What you don't understand about mewing

Wincel

Wincel

Zephir
1. Mewing is not a new cosmetic trendy thing that's supposed to make you look better. Rather, not mewing is a new thing that makes you look worse and causes crooked teeth which then causes orthodontists to do even more damage by pulling your jaws backward with elastics and preventing your teeth from shifting forward naturally with brackets and wires as you develop. Ancient jungle niggers always have had their tongues on their palates and have always chewed dense foods (which we replace with mastic gum), it is a return to nature. Crooked teeth and facial recession is not genetic, it is a new problem caused by not mewing.

2. SWALLOWING CORRECTLY changes your face. Not holding your tongue up on your palate. Unless you hardmew (which you can't do 24 hours a day), keeping your tongue on your palate is providing support but is not inputting much force at all. Mewing is a cue for your tongue to follow the proper swallowing pattern, your tongue should sweep the food/liquid across your palate and down your throat like a rolling pin and while it does this it pushes upward with a few pounds of force. Also, an incorrect swallowing pattern activates your buccinator which is a muscle used for infants to suck their mom's titty milk. You do not need to use it as an adult, and training this muscle makes you look bloated and kills your chance of having hollow cheeks.

3. Mewing is for much more than bones. Keeping your tongue on your palate, chewing hard gum, and swallowing correctly will: Give you hollow cheeks from buccinator atrophy, prevent your hyoid bone from dropping down to your balls and making you look old and ugly, SLIGHTLY straighten your teeth over time, prevent the need to use retainers after orthodontic treatment, SLIGHTLY induce a facial upswing which effects all the important bones in the face: zygos, mandible, etc., grow your masseter muscles which make your jaw appear wider and actually directly impact the shape of your mandible and even the width of the zygomatic arches, prevent TMJ and a bunch of other health related shit I left out because I know you're only concerned with cosmetics.

4. Mewing is not just keeping your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Here's what it actually is: https://looksmax.org/threads/mewing-results-made-me-worse.9412/#post-166329 And also tongue chewing, this will make it less of a pain to keep it up there and actually encourage it to rest there. Tongue chewing is when you chew a piece of gum but instead of with your teeth you repeatedly mash it up against your palate with your tongue.

5. Mike Mew was not kicked out of the British Orthodontic Society because he's a scammer or lacks evidence. I actually read the entire transcript of Mike's meeting with the BOS before they took it down, and they kicked him out for a bunch of bullshit like "You refer to yourself as a doctor, this is misleading because yes you are a doctor but you should've called yourself a dentist," "You made a remark about slaves having good development, this is offensive for some reason," "You say young children should switch from liquids to solid foods with no baby food inbetween, this is impossible and is also a huge choking hazard" (bitch I ate a whole apple with just my gums when I was 2), "You give advice on posture correction but you are an orthodontist so you are unqualified to discuss this," and worst of all: "You don't have any proof that environmental factors cause malocclusion." At this point Mike slammed the desk and demanded a debate on the cause of malocclusion which they refused because he could "only defend himself, not his ideas" which is fucking retarded seeing as they were kicking him out because of his ideas. They also brought up that his social media campaign was misleading because he didn't have any proof of facial change in adults following his techniques. Here is a result without the use of growth guidance devices that prove mewing can change your face in adulthood:

More defined cheekbones and jaw, shorter face, less of a bloated look from enlarged buccinators, etc. Yes the change is VERY slight. Mewing works in adults but it doesn't work as well as people expect it to.
Inb4 "lens distortion," Mike is well aware of this and recommends people trying his techniques to take before and after photos from far away with telescopic lenses under unnatural reproducible light, so I doubt he forgot about it here.

Obviously the BOS wants Mike Mew discredited, if his techniques were popularized that means every 4 year old in the west would get simple preventative treatment such as myobrace and the jaw surgery and orthodontic industries would completely collapse.

6. Mewing isn't hard. Its a posture change, sure its hard to change your posture but once you have it down (which takes about 3 weeks of reminding yourself to mew a few times per day) then it becomes subconscious and you will do it in your sleep. You have no excuse for not mewing.

7. Mewing is "cope," yes. It is slow as shit at making actual bone changes which is what most people are interested in. If you want actual rapid skeletal change you need to use "facepulling" devices to make up for all the years of mouth breathing/poor posture/being fucked in the ass by your orthodontist. The bones in the face NEVER fuse and change HAS BEEN ACHIEVED outside of surgery. If you do use a facepulling technique, then you still need to mew for support while you are not actively pulling. (Do not do FAGGA and do not anchor the pulling forces on your teeth, buy a palate expander and anchor your pulling headgear onto that so it moves the entire jaw forward without tipping the teeth.)

