if you did that, but I actually did it before and it worked but if you’re any age above 16 it’s just waste of time

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: bronzeagepervert and Aspiemogger

READ EVERY POST AND IF YOU GET MSE EXPAND AS MUCH AS NEEDED FOR THE TONGUE TO GIY NO MORE

how do you get skeletal expansion? because my ortho told me a palate expander would not help me aesthethically at all, and not widen my mandible at all