Worried my best friend is becoming an incel

lestoa

lestoa

We've been friends for most of our adult lives but we have lived in separate cities for 6 year or so. Once every few years we will get together and visit each other. He's been single for a few years and has difficulty matching with and speaking to women on datings apps. I'll try to find examples but I think he mostly just comes off as slightly awkward. I'm his closet female friend so he usually reaches out to ask for advice. Recently he got angry when a woman matched with him but ignored his 'compliment' (pickup line about her stealing his heart) and said he found it frustrating when he put all this 'time and effort' into writing her a compliment only for her to ignore. Not sure how to help him, I do try to explain why this might be a problematic view but I don't see him all the time.

He also said this subreddit was an "echo chamber" and I feel like he's completely missing the point. It's not an echo chamber- women just experience violence this frequently.

• JFL
Reactions: bleachmaxxer69 and BigJimsWornOutTires
what sub was this taken from jfl

no worries brother

stop smoking though
i only smoke sometimes, my 16 year old ass dont have enough for that money anyways

• Hmm...
Reactions: BigJimsWornOutTires and dad
i only smoke sometimes, my 16 year old ass dont have enough for that money anyways
i used to smoke everyday and sell, it's not worth it

I hate women

• +1
Reactions: dad
We've been friends for most of our adult lives but we have lived in separate cities for 6 year or so. Once every few years we will get together and visit each other. He's been single for a few years and has difficulty matching with and speaking to women on datings apps. I'll try to find examples but I think he mostly just comes off as slightly awkward. I'm his closet female friend so he usually reaches out to ask for advice. Recently he got angry when a woman matched with him but ignored his 'compliment' (pickup line about her stealing his heart) and said he found it frustrating when he put all this 'time and effort' into writing her a compliment only for her to ignore. Not sure how to help him, I do try to explain why this might be a problematic view but I don't see him all the time.

He also said this subreddit was an "echo chamber" and I feel like he's completely missing the point. It's not an echo chamber- women just experience violence this frequently.
i’ve seen this post on reddit lol. women will do whatever but date their unattractive male friends. (he’s like a brother to me)

• +1
Reactions: lestoa
Wow another reddit post great

• +1
Reactions: lestoa