There is no "crooked teeth" gene, there is no gene that controls the position of facial bones, snoring is unnatural, there is no "overbite" gene, there is no "underbite" gene, there is no gene responsible for lack or presence of hollow cheeks. If all these things aren't determined by genetics, then what determines them? Answer: Your TONGUE.

If you aren't mewing, what are you doing? then you're a retard.

Mike Mew doesn't want your money and he never denounced DIY facepulling like most greedy orthodontists would. Here's a video of him passively discussing the subject with an audience I think you might relate to:

If you have any doubts about what I'm saying here then ask, I have evidence that skeletal change is possible in adults without surgery and I could perhaps give you a better logical explanation then what I wrote if you have trouble understanding.

Bones in the face don't fuse and respond to force: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21211241
Masticatory muscles effect the shape of the lower jaw: https://academic.oup.com/ejo/article/32/1/66/507786
Chewing expands your zygomatic arches:
Screenshot 20181230 201442

And then Mike Mew's stephen hawking example:
084a8f521414d8ec4f3925fbdb4d34f1

Young Stephen, decent facial development by modern standards.

Uploads2Fcard2Fimage2F7333122Fbab767d0 6807 4bce 9d05 fffcf4a0f0ab2F950x534  filters

Old Stephen, his maxilla got fucked because the muscles in his face died. If you can go from right to wrong at a late age, you can go from wrong to right at a late age. CHEW, bitch.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: 2025 chad candidate, Deleted member 17829, Deleted member 19301 and 84 others
high iq, hopefully people can now stop with dumb mewing related questions.

• +1
Reactions: Confusednigger, Neurose, SadnessWYJ and 9 others
the woman looks worse

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 19551, Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 17829 and 16 others
btw i "mew" myself bc its better for breathing (currycels know this for centuries...)

but...did mike mew at any point could proof his theories? in a way that would fit scientifical standards?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
  • +1
Reactions: magnificentcel, KnoxHarrington, IndianJock and 3 others
and how does mike mew explain brachyfacial phenotypes? in extreme form shortfacecels whose maxilla is too upswing, too short and needs to be clockwise rotated?

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
btw i "mew" myself bc its better for breathing (currycels know this for centuries...)

but...did mike mew at any point could proof his theories? in a way that would fit scientifical standards?
About malocclusion? Weston Price had examples that modern diets ruined faces (though Mike says its posture and less use of chewing muscles rather than nutrition) and when Mike applies his techniques on ugly/recessed/overbite'd kids early enough, they develop with straight teeth and perfect jaws. John Mew wrote a book called "The Cause and Cure of Malocclusion," worth checking out if you're really into it.

• +1
Reactions: KnoxHarrington and rickfoley
why did families like the habsburger had the same jaw deformity over centuries over generations?

Environment is a factor but denying the role of genetics for facial development including maxilla is not legit imho

• +1
Reactions: MortusX, Marsiere214, KnoxHarrington and 3 others
Damn imagine researching all this shit up couldn’t be me

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Arkantos, Extra Chromosome and 1 other person
great post, OP!:feelsyay:

• +1
Reactions: Wincel
why did families like the habsburger had the same jaw deformity over centuries over generations?

Environment is a factor but denying the role of genetics for facial development including maxilla is not legit imho
Similar lifestyle is the going theory
and how does mike mew explain brachyfacial phenotypes? in extreme form shortfacecels whose maxilla is too upswing, too short and needs to be clockwise rotated?
I've never seen this, but yeah those people probably shouldn't be mewing. There was an orthotropic headgear developed in Japan that rotated the maxilla downward at the rear of the palate, this could possibly help.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214 and Deleted member 2227
good post OP

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Arkantos and Wincel
I think a combonation of mewing and bruxism (extreme facial support) with a growth hormone deficiency could cause an undesirably short mid-face, I'd like to see an example of this from a profile shot to see if they still have some traits of facial recession despite a short face.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7125 and Marsiere214
1. Mewing is not a new cosmetic trendy thing that's supposed to make you look better. Rather, not mewing is a new thing that makes you look worse and causes crooked teeth which then causes orthodontists to do even more damage by pulling your jaws backward with elastics and preventing your teeth from shifting forward naturally with brackets and wires as you develop. Ancient jungle niggers always have had their tongues on their palates and have always chewed dense foods (which we replace with mastic gum), it is a return to nature. Crooked teeth and facial recession is not genetic, it is a new problem caused by not mewing.

