What's the real cause of laziness?

goldpill

goldpill

Half caged
Redditor type mfs say it's just a natural trait but it's obviously not. I think it's just things like the people around you, the things around you (that you can choose to do) and I guess it can be hormonal but that's a result of laziness with diet and exercise usually. I also think social connections and community are important to keep motivated.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Nick.Harte, Deleted member 5815 and 3 others
hypothyroidism

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, ropemax, Deleted member 21712 and 2 others
Depression

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, TUSSELEIF, Manletmachine and 3 others
  • +1
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer
It’s the internet, if i lived in a some rural village with no internet i would be mad productive on the farm

Can be caused by a million different things
Can be failure to be taught proper self discipline as a child
Can be depression
Can be anxiety
can be substance abuse etc etc

The rarest is probably just plain old laziness, it’s almost never that simple

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, TUSSELEIF, Abhorrence and 2 others
Can be caused by a million different things
Can be failure to be taught proper self discipline as a child
Can be depression
Can be anxiety
can be substance abuse etc etc

The rarest is probably just plain old laziness, it’s almost never that simple
Yeah it's unfortunate because almost everyone is lazy to some degree now. It's very rare that someones natural impulse is to do difficult work. There's always some mental resistance. I feel like if we were in our optimal environment we would naturally do what we need to because we were evolved to do that so we could survive. It could even be that the things we need to do nowadays deviate so far from what we are naturally inclined to do.

Wtf I'm high I thought you said lonliness

hopeless low iq environment stuck 150yrs behind the state's big cities, poor, no social mobility. Quality of upbringing, even good genetic ppl can catch life's hands to the head, bottlenecked mentally/emotionally

Simply not in the cards luck sometimes

Last edited:
I spend my days on looksmax twitter discord 4chan listening to music in a loop and never do any work im a true npc never doing any work nothing seems worth it, I could go to the gym for hours but this is fake productivity, mental work is what is truly hard

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence, Krakowski, mizzy and 3 others
hopeless low iq environment stuck 150yrs behind the state's big cities, poor, no social mobility. Quality of upbringing, even good genetic ppl can get life's hands, bottlenecked mentally/emotionally

Simply not in the cards luck sometimes
Low iq might even be anti laziness because you lack the capacity to overthink. This nigga I knew would just think of a career path and dedicate everything to it until he reached his limit where his iq stopped him. It's also commonly known that high iq people suffer more with depression

• +1
Reactions: wowamat
There are a lot of factors that come into play, but environmental factors along with neurochemistry are the biggest. When I took ssris could easilly do boring mundane tasks. I could sit and read a book for 4 hours straight. I could do something I want to accomplish instead of contemplating it or procrastinating. Now that I am off the ssris I can barely do anything outside of mindlessly browsing youtube shorts.

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence, goldpill and wowamat
@BrahminBoss have you made a thread on hypothyroidism or something ? Looking to get that fixed.

I spend my days on looksmax twitter discord 4chan listening to music in a loop and never do any work im a true npc never doing any work nothing seems worth it, I could go to the gym for hours but this is fake productivity, mental work is what is truly hard
Gym is the biggest hard work cope ever. The people who build relatively big physiques don't even struggle going there because they have enough insecurity to fuel them to go. And it helps them to justify spend a lot of time doing nothing and eating shit food. Niggas spending 4 hours per day on gym related shit is stupid as fuck because they'll never even reach the point where they are satisfied and it's just a cope because they find it too difficult to spend the time doing things they actually need to do, and gym gets validated as hard work so they may as well do that instead

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5815
Low iq might even be anti laziness because you lack the capacity to overthink. This nigga I knew would just think of a career path and dedicate everything to it until he reached his limit where his iq stopped him. It's also commonly known that high iq people suffer more with depression
Yes. The worst case scenario is an individual with completely contrasting IQ, personality/look to the environment

High iq in low iq environment is hell enough, worse if the face can't fit in socially. If u dont look like one of the boys w the ones controlling the money + intelligence, its hard

Pretty sure you described how humanity has gotten so far, majority of population is currently under the 'the incessant action taking pick-urself-up-bootstraps sfuff, do-now think later until capped by one's genetic ceiling' wageslave brainwash

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: goldpill
Yea, I notice nowadays for a lot of kids "grinding" and "working hard" just means going to the gym and lifting heavy, with no emphasis at all on actually learning things and doing any sort of work that advances you in a subject.

makes sense though because you get so desensitized from scrolling day in and day out that the only work you can get yourself to do is the mindless task of moving weight, and then mentally masturbate to convince yourself your life isn't utterly pathetic

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5815
Yeah it's unfortunate because almost everyone is lazy to some degree now. It's very rare that someones natural impulse is to do difficult work. There's always some mental resistance. I feel like if we were in our optimal environment we would naturally do what we need to because we were evolved to do that so we could survive. It could even be that the things we need to do nowadays deviate so far from what we are naturally inclined to do.
Most people are relatively fine, there are no real reasons to do insanely difficult work all the time
Generally if you’re doing insanely difficult work you’re doing so because you got conned into doing it by someone else.

Most people do a moderate amount of difficult work throughout their lives and that’s perfectly fine. It’s imperative that you have a balance of discipline and leisure to ensure the healthiest possible mental state (the meaning of life is to become as mentally sound as you can be before it’s over)

Too much leisure and you don’t set yourself up to be successful enough to not worry about anything
Too much work and you waste your life being a slave for someone who figured out how to be as mentally sound as they could be

The answer to EVERY question in life is always in the middle. Always.

Hopelessness

• +1
Reactions: Nick.Harte
lack of postive feedback

• +1
lack of positive feedback

• +1
Yes, having a community definitely improves productivity, and the blackpill community is one of the best tbh.

• +1
Reactions: goldpill
For me it's lack of incentive.

I feel lazy when it comes to do things that I hate or don't enjoy.

I don't particurlarly like my job but it gets me good money so I do it flat out.

I go to the gym 7/7 even if it's boring but the reward of seeing my gymmaxxed body in the miror while 80% of the people are walking with disgusting bodies gets me going.

• +1
Reactions: NegativeNorwood