2. SWALLOWING CORRECTLY changes your face. Not holding your tongue up on your palate. Unless you hardmew (which you can't do 24 hours a day), keeping your tongue on your palate is providing support but is not inputting much force at all. Mewing is a cue for your tongue to follow the proper swallowing pattern, your tongue should sweep the food/liquid across your palate and down your throat like a rolling pin and while it does this it pushes upward with a few pounds of force. Also, an incorrect swallowing pattern activates your buccinator which is a muscle used for infants to suck their mom's titty milk. You do not need to use it as an adult, and training this muscle makes you look bloated and kills your chance of having hollow cheeks.

3. Mewing is for much more than bones. Keeping your tongue on your palate, chewing hard gum, and swallowing correctly will: Give you hollow cheeks from buccinator atrophy, prevent your hyoid bone from dropping down to your balls and making you look old and ugly, SLIGHTLY straighten your teeth over time, prevent the need to use retainers after orthodontic treatment, SLIGHTLY induce a facial upswing which effects all the important bones in the face: zygos, mandible, etc., grow your masseter muscles which make your jaw appear wider and actually directly impact the shape of your mandible and even the width of the zygomatic arches, prevent TMJ and a bunch of other health related shit I left out because I know you're only concerned with cosmetics.

4. Mewing is not just keeping your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Here's what it actually is: https://looksmax.org/threads/mewing-results-made-me-worse.9412/#post-166329 And also tongue chewing, this will make it less of a pain to keep it up there and actually encourage it to rest there. Tongue chewing is when you chew a piece of gum but instead of with your teeth you repeatedly mash it up against your palate with your tongue.

5. Mike Mew was not kicked out of the British Orthodontic Society because he's a scammer or lacks evidence. I actually read the entire transcript of Mike's meeting with the BOS before they took it down, and they kicked him out for a bunch of bullshit like "You refer to yourself as a doctor, this is misleading because yes you are a doctor but you should've called yourself a dentist," "You made a remark about slaves having good development, this is offensive for some reason," "You say young children should switch from liquids to solid foods with no baby food inbetween, this is impossible and is also a huge choking hazard" (bitch I ate a whole apple with just my gums when I was 2), "You give advice on posture correction but you are an orthodontist so you are unqualified to discuss this," and worst of all: "You don't have any proof that environmental factors cause malocclusion." At this point Mike slammed the desk and demanded a debate on the cause of malocclusion which they refused because he could "only defend himself, not his ideas" which is fucking retarded seeing as they were kicking him out because of his ideas. They also brought up that his social media campaign was misleading because he didn't have any proof of facial change in adults following his techniques. Here is a result without the use of growth guidance devices that prove mewing can change your face in adulthood:
View attachment 20904
More defined cheekbones and jaw, shorter face, less of a bloated look from enlarged buccinators, etc. Yes the change is VERY slight. Mewing works in adults but it doesn't work as well as people expect it to.
Inb4 "lens distortion," Mike is well aware of this and recommends people trying his techniques to take before and after photos from far away with telescopic lenses under unnatural reproducible light, so I doubt he forgot about it here.

Obviously the BOS wants Mike Mew discredited, if his techniques were popularized that means every 4 year old in the west would get simple preventative treatment such as myobrace and the jaw surgery and orthodontic industries would completely collapse.

6. Mewing isn't hard. Its a posture change, sure its hard to change your posture but once you have it down (which takes about 3 weeks of reminding yourself to mew a few times per day) then it becomes subconscious and you will do it in your sleep. You have no excuse for not mewing.

7. Mewing is "cope," yes. It is slow as shit at making actual bone changes which is what most people are interested in. If you want actual rapid skeletal change you need to use "facepulling" devices to make up for all the years of mouth breathing/poor posture/being fucked in the ass by your orthodontist. The bones in the face NEVER fuse and change HAS BEEN ACHIEVED outside of surgery. If you do use a facepulling technique, then you still need to mew for support while you are not actively pulling. (Do not do FAGGA and do not anchor the pulling forces on your teeth, buy a palate expander and anchor your pulling headgear onto that so it moves the entire jaw forward without tipping the teeth.)

There is no "crooked teeth" gene, there is no gene that controls the position of facial bones, snoring is unnatural, there is no "overbite" gene, there is no "underbite" gene, there is no gene responsible for lack or presence of hollow cheeks. If all these things aren't determined by genetics, then what determines them? Answer: Your TONGUE.

Mike Mew doesn't want your money and he never denounced DIY facepulling like most greedy orthodontists would. Here's a video of him passively discussing the subject with an audience I think you might relate to:

If you have any doubts about what I'm saying here then ask, I have evidence that skeletal change is possible in adults without surgery and I could perhaps give you a better logical explanation then what I wrote if you have trouble understanding.

Bones in the face don't fuse and respond to force: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21211241
Masticatory muscles effect the shape of the lower jaw: https://academic.oup.com/ejo/article/32/1/66/507786
View attachment 20907
View attachment 20908

View attachment 20909
Old Stephen, his maxilla got fucked because the muscles in his face died. If you can go from right to wrong at a late age, you can go from wrong to right at a late age. CHEW, bitch.

Hi

I doubt anyone who said good post has read the thread:feelstastyman:

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Hightwolf, Marsiere214, KnoxHarrington and 3 others
I doubt anyone who said good post has read the thread:feelstastyman:
Its not like they would understand it anyway, good to see appreciation for a high effort post though.

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Its not like they would understand it anyway, good to see appreciation for a high effort post though.
Better than nothing I guess:lul:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Wincel
All of your threads are so helpful, thanks.

• +1
Absolutely maximum quality post. Everything you said in this post is completely true. The fact that appliances combined with facepulling devices will be able to cause more noticeable results in the future when this stuff becomes more popular and the science behind the methods more refined is hope. Not that I'm bad looking, but I was absolutely robbed from chadlitehood.

Last edited:
  • +1
Don’t kid yourself Mewing is just one piece of the puzzle. Posture, function, breastfeeding, nutrition, hormones, genetics and overall health account for it as well. I’ve read a study that found a relationship between testosterone and mandibular development. Likewise Weston Price was focused on nutrition, not hardness of diet. It’s all of it

• +1
Reactions: Taylorswift and Wincel
Don’t kid yourself Mewing is just one piece of the puzzle. Posture, function, breastfeeding, nutrition, hormones, genetics and overall health account for it as well. I’ve read a study that found a relationship between testosterone and mandibular development. Likewise Weston Price was focused on nutrition, not hardness of diet. It’s all of it
Yes, but with facepulling (or hardmewing) a lot of work can make up for lacking the other qualities (or all of them for that matter, its very rare to find a natural mewer). Certainly in nature all of these are going to matter.

How am I supposed to swallow while mewing? I can't seem to get that "rolling pin motion". I can't even get the back of my tongue onto the roof of my mouth.

How am I supposed to swallow while mewing? I can't seem to get that "rolling pin motion". I can't even get the back of my tongue onto the roof of my mouth.

When you do the first weird smile exercise the back of your tongue WILL get up there guaranteed.

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos
Mewing combined with orthodontics (no extraction) Saved me. I have started 16 years old with a second class division 2 (del bite), now i have a stronger lower third, hollow cheeks, wide face, and a no recessed profile

• +1
Reactions: Usum and HailToTheKing
Mewing combined with orthodontics (no extraction) Saved me. I have started 16 years old with a second class division 2 (del bite), now i have a stronger lower third, hollow cheeks, wide face, and a no recessed profile
I had class 2 wore braces, but the orthodontist removed my braces before my bite got fixed, still got class 2

• +1
Reactions: goff2
I had class 2 wore braces, but the orthodontist removed my braces before my bite got fixed, still got class 2
You’re orthodintist a criminal, go with someone who can speak about tongue posture

You’re orthodintist a criminal, go with someone who can speak about tongue posture
I might get braces for a second time

wincel, im 14 should i do hard mewing or regular mewing for actual change ?

(im really sorry if i miss understood something im Austrian) and the reason why im asking this is because teens are still developing skulls

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
wincel, im 14 should i do hard mewing or regular mewing for actual change ?

(im really sorry if i miss understood something im Austrian) and the reason why im asking this is because teens are still developing skulls
He doesn't post here anymore.
I think hard mewing is cope. Just mew normally.

View attachment 20904

View attachment 20907
View attachment 20908

View attachment 20909

bruh teach me how to mew

don't forget to mew guys

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997
Preach sis!

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao, Deleted member 6723, Deleted member 6400 and 5 others

View attachment 20904

View attachment 20907
View attachment 20908

View attachment 20909

Is it cope?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6095
I’m dropping another progress pic at the end of this year forwards growth is even better especially maxilla!
Just get bimax and scam incels with mewing cope

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: lutte, EverythingMattersCel, Patient A and 5 others
I’m dropping another progress pic at the end of this year. My forward growth is even better especially maxilla!
When tf did you get unbanned ?

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao, Mateusz74, Lolcel and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, Lmao, NoBonezForMoanz and 2